The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Post Reply
User avatar
warman222
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 634
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Narnia

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by warman222 »

It's one of the many pieces of sensationalist fan art that came out by hack artists trying to cash in on the Godzilla 2014 hype a couple of years ago by naming any Godzilla work they did Godzilla 2014. Before anything official came out. I think there were others by this guy where he put the legendary logo on them just to confuse people.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

User avatar
junkerde
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2415
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:19 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by junkerde »

yeah idk why you post that here, put that stuff in fan art. has nothing to do with the movie.
Image

User avatar
SoleMan
G-Grasper
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by SoleMan »

Dorkzilla wrote:
SoleMan wrote:Okay, so an idea came to me today. Here's what I think would be the perfect ending:

Godzilla goes through everything: destroys most of America, fights the other monsters, kills the military and all opposition. At the end he goes to Area 51 or something similar (Underground, y'know) tears up the whole place, kills everybody there, and rips open one of their tanks to reveal Goji Jr. trapped in their clutches. He saves his son and heads out into the ocean with him.

I apologize if anyone else came up with that and said it loudly, but I really think that would be cool. I know they won't do it because...well...that would make sense, and sense is something Hollywood ran out of long ago.
I am glad that you do not appear to be anywhere near to Hollywood. Or any big script-writing groups in general.
You guys don't like that idea, like, at all? I swear I'm not trolling I really think that's pretty cool...oh well, they said the same thing for my Pacific Rim sequel idea. Damn, I must really have lost it.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

User avatar
LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 3902
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: Church of Satan
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by LiquidG »

SoleMan wrote:You guys don't like that idea, like, at all? I swear I'm not trolling I really think that's pretty cool...oh well, they said the same thing for my Pacific Rim sequel idea. Damn, I must really have lost it.
Not to be mean but it sounds extremely fan wankish and illogical.
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"


Image

User avatar
junkerde
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2415
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:19 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by junkerde »

LiquidG wrote:
SoleMan wrote:You guys don't like that idea, like, at all? I swear I'm not trolling I really think that's pretty cool...oh well, they said the same thing for my Pacific Rim sequel idea. Damn, I must really have lost it.
Not to be mean but it sounds extremely fan wankish and illogical.
pretty much
Image

User avatar
Ōei
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Ōei »

I hate fan art like that. trying to make godzilla serious and it makes it look laughable.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8587
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Godzilla21 »

Man you guys are vicious today. The guy legitimately thought he had a good story. Don't have to crap all over him.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
SoleMan
G-Grasper
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by SoleMan »

LiquidG wrote:
SoleMan wrote:You guys don't like that idea, like, at all? I swear I'm not trolling I really think that's pretty cool...oh well, they said the same thing for my Pacific Rim sequel idea. Damn, I must really have lost it.
Not to be mean but it sounds extremely fan wankish and illogical.
Yeah, it's a bit of Fan-boyism. I just always liked how Godzilla got his angriest when his son was threatened, I thought it added depth to his character.

It could be logical, if you set it up right. I maintain Hollywood's not smart enough to do that, though.
Man you guys are vicious today. The guy legitimately thought he had a good story. Don't have to crap all over him.
Thanks man, that means a lot. :)
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

20th Century Boy
Futurian
Posts: 3615
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by 20th Century Boy »

SoleMan wrote:Okay, so an idea came to me today. Here's what I think would be the perfect ending:

Godzilla goes through everything: destroys most of America, fights the other monsters, kills the military and all opposition. At the end he goes to Area 51 or something similar (Underground, y'know) tears up the whole place, kills everybody there, and rips open one of their tanks to reveal Goji Jr. trapped in their clutches. He saves his son and heads out into the ocean with him.

I apologize if anyone else came up with that and said it loudly, but I really think that would be cool. I know they won't do it because...well...that would make sense, and sense is something Hollywood ran out of long ago.
That seems like a fine idea for an original monster movie, just not Godzilla.

User avatar
Dorkzilla
GPN Volunteer
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Dorkzilla »

Ōei wrote:I hate fan art like that. trying to make godzilla serious and it makes it look laughable.
Are you saying that you don't like it when Godzilla is serious?

User avatar
Mr. Xeno
Futurian
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: What's The Difference Between IMAX 3D and Normal 3D?

Post by Mr. Xeno »

The theater I'm going to is not listed on either place above. Guess I'll never know.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 3902
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: Church of Satan
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by LiquidG »

Dorkzilla wrote:
Ōei wrote:I hate fan art like that. trying to make godzilla serious and it makes it look laughable.
Are you saying that you don't like it when Godzilla is serious?
There's dark and serious and then there's trying to hard, take Elfen Lied for example
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"


Image

User avatar
Ōei
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Ōei »

LiquidG wrote:
Dorkzilla wrote:
Ōei wrote:I hate fan art like that. trying to make godzilla serious and it makes it look laughable.
Are you saying that you don't like it when Godzilla is serious?
There's dark and serious and then there's trying to hard, take Elfen Lied for example
right, thanks for clearing that up LiquidG.

I like serious... but not that... it's borderline scary....

and really, outside of the parliament of China? :lol:

User avatar
Ōei
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 am

Re: What's The Difference Between IMAX 3D and Normal 3D?

Post by Ōei »

I hate to be that guy. but could this not be asked in an existing thread? or in the general discussion forum?

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8587
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: What's The Difference Between IMAX 3D and Normal 3D?

Post by Godzilla21 »

Ōei wrote:I hate to be that guy. but could this not be asked in an existing thread? or in the general discussion forum?
There has been a lot of good information back and forth in this thread and I'm sure a lot more people are aware about certain aspects of IMAX. I'm sure many people are wondering whether they wanted to see the movie in IMAX or not and have more info now.

Edit: and it looks like someone agreed with you and merged the thread.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1666
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:57 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Darth Calypso »

warman222 wrote:It's one of the many pieces of sensationalist fan art that came out by hack artists trying to cash in on the Godzilla 2014 hype a couple of years ago by naming any Godzilla work they did Godzilla 2014. Before anything official came out. I think there were others by this guy where he put the legendary logo on them just to confuse people.
He didn't do that, some other guy took his art and photoshopped the logos on it and reposted it to create a buzz about what the design would look like.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

Rebecto
Young Farmer
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:30 am

Godzilla 2014

Post by Rebecto »

Hi guys!

What do you think of this poster for the upcoming Godzilla? I love!
http://godzillalefilm.tumblr.com/post/8 ... ste-chouet

Rebss

User avatar
KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 1029
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 am
Location: /pol/and

Re: Godzilla 2014

Post by KJ Corp »

We have a thread for this....

Nice poster!

User avatar
Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Underworld54 »

I'm all set to go!
Image
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

User avatar
HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1652
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 2:55 pm
Location: Atlanta-ish.

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by HannibalBarca »

Still waiting for tickets to become available at my theather of choice...the only showtimes currently shown for the fifteenth there are for "Mom's Night Out," a Christian family comedy. Image
In my opinion, of course.

Post Reply