The Official Cast and Character Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Re: The Official Cast and Character Thread

Post by junkerde »

goddamnit atj.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Tek wrote:Now Cranston, on the other hand, cracks me up everytime and it's awesome coz you can clearly see what a fan he is of the Godzilla character and history.
Has Cranston said anything about the "Godzilla character and history" other than "I watched the Raymond Burr one on TV in the 50s and I liked Godzilla more than King Kong because he didn't apologize"?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

I wanna have a beer with Cranston and talk.

ATJ seems like some dick who picks on women in bars.

i don't know the guy, but he seems very... not nice

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

The hate on ATJ is seriously some stupid hate.

Go listen to his roundtable interview, if he didn't give a fuck or a shit about Godzilla he probably wouldn't have signed up for it. Whatever half-assed assumptions you guys made are asinine and i'm sure he well played his role.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Tek wrote:The one that irked me was... "How did Godzilla help you in any way for Avengers 2?"

He looked very put off... and said "Um... nothing, really..." and it was like c'mon dude.
I would write this off as being more of an odd question than a dickish answer. I mean, the roles are practically opposites of one another- the superhero who does incredible things vs. the normal man who has to endure an incredible situation out of his control. I can't come up with any good answer for why they would relate to each other in any significant way for him, so I can't blame him for being paused by it.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

I haven't seen all the interviews yet, but the ones I have he seems more like he's just an aloof person rather than a dick or smug or anything like that. Of course I've never met the guy so I really couldn't say.
HayesAJones wrote:
Tek wrote:The one that irked me was... "How did Godzilla help you in any way for Avengers 2?"

He looked very put off... and said "Um... nothing, really..." and it was like c'mon dude.
I would write this off as being more of an odd question than a dickish answer. I mean, the roles are practically opposites of one another- the superhero who does incredible things vs. the normal man who has to endure an incredible situation out of his control. I can't come up with any good answer for why they would relate to each other in any significant way for him, so I can't blame him for being paused by it.
I pretty much agree with your take on it Hayes, it was an odd question that didn't have a good answer.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

"You want answers?"
"I want the BUMP!"
"You can't handle the BUMP!"
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

I thought that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would have been better as Ford Brody than ATJ. Sad he passed over the film.
Yooo 8-)

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Bump for the return of the King of the Monsters!
:xilien:

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Bumb down your throat MUTO
Yooo 8-)

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

TheSecondComing wrote:Five more uncredited actors.

Richard Michael Egan as "Runner."
Jake Mitchell as "Runner."
Tyler Vogel as "Runner."
Alara Ulgener as "Runner."

also, somebody gave supervising sound editor Erik Aadahl an acting nod as "Godzilla (voice, uncredited)."
:lol:

scraping the barrel are we not?

I kid. :huge: