The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
warman222
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by warman222 »

It's one of the many pieces of sensationalist fan art that came out by hack artists trying to cash in on the Godzilla 2014 hype a couple of years ago by naming any Godzilla work they did Godzilla 2014. Before anything official came out. I think there were others by this guy where he put the legendary logo on them just to confuse people.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

yeah idk why you post that here, put that stuff in fan art. has nothing to do with the movie.

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

Dorkzilla wrote:
SoleMan wrote:Okay, so an idea came to me today. Here's what I think would be the perfect ending:

Godzilla goes through everything: destroys most of America, fights the other monsters, kills the military and all opposition. At the end he goes to Area 51 or something similar (Underground, y'know) tears up the whole place, kills everybody there, and rips open one of their tanks to reveal Goji Jr. trapped in their clutches. He saves his son and heads out into the ocean with him.

I apologize if anyone else came up with that and said it loudly, but I really think that would be cool. I know they won't do it because...well...that would make sense, and sense is something Hollywood ran out of long ago.
I am glad that you do not appear to be anywhere near to Hollywood. Or any big script-writing groups in general.
You guys don't like that idea, like, at all? I swear I'm not trolling I really think that's pretty cool...oh well, they said the same thing for my Pacific Rim sequel idea. Damn, I must really have lost it.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LiquidG »

SoleMan wrote:You guys don't like that idea, like, at all? I swear I'm not trolling I really think that's pretty cool...oh well, they said the same thing for my Pacific Rim sequel idea. Damn, I must really have lost it.
Not to be mean but it sounds extremely fan wankish and illogical.
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

LiquidG wrote:
SoleMan wrote:You guys don't like that idea, like, at all? I swear I'm not trolling I really think that's pretty cool...oh well, they said the same thing for my Pacific Rim sequel idea. Damn, I must really have lost it.
pretty much

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

I hate fan art like that. trying to make godzilla serious and it makes it look laughable.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Man you guys are vicious today. The guy legitimately thought he had a good story. Don't have to crap all over him.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

LiquidG wrote:
Yeah, it's a bit of Fan-boyism. I just always liked how Godzilla got his angriest when his son was threatened, I thought it added depth to his character.

It could be logical, if you set it up right. I maintain Hollywood's not smart enough to do that, though.
Man you guys are vicious today. The guy legitimately thought he had a good story. Don't have to crap all over him.
Thanks man, that means a lot. :)
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

SoleMan wrote:Okay, so an idea came to me today. Here's what I think would be the perfect ending:

Godzilla goes through everything: destroys most of America, fights the other monsters, kills the military and all opposition. At the end he goes to Area 51 or something similar (Underground, y'know) tears up the whole place, kills everybody there, and rips open one of their tanks to reveal Goji Jr. trapped in their clutches. He saves his son and heads out into the ocean with him.

I apologize if anyone else came up with that and said it loudly, but I really think that would be cool. I know they won't do it because...well...that would make sense, and sense is something Hollywood ran out of long ago.
That seems like a fine idea for an original monster movie, just not Godzilla.

Dorkzilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Dorkzilla »

Ōei wrote:I hate fan art like that. trying to make godzilla serious and it makes it look laughable.
Are you saying that you don't like it when Godzilla is serious?

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Re: What's The Difference Between IMAX 3D and Normal 3D?

Post by Mr. Xeno »

The theater I'm going to is not listed on either place above. Guess I'll never know.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LiquidG »

Dorkzilla wrote:
Ōei wrote:I hate fan art like that. trying to make godzilla serious and it makes it look laughable.
There's dark and serious and then there's trying to hard, take Elfen Lied for example
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

LiquidG wrote:
Dorkzilla wrote:
There's dark and serious and then there's trying to hard, take Elfen Lied for example
right, thanks for clearing that up LiquidG.

I like serious... but not that... it's borderline scary....

and really, outside of the parliament of China? :lol:

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

I hate to be that guy. but could this not be asked in an existing thread? or in the general discussion forum?

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Ōei wrote:I hate to be that guy. but could this not be asked in an existing thread? or in the general discussion forum?
There has been a lot of good information back and forth in this thread and I'm sure a lot more people are aware about certain aspects of IMAX. I'm sure many people are wondering whether they wanted to see the movie in IMAX or not and have more info now.

Edit: and it looks like someone agreed with you and merged the thread.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Post by Darth Calypso »

warman222 wrote:It's one of the many pieces of sensationalist fan art that came out by hack artists trying to cash in on the Godzilla 2014 hype a couple of years ago by naming any Godzilla work they did Godzilla 2014. Before anything official came out. I think there were others by this guy where he put the legendary logo on them just to confuse people.
He didn't do that, some other guy took his art and photoshopped the logos on it and reposted it to create a buzz about what the design would look like.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

Rebecto
Young Farmer

Godzilla 2014

Post by Rebecto »

Hi guys!

What do you think of this poster for the upcoming Godzilla? I love!
http://godzillalefilm.tumblr.com/post/8 ... ste-chouet

Rebss

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla 2014

Post by KJ Corp »

We have a thread for this....

Nice poster!

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

I'm all set to go!
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

Still waiting for tickets to become available at my theather of choice...the only showtimes currently shown for the fifteenth there are for "Mom's Night Out," a Christian family comedy. Image
In my opinion, of course.