The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by junkerde »

shows badge

embargo every page

phaz0ngoji
Interpol Agent

Post by phaz0ngoji »

Hey Chris, on a scale of 1-10, how excited are you?

1 being super excited, and 10 being astronomically excited, of course.

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Chris55 wrote:
Godzillasaurus wrote:Nobody has answered my question yet, why is it such a sin to either proclaim or discuss that the movie is amazing? If we saw a review that said it was amazing, why can't we just post that piece of it? The same thing goes for reviewers, is it going to hurt to just say that without making a full-on review?
How come when it's clearly stated, WHY do you have to persist? We're following an embargo. That's the end of it. Not that hard to understand.
Because nobody ever told me that only stating if the movie was good or not was "against Legendary's rules" ( :roll: )

tomcruisectrl
Samurai

Post by tomcruisectrl »

I'd imagine he's at a 27 level

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Chris55 wrote: @Phaz: I'd be more excited if I wasn't wasting my time telling people why the site has to follow an embargo. It's gotten past stupid at this point.
You know the Draglord, Gawdziller, and the other mods are doing a good job of taking care of the leaks so you should relax and not deal with all the stupidness.

Also a lot of members of this board are younger so they might not get the concept of an embargo and the industry rules that are in place. Might want to go a little easy on them.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Let's just drop the embargo complaining shall we?

We have PLENTY and i mean PLENTY of other things to talk about.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Godzillasylum
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillasylum »

I speculate that Godzilla is going to do amazing when it comes out.. :mrgreen:
Good hunter... May you find your worth in the waking world.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Living Corpse wrote:
You know the Draglord, Gawdziller, and the other mods are doing a good job of taking care of the leaks so you should relax and not deal with all the stupidness.
They clearly aren't since your still around after spoiling something for me. -_- And since Godzillaman is still around after being chewed out for posting spoilers. After being warned. Several times.
and since im still around.

but all jokes aside, when is the prescreening at? midnight?

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Gawdziller wrote:You taste delicious, LC!

I'd like to note that A. I'm coming off of a leave of absense due to an injury and was taking it easy for a while. Since I don't think you guys wanted me modding you on painkillers, I refrained from banning all of you outright just because I was in lala land and it would have been funny. B. I'm not sure what post from Godzillaman of Godzilla21 you're refering to that's spoiling the movie, since I just decided to jump back in. Where exactly are they spoiling it for you? Instead of complaining about it on the board, maybe you should be, I don't know, reporting them.
A month ago I was posted an accidental spoiler and Living Corpse saw it, got mad, and started calling me names. It was an honest accident and I apologized to him. It seems he's still holding on tight to his resentment though...
SpaceG92 wrote:

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

2 weeks away. I just can't believe it. Such a long wait, now it's almost over.... It's really hard to take it all in
"A monster can live forever"

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

tmz live was doing something on Godzilla earlier today. It was nothing special they were just discussing (in their silly joking manner) Godzilla's new appearance in comparison to older incarnations and made the mistake of stating that Godzilla is 50 years old.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

If Chris were to break an embargo he'd be blacklisted. Frankly, and to no offense to any of you, but y'all aren't worth it. Everyone who agrees to embargo is entrusted to have good ethics, Chris should be commended for showing that his ethics are strong.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Chris55 wrote: @Phaz: I'd be more excited if I wasn't wasting my time telling people why the site has to follow an embargo. It's gotten past stupid at this point.

Also a lot of members of this board are younger so they might not get the concept of an embargo and the industry rules that are in place. Might want to go a little easy on them.
That would be fine if the members here weren't explained to ad nauseum about what an embargo was. We've been dealing with embargos for this movie for how long now? 6 months?
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Underworld54 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

That would be fine if the members here weren't explained to ad nauseum about what an embargo was. We've been dealing with embargos for this movie for how long now? 6 months?
Maybe some people weren't here 6 months ago. Some people may have.... You know.... been doing other things like working, going to school, having a girlfriend/boyfriend, hanging out with friends. Not every patrols these boards 24-7.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Actually, they did. Time and time and time again.
I don't remember them verifying if they were talking about ALL reactions or just reviews though...
I am fully aware of the embargo, but it just seems so stupid that Legendary won't even let one give a simple reaction (like if they said "the movie is awesome! Go see it!"). So don't claim that I am just some kid who likes Godzilla and does not know anything else

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Well that makes sense. But it still does not seem logical on Legendary's behalf to keep good reviews a secret

But anyway, when exactly is the screening today?

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Godzillasaurus wrote:Well that makes sense. But it still does not seem logical on Legendary's behalf to keep good reviews a secret

But anyway, when exactly is the screening today?
Just stay tuned to the TK twitter account and the boards Godzillasaurus. You will see fun stuff in no time.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Eunectes wrote:Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I've seen that written before...but where...
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

Das because it is written somewhere else.