The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
DirektorSplennic
Gotengo Officer

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I'm not really that knowledgeable on transfers. So what I'm gathering is that every single time I've sat down to watch G14, it's been a very shitty dvd transfer, whether it be playing on HBO or I watch some clips on YouTube, and that the only time I saw the movie as it was meant to be seen, was once five years ago in the movie theater?
Yep. Pretty much. Sad, isn't it?

I have to wonder if there's any sort of fan restoration out there that I don't know about.
That... kind of angers me. But at the same time, (maybe it's because it's been over five years) I don't remember the movie being that much brighter. This news of the 4K release does intrigue me though, and I'm usually never interested in different transfers of movies (accept if I order it off of Xfinity and it only comes in fullscreen instead of widescreen like they did with KOTM).

EDIT: Wait holy poop it's been six years.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Imagine being such a piece of poop you think someone should slowly suffer and die because they're making it harder for you to buy children's dinosaur toys.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah but a newer 4K TV with a decent dimming zone count and HDR will make a huge difference. When we watched the final episode on Carnival Row on my dad's previous TV and the sewer scenes were almost incomprehensible. He ordered a newer TV with way more dimming zones the the difference in picture was like night and day.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983