The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by LegendaryGoji »

TheSecondComing wrote:You'll probably have to. But I was talking about G14's Oppenheimer teaser, and then the G14 panel.

It's dated July 21, 2013 on YT, and that's actually the last day that SDCC '13 ran that year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUEPGY68tJQ
Wait, I thought the Oppenheimer teaser was shown in Comic Con 2012 and actual footage of the movie in Comic Con 2013?

I know the former one ended up being leaked more than a year later, but the 2013 footage never did.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Break quoted Youtube tag
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

LegendaryGoji wrote:
TheSecondComing wrote:You'll probably have to. But I was talking about G14's Oppenheimer teaser, and then the G14 panel.

It's dated July 21, 2013 on YT, and that's actually the last day that SDCC '13 ran that year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUEPGY68tJQ
Wait, I thought the Oppenheimer teaser was shown in Comic Con 2012 and actual footage of the movie in Comic Con 2013?

I know the former one ended up being leaked more than a year later, but the 2013 footage never did.
The panel was actually held Saturday the 20th; the video wasn't uploaded until the day after.

The Oppenheimer teaser was shown first in 2012, but they showed it again in 2013 followed by rough footage of the Honolulu Airport sequence with an incomplete CG Muto and Godzilla. Sadly, no, that footage was never released publicly. Which is fine, and understandable why, as it was incomplete. If they show a teaser or trailer this month it will probably be released to the public as it will be more polished for general audience consumption, not something meant to tease just a decently sized crowd.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Break quoted Youtube tag
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Warner has openly released their Con footage online since about 2016. They released Justice League footage in 2016 well over a year before it's fall 2017 release. The only way they wouldn't release any is if the CG is really rough and unfinished. This far along they should have enough completed for at least a teaser. KSI didn't show much so KotM doesn't need to show too much either.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Oh man I'm excited.
18 for the win!

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

This has been posted on other topics but I haven't seen it posted on here yet...The Monarch Twitter page has deleted all of their Tweets. Also, the very first piece of viral marketing for Godzilla 2014 which was leading up to SDCC 2013:
Spoiler:
Was released on July 10, 2013. Today is July 8, 2018. DUN DUN DUN...
LONG LIVE THE KING

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

We zoom in on the first image of Godzilla from the upcoming Godzilla: King of the Monsters movie!

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

jackzilla wrote:Here's a thought guys...you guys remember the cloudy red title card used in the trailers for Godzilla 2014? I was thinking...it'd be cool if for Godzilla: KOTM, they did that, but it was blue. Or maybe yellow cause of King Ghidorah. Here, all this is is a fan made title card for the movie and I slapped a blue tint on to give you a hint of what I mean:
https://i.imgur.com/wLrANDF.png
I CALLED IT
LONG LIVE THE KING

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

jackzilla wrote:
jackzilla wrote:Here's a thought guys...you guys remember the cloudy red title card used in the trailers for Godzilla 2014? I was thinking...it'd be cool if for Godzilla: KOTM, they did that, but it was blue. Or maybe yellow cause of King Ghidorah. Here, all this is is a fan made title card for the movie and I slapped a blue tint on to give you a hint of what I mean:
https://i.imgur.com/wLrANDF.png
I CALLED IT
Dude, you're fucking psychic. I swear. You're calling EVERYTHING.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Devilsadvocat631
Yojimbo

Post by Devilsadvocat631 »

Teaser trailer is out before the weekend.
https://youtu.be/azuAfgAbJn4

Who do you think that roar belongs to?

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

Definitely Ghidorah.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Probably ghidorah.

Im guessing Millie's character is probably trying to contact monarch after being kidnapped, but the emerging ghidorah interferes with the signal.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Heard one of Monarch's outposts is in Scotland.

I think I know why. ;)

Loch Ness Monster. Seems to imply Nessie does indeed exist in the MonsterVerse. :D

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Heard one of Monarch's outposts is in Scotland.

I think I know why. ;)

Loch Ness Monster. Seems to imply Nessie does indeed exist in the MonsterVerse. :D
I noticed a lot of monster profiles all around the world on the website. They can't be clicked on though. I'm guessing as we get closer to the release date, more monsters will be known to us.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Heard one of Monarch's outposts is in Scotland.

I think I know why. ;)

I noticed a lot of monster profiles all around the world on the website. They can't be clicked on though. I'm guessing as we get closer to the release date, more monsters will be known to us.
There’s supposed to be a whole slew of the things.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I really hope Nessie appears in one of these movies!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Anguirus wrote:I really hope Nessie appears in one of these movies!
Same although I'd be fine if its simply there's just an reference and Easter egg such as a picture in the Loch showing some shape in the water. Still would never the less love a Nessie movie set in the MonsterVerse and if not worst case scenario just an episode in an Monarch NetFlix or TV show. Granted the latter would probably be the more likely case as I unfortunately imagine such a movie bombing. :(

If ever though I would nominate Gareth Edwards to direct. His style of "Hiding the monster" may had not worked for Godzilla but with something like Nessie it would since he/she is a monster that lurks beneath the waves like the shark in Jaws. That and it'd be a good way to save money on CGI such as perhaps being on a 80 million dollar budget that way the movie could at least make a decent profit.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

Devilsadvocat631 wrote:Teaser trailer is out before the weekend.
https://youtu.be/azuAfgAbJn4

Who do you think that roar belongs to?
Sounds like King Ghidorah.
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

So I’m rewatching this and a question came to mind- wouldn’t the MUTO’s and babies die anyway since the nuke was armed?
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

... Uh. Probably? I think? Wow that actually changes the dynamic a little, cause the mutos were gonna die either way, the parents obviously didn't know. In fact the only difference is the loss of the city entirely. Weird.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:So I’m rewatching this and a question came to mind- wouldn’t the MUTO’s and babies die anyway since the nuke was armed?
Yep that's why I hate the last act of the film because of that DAMN BOMB. It removes all tension from the final battle between the monsters which should be the dramatic focus of the entire film. Who wins? Doesn't matter they are all gonna die anyway.