The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by GFAN198423 »

Underworld54 wrote:Someone timed his time on screen and it's supposedly 26 minutes, more than enough Godzilla.
If that's literally time seen on screen, not just overall scene, that's more than Gojira so yeah, plenty.

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

G-Fan wrote:Going to see the movie tonight! Been waiting for that moment for such a long time! This will be a superb evening! :D
Can you link me your viewing? I can't seem to find it on Filmweb.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

gatorzilla wrote:
Ok ill give you another one...what about the critics who have said the monster screen time is perfect? That the characterization is great? Etc. etc.
Again people are getting up in arms over nothing.

I'll give another example...IM3 had great reviews from critics praising the movie yet a lot of fans hated it. If you go strictly by critic and others reviews then you are just ruining the fun for yourself

There is a brand new Godzilla movie coming out in a couple of days....what on God's green earth does ANYONE have to be depressed or disappointed about?
I guess I'll pop in and agree with you. ;)
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

G-Fan
Yojimbo

Post by G-Fan »

KJ Corp - this is a press screening. Don't think you will find it on filmweb. All press screenings take place today, in multiple theatres across Warsaw (Sadyba, Galeria Mokotow, Arkadia etc.)
Godzilla jest w Każdym z Nas!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Just a friendly reminder, either during or after the season finale of Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge, there will be SOMETHING Godzilla-related.
The show starts at 9:00 P.M.

I DOUBT it'll be anything major, but it'll be Godzilla none-the-less, so yeah.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I just found out that there will be an extended cut for Godzilla. :shock: Is this true?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Just a friendly reminder, either during or after the season finale of Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge, there will be SOMETHING Godzilla-related.
The show starts at 9:00 P.M.

I DOUBT it'll be anything major, but it'll be Godzilla none-the-less, so yeah.
I will be in the midst of the final battle at that time tonight, so I don't think I'm missing anything...LOL :huge:
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

TyrantGojira wrote:I just found out that there will be an extended cut for Godzilla. :shock: Is this true?
There will be a fair amount of additional material, but whether it's an extended cut or just scenes you play remains to be seen.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/

Chris Mirjahangir: Will there be an extended cut of this (Godzilla) on the dbd/blu-ray?
Thomas Tull: Yes
Mirjahangir: Like Peter Jackson style where it's all blended in together?
Tull: Well, that's really Gareth's choice. There are certainly some scenes and things you're gonna see, and it's up to him how he wants to present that to fans.

kgmovie
Monsterland Worker

Post by kgmovie »

Chill out and laugh a little guys. This is the best part!

Honest Trailer G98
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vtzSP8Vjkc ... e=youtu.be

caped_crusader
GPN Volunteer

Post by caped_crusader »

kgmovie wrote:Chill out and laugh a little guys. This is the best part!

Honest Trailer G98
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vtzSP8Vjkc ... e=youtu.be
been waiting for this!! lmaooo
Godzilla will return in The Avengers: Age of Roar

kaijubait
Monsterland Worker

Post by kaijubait »

GFAN198423 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:Someone timed his time on screen and it's supposedly 26 minutes, more than enough Godzilla.
If that's literally time seen on screen, not just overall scene, that's more than Gojira so yeah, plenty.
That's all of Godzilla scenes, including when you just see his plates or parts of him.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

kaijubait wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:
That's all of Godzilla scenes, including when you just see his plates or parts of him.
And considering that people are complaining that the Mutos get more screen time, almost next to half of the movie should be monster footage.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

kaijubait wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:
I know, but what I mean is, if there's a 10 minute scene in that 26 minutes, do you see Godzilla the whole 10 minutes of the scene or do you only see him for like 5 minutes out of it?

For example, the Airport sequence is about 5 minutes or so, you're only seeing Godzilla for about half of that.

InugamiGuru
Samurai

Post by InugamiGuru »

Why are some people hung up on how much screen time Godzilla gets? I thought most people said they'd be happy as long as it's a good movie.
A kings' return is never silent.

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

gatorzilla wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:
Why dont you wait until you see the movie yourself before you go around defending it to the death?

God, it's like nobody can feel anything other than pure, blissful excitement for this movie. On the other hand, who here is getting "depressed" over this?
Oh yeah i forgot..unlike other fan bases we encourage negative attitudes when new stuff comes out :roll:
Can you stop being a fanboy for 1 minute and answer my question? Who here is getting "depressed" over this?

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:
Why dont you wait until you see the movie yourself before you go around defending it to the death?

God, it's like nobody can feel anything other than pure, blissful excitement for this movie. On the other hand, who here is getting "depressed" over this?
Oh yeah i forgot..unlike other fan bases we encourage negative attitudes when new stuff comes out :roll:
Can you stop being a fanboy for 1 minute and answer my question? Who here is getting "depressed" over this?
i am

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

gatorzilla wrote: Oh yeah i forgot..unlike other fan bases we encourage negative attitudes when new stuff comes out :roll:
Pretty much.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

phaz0ngoji
Interpol Agent

Post by phaz0ngoji »

Not to point fingers or anything, I feel like people are taking others' pessimism a little too seriously here. lol

If someone is lowering their expectations and excitement because of what they've been hearing... I don't see what's wrong with that. In the end, it could make the film experience better for them when they finally see it. It's something I should have done for Prometheus.

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

I know the Zilla fanboys might be bitching at it, but not sure about anybody else outside of the usual "doom'n'gloom nawt taho wurst mvie eva!!!!1!" crowd that seems to pop up when an American studio, after the disaster of '98, decides to try and give the character the movie it/he deserves.

We can accept any Toho design fine, but if anybody tries to make a fresh Godzilla design? Nope, gotta scream if it's not PIXEL *SKREEONKIN* PERFECT TO DEH 'RINGAL, of course. :roll:

Sometimes, I wonder if I should even bother with the G'14 section... :p

And I forgot Godzilla needs to be in every single god*skreeonk*ingdamn second of this movie because one fan says so!!!1!. Wow, what a mistake on my end. :roll:
At least G'98, for how awful the design turned out to be as Godzilla, still had suspense to it. Making Godzilla totally visible for every second in this film would absolutely destroy any possible suspense it could have. :/
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Jiragozira14 wrote:I know the Zilla fanboys might be bitching at it, but not sure about anybody else outside of the usual "doom'n'gloom nawt taho wurst mvie eva!!!!1!" crowd that seems to pop up when an American studio, after the disaster of '98, decides to try and give the character the movie it/he deserves.

We can accept any Toho design fine, but if anybody tries to make a fresh Godzilla design? Nope, gotta scream if it's not PIXEL *SKREEONKIN* PERFECT TO DEH 'RINGAL, of course. :roll:

Sometimes, I wonder if I should even bother with the G'14 section... :p

And I forgot Godzilla needs to be in every single god*skreeonk*ingdamn second of this movie because one fan says so!!!1!. Wow, what a mistake on my end. :roll:
At least G'98, for how awful the design turned out to be as Godzilla, still had suspense to it. Making Godzilla totally visible for every second in this film would absolutely destroy any possible suspense it could have. :/
Lol, I understand your frustration with the pessimism and agree on all your points, but just try to not let it get you down.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.