The MUTO Monsters Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
The One and Only
Futurian

Re: The MUTO Monsters Thread

Post by The One and Only »

2004Zilla wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:Is possible that MORE mutations are out there aside from the MUTOS in the movie. You may never know.
Been awhile since I read Awakening but if I remember correctly the military considers a shit-ton of different species "MUTOs," so you are definitely right.
Although Muto is the name of the creatures we've attributed to the Bonnie and Clyde daikaiju that took on Godzilla in the Legendary flick. One must remember that M.U.T.O. is an acronym, Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism, for the military designation for creatures like Godzilla ,and the other beasties until a proper name/designation is assigned to it.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Oh, so there you go. Mutations would just carry that as a way to be referred.

I'd like for each from now on to have a distinct name though, but that's probably just me... :?
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Giga Kaiju wrote:As a matter of fact, yeah. That comic (which I haven't read, but seen little bit of it) apparently had one (or some) monster that was like a sea creature thingie, I believe...

For that same reason I believe that maybe we could see more mutations that are different OUT THERE in the world of G14.
Damn, the Shinomura was pretty cool. Any swarm of death is deadly to me :lol:

I't be cool to see another MUTO, I just wonder if Monarch all classify the monsters on the island and Kong as MUTO ;)
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Mothra/Rodan/KG would be "MUTOs" too until the military designates them.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Oh. In that way, it'd be make sense until their names are given by backstory and any reference to legend and stuff.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Variola wrote:Mothra/Rodan/KG would be "MUTOs" too until the military designates them.

Mirjahangir: If you were to bring a Toho monster into the next film, would it be considered a MUTO or would you give it its original name?

Borenstein: Obviously it remains to be determined, but I think there's fun to be had in being able to do both. The fun thing about MUTO is it's a monicker. The military gives acronyms to everything. It's a catch-all acronym and you can do both, really.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/m ... -2014.html
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Ha. Forgot about that interview. Seems like the term and the names of the monster can co-exist.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Makes sense, and goes along with the whole "Codename" thing.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Wait, If the male Muto was already in San Francisco bay, the female Muto was already in the city, and that the electricity didn't go off in the city until the male Muto uses his EMP, and the fact that the female Muto already has her EMP whenever she's around, wouldn't the lights in the city be already turned off before the male Muto used his EMP?
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Wait, If the male Muto was already in San Francisco bay, the female Muto was already in the city, and that the electricity didn't go off in the city until the male Muto uses his EMP, and the fact that the female Muto already has her EMP whenever she's around, wouldn't the lights in the city be already turned off before the male Muto used his EMP?
It seems Femuto produces a smaller and weaker bubble around her instead of a huge pulse like the male does. Hence why it never shown a pulse whenever she is around and the power only shuts off when she's direct near something.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

I guess to level-up the two MUTOS, I think. One has powers, the other does too, but more on the size deal.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

The Female MUTO's EMP is weaker and less stable, not consistent.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

IIRC, Male Muto can unleash an EMP from his claws. The Female constantly emits hers.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Oh. It was something like that. Didn't pay much attention to that, I guess. As it is, I though that the only who could do so was the Male Muto for doing so with his claws every here and then.

But, now that you mention it. The Female Muto DID have some sort of that as in the movie, AS SOON as she was defeated, the energy came back to the city.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Giga Kaiju wrote:Oh. It was something like that. Didn't pay much attention to that, I guess. As it is, I though that the only who could do so was the Male Muto for doing so with his claws every here and then.

But, now that you mention it. The Female Muto DID have some sort of that as in the movie, AS SOON as she was defeated, the energy came back to the city.
The female emits a bubble called the Sphere of Influence and its just constantly in effect until she was killed.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Can't help but feel like the MUTO will fall into that category of forgettable Godzilla enemies that only appeared once but who knows.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Godzillian wrote:Can't help but feel like the MUTO will fall into that category of forgettable Godzilla enemies that only appeared once but who knows.
Eh probably

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Godzillian wrote:Can't help but feel like the MUTO will fall into that category of forgettable Godzilla enemies that only appeared once but who knows.
They'll always have the distinction of being the first American-made Godzilla movie monster. But beyond that, there's not much to them.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Mr. X wrote:
They'll always have the distinction of being the first American-made Godzilla movie monster. But beyond that, there's not much to them.
Lies! this is the first!
Godzilla

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

With how much screentime they had? I wouldn't think so.