The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by ernesth100 »

Anyone want some Comedy with the monsters? Like maybe Godzilla see's a statue or poster of him and immediately makes a face of disgust and destroys it. Followed by a funny one liner.

"It's often the biggest stars that don't want the attention."
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

ernesth100 wrote:Anyone want some Comedy with the monsters? Like maybe Godzilla see's a statue or poster of him and immediately makes a face of disgust and destroys it. Followed by a funny one liner.

REALLY, you're going to do this shit again?
The first one had very little humor, yet you think the sequel would turn into some obnoxiously, unfunny film full of lame puns and jokes? And it'd be one thing if your examples of jokes actually funny, but the crap you're suggesting is just so unbearably lame.
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Hey, ease up. Unfunny or no, he's a nice person. No need to get on his case.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I'm just tired of seeing all his unfunny pun shit posts, like do you HONESTLY think something like that would be seen in the Legendary Godzilla series? All it is is just shit posting.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:Anyone want some Comedy with the monsters? Like maybe Godzilla see's a statue or poster of him and immediately makes a face of disgust and destroys it. Followed by a funny one liner.

God, your sense of humor is so insanely bad, I almost feel bad to make fun of you about it...
Like seriously, do you even comedy?
:lol:
I try. All I'm sayin is little kaiju comedy wouldn't hurt. The joke was an example, never intended to be funny. :D

Vatarian wrote:Hey, ease up. Unfunny or no, he's a nice person. No need to get on his case.
Eh, it's fine. I'm used to it.
Thanks for the support

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

WHY? The first film didn't have too much humor, and what it did have didn't take away the plot. The stuff Ernest keeps suggesting would just be obnoxious, and it's just not needed.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:WHY? The first film didn't have too much humor, and what it did have didn't take away the plot. The stuff Ernest keeps suggesting would just be obnoxious, and it's just not needed.
Okay, thats cool. Just suggesting an idea. I apologize for my obnoxiousness.

Although there is one thing we can all agree on. More screen time for the Big G amirite? 8-)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I agree, more screen time is a much needed thing, but I don't think we'll have to worry, the major complaint about Godzilla (2014) was his limited time on screen, and Gareth is fully aware of this, so I'm sure we'll get much more Godzilla action the next go-round. I just hope Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah aren't shafted. But if I had to bet, the sequel will focuse mainly on Godzilla and Ghidorah, with Mothra and Rodan serving as back up. And with Rodan and Mothra being two of Toho's most popular characters, I have faith they won't just be cannon fodder for Ghidorah or Godzilla.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Don't forget though, we only know all three foes show up in the sequels, there's no confirmation which show up in Godzilla 2

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Post by Can of Conspiracy »

GFAN198423 wrote:Don't forget though, we only know all three foes show up in the sequels, there's no confirmation which show up in Godzilla 2
Really wish more people would realize and accept this. Every news article or forum you look, users already keep setting themselves up for disappointment. There's just no use reminding them.

Mark my words, even a day before the premiere with five trailers and about 500 TV spots and clips out, some will still insist that X or Y monster, or both being in the movie is this amazing(ly well kept) twist/secret. You just know this will be the "Cranston-gate" and LEGENDARY LIED TO US AGAIN! mantra of 2018.
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Can of Conspiracy wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:Don't forget though, we only know all three foes show up in the sequels, there's no confirmation which show up in Godzilla 2
Really wish more people would realize and accept this. Every news article or forum you look, users already keep setting themselves up for disappointment. There's just no use reminding them.

Mark my words, even a day before the premiere with five trailers and about 500 TV spots and clips out, some will still insist that X or Y monster, or both being in the movie is this amazing(ly well kept) twist/secret. You just know this will be the "Cranston-gate" and LEGENDARY LIED TO US AGAIN! mantra of 2018.
Watch Mothra be the only official monster and we get Rodan Confirmed 2.0 lol

I say at most 2 out of 3 and I really see Ghidorah being saved for the third, maybe a hint at him at the end but not a main piece of the story, unless his origin is somehow tied to experiments, then you could have that as a subplot during a Mothra/Rodan story.

I actually think Rodan alone would be good for Godzilla 2, then have Ghidorah show up next in 3 and leave us wondering how Godzilla will when, then enter Mothra to help him.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Watch G2 basically be a remake of Mothra vs Godzilla and Godzilla 2 being a remake of Ghidrah T3HM.

Either I want it to pick up a few months after SF and cover the aftermath and a restless public or start years down the road where several giant monsters have already appeared in the wake of the Muto.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

They might introduce Rodan and Mothra in the sequel as opponents, with Godzilla and the world coming to terms with them. Then in the third film, they have to put aside their differences to battle the greater threat. Basically, Ghidrah split into two films without the assassination plot. Though I'm kind of hoping this isn't the route they take.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I'm hoping we get all 3 in one film. GTTHM already proved it can be done pretty well, and I feel like we'll need to get all 3 established if they want to go the "DAM remake" in the third film. Of course, so little is known at this point, that I'm not going to hold the filmmakers to anything. If they don't use all 3 in G2, fine, and if they don't go for a DAM remake, fine. Because honestly, I'll be happy if we get something as good or better than G14. But until we get information and trailers, all I have to go by is my hopes :)

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I can see Mothra being an enemy. But given that this Godzilla is more of a heroic figure much like Mothra has often been portrayed.in past G films. I'd say they are more likely to be allies against Ghidorah.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Watch G2 basically be a remake of Mothra vs Godzilla and Godzilla 2 being a remake of Ghidrah T3HM.

Either I want it to pick up a few months after SF and cover the aftermath and a restless public or start years down the road where several giant monsters have already appeared in the wake of the Muto.

Why not both? The opening credits can show the aftermath and a restless public and then the movie can jump to several years down the road with several other monsters having appeared, like Pacific Rim.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well yeah that could be done. I could imagine a Gamera 3 style opening credits with titles overlaying newsreel footage covering the aftermath with maybe Serizawa providing some Pacific Rim-esque narration.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Watch G2 basically be a remake of Mothra vs Godzilla and Godzilla 2 being a remake of Ghidrah T3HM.
Personally, that's always been the route I preferred and I think I'd be happier if they did that. My only concern is that Hollywood always wants more and that rather than taking the slow route (G2 focusing on Mothra, G3 introducing Rodan and King Ghidorah) they're going to jump straight to all three in G2. I don't mind, I believe it can be done and done well, but I think the slow approach would work better.

On the other hand, I'm skeptical that Legendary would announce the antagonist for G3 when they'd barely begun pre-production G2. Except for Disney, most studios don't operate like that. I lean toward all three being in G2 for that reason alone.

Example: even though they knew there'd probably be a third film, do you think they would've announced Bane would appear in the same press conference where they announced The Joker would be in TDK? I don't. Nobody usually plans that far ahead.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

I do.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Is Anyone still shocked that Godzilla had abs?