The Villian: Existing or New?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

New or old?

New kaiju
33%
Existing kaiju
20%
Neither
2%
Both
45%

Total votes: 83

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Re: The Villian: Existing or New?

Post by Smuggers »

When the film is released they have six years left of rights if they don't renew it.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

DeadpoolsbetterThanU
JXSDF Technician

Post by DeadpoolsbetterThanU »

movieartman wrote:here are some new concepts for godzilla and foes he may face in the film
http://www.scified.com/news/520
Godzilla's back could be more arched up than horizontal, otherwise cool.
Please don't let that first monster be Anguirus... probably not, but you never know.
That last monster looks like a clusterfuck of ideas shoved together.
They both look like realistic Pokemon...
CHIMICHANGA!!!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Nothing says AMURIKA like cars, explosives, guns, hot chicks, and tons of money being spent on it.

GodzillaBeastMode
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaBeastMode »

For the first movie, it is going to be two NEW monsters. Why is everybody having such a hard time grasping that? An idea that I'm just throwing out there, what if the two monsters were like this;
Monster1) Some sort of mutated combo. I.E. a Spider/Snake combo(just an example)
Monster2) the BIG baddie, a similar creature to Godzilla, more mutated though, HUGE spikes and long claws and fangs.(different attacks, not just generic atomic breath)
This way, Godzilla could fight the first monster and then this other "Godzilla" comes out and attacks and the two duke it out for dominance to become the King Of The Monsters.
Just a concept.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

We've already discussed those in detail. They're not real.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

GodzillaBeastMode wrote:For the first movie, it is going to be two NEW monsters. Why is everybody having such a hard time grasping that? An idea that I'm just throwing out there, what if the two monsters were like this;
Monster1) Some sort of mutated combo. I.E. a Spider/Snake combo(just an example)
Monster2) the BIG baddie, a similar creature to Godzilla, more mutated though, HUGE spikes and long claws and fangs.(different attacks, not just generic atomic breath)
This way, Godzilla could fight the first monster and then this other "Godzilla" comes out and attacks and the two duke it out for dominance to become the King Of The Monsters.
Just a concept.
Where do people keep getting the info it's two NEW monsters?

I thought it was just two monsters and no other details beyond that..
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

KingGhidorah
Interpol Agent

Post by KingGhidorah »

Sav wrote:
GodzillaBeastMode wrote:For the first movie, it is going to be two NEW monsters. Why is everybody having such a hard time grasping that? An idea that I'm just throwing out there, what if the two monsters were like this;
Just a concept.

There was an article, but I don't remember the name or link.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

KingGhidorah wrote:
Sav wrote:
Just a concept.

There was an article, but I don't remember the name or link.
http://www.chud.com/122531/exclusive-le ... e-monster/

eh, the way the article says it is more like two more monsters are now confirmed, in addition to Godzilla.

"The film will feature more than one monster, confirming that two new monsters will also be wreaking havoc – this in addition to the big guy."

When i first read it, i thought it meant more monsters are confirmed. I didn't read into it like Legendary is making their own monsters.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Sav wrote:
When i first read it, i thought it meant more monsters are confirmed. I didn't read into it like Legendary is making their own monsters.
Neither have I, quite frankly.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillaBeastMode
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaBeastMode »

When i first read it, i thought it meant more monsters are confirmed. I didn't read into it like Legendary is making their own monsters.[/quote]
there is such a thing as more than one article. Also people do sum up articles too.

Seb_InBadTaste
Young Farmer

Post by Seb_InBadTaste »

Regardless of what the villain is, I would prefer if it was only hinted at until around the final act where the military would realize that they need Godzilla to beat this thing. I don't want there to be two monsters rampaging through the entire film.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Maybe one of the Monsters is created alongside Godzilla from a Nuclear incident, meanwhile and later on the film, another Monster is made by the Military/Scientists? Maybe the Military asks the Scientists to make a weapon to stop Godzilla, and like usual it becomes a mistake.
Yooo 8-)

Togera
Ronin

Post by Togera »

I think that they should use existing Kaiju. I really would like to see some of the familiar faces, but maybe 'revamped' abit. Like Peter Jackson's King Kong. The Dinosaurs in the 1933 version were improved for today's audience in 2005...
Running is not an option in the apocalypse. Unless its a Kaiju Apocalypse...THEN you run....