The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
UltramanGoji

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:The origins of Toho's kaiju are part of their appeal and really hope Legendary does over simplify their origins here for the sake of general audience stupidity. I really don't want all the MonsterVerse to have the same exact origins. It's lazy and boring.
From taking the synopsis at face value (admittedly a poor choice, I admit), I really hope they don't puss out and give KG an Earthly origin.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I'm torn...if King Ghidorah is a space monster cosmic horror then I don't want him to die in Godzilla 2. A space monster getting killed that quickl, one that had a history in another continuity of wiping out civilizations, then it sort of lowers the danger level of future antagonists.

If King Ghidorah is an Earth monster that is just a level above Godzilla and co then I'm a little more okay if he buys it in that film.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

If Ghidorahs not an alien I truly truly truly truly prey they have an alien enemy for Kong and Godzilla to team up against. As unlikely as the chance of that is. But let a man dream dammit.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

So, I've been noticing some tweets like this lately.

https://twitter.com/pasinpasin/status/9 ... 4140521472

It would seem Godzilla is being broadcast in 4K overseas and that the picture quality is vastly better than the Blu Ray release, hopefully all the lighting issues resolved, hopefully that means a 4K Blu Ray may come in 2019 with Godzilla 2.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I wouldn't be surprised.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I hope they keep his alien origin. He's not King Ghidorah without being the mysterious intergalactic destroyer of worlds.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Even though he’s been an earth born creature 2 out of 3 of his Godzilla film incarnations. I’m fairly confident Dougherty will keep have some sort of extraterrestrial origins to him, he loves aliens and related stuff.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I'm fairly confident that Godzilla 2 will be a noticeable departure from G14 in overall feel and tone. Though I still doubt they'll go as far as KSI's tone.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I hope they keep his alien origin. He's not King Ghidorah without being the mysterious intergalactic destroyer of worlds.
I'm still hoping "... but those guys are crazy!.." wasn't just comedic touch. If they follow K:SI's lighter tone I think the alien route would be a lot of fun too.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

vibramrunner wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I hope they keep his alien origin. He's not King Ghidorah without being the mysterious intergalactic destroyer of worlds.
I'm still hoping "... but those guys are crazy!.." wasn't just comedic touch. If they follow K:SI's lighter tone I think the alien route would be a lot of fun too.
I agree completely. It seemed WAY too intentional just to be a comedic touch. Absolutely felt like it was an intentional nod at Ghidorah.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

vibramrunner wrote:I'm still hoping "... but those guys are crazy!.." wasn't just comedic touch. If they follow K:SI's lighter tone I think the alien route would be a lot of fun too.
The way I see it. It might be they don't believe it and then are proven to be wrong leaving those that said "They were crazy" baffled. I at best hope they imply King Ghidorah's extraterrestrial origin, doesn't have to fully explain it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think you guys are looking way too far into a simple gag.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

UltramanGoji wrote:I think you guys are looking way too far into a simple gag.
People at TK.... looking to far into a simple gag? Nooooo
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

It seemed a little on the nose for me for it just to be a throwaway joke. I mean I immediately though Ghidorah when Goodman said that. Of course it could still be nothing but I'm betting it was a knowing nod myself.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Speaks about Godzilla's Resurgence and at Toho a Godzilla Council that meet's once a month to discuss how to handle the Godzilla brand.

Speaks about opening more Godzilla stores due to there popularity, and stating it's very popular on weekends and 15% are generally non-Japanese. Nice to hear about Godzilla's revival.

link - http://www.telegram.com/news/20171207/g ... o-continue

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Speaks about Godzilla's Resurgence and at Toho a Godzilla Council that meet's once a month to discuss how to handle the Godzilla brand.

Speaks about opening more Godzilla stores due to there popularity, and stating it's very popular on weekends and 15% are generally non-Japanese. Nice to hear about Godzilla's revival.

I remember back on the old boards, people believed the franchise was not ready for any kind of revival. This was almost 10 years ago. Shows what those people knew, doesn't it?
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Speaks about Godzilla's Resurgence and at Toho a Godzilla Council that meet's once a month to discuss how to handle the Godzilla brand.

They mention opening Godzilla stores abroad, that'd be an awesome marketing tactic for GKOTM or GVK. Godzilla pop-up shops in NYC, San Fran, Chicago, etc.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

There's a Godzilla Council? That's pretty cool, would love to be a fly on the wall in that room.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:There's a Godzilla Council? That's pretty cool, would love to be a fly on the wall in that room.
They're surprisingly tall.

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

Well we've had Ghidorah with the following origins:
-Alien
-Mutant
-Earth Guardian

So I honestly believe that G2's Ghidorah needs to be an Earthly monster, but surrounded in mystery and the possibility of it's origins being elsewhere or alter by something fro such.