Filming to begin in 2013?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Filming to begin in 2013?

Post by gatorzilla »

This was posted in "The Godzilla Collectors Group" on facebook that apparently Godzilla will begin principle photography in Spring of 2013 and said by Gareth Edwards himself-
From what Edwards replied to on his Monsters/ re-entry FB page he said they are rewriting the script and a 2nd quarter start date of principal photography in 2013.
When he said rewriting he was talking about Borenstein working on what Goyer did.

Now someone else posted too that they had "sources in the industry" that said Legendary will not move forward on Godzilla until the see how Pacific Rim does which that would be a very bad idea for them to do because Pacific Rim could tank yet Godzilla could do very well because they are different and Godzilla is in a league of its own. Surely after the reception Godzilla got at Comic Con Legendary wouldnt screw this up by delaying it further?

If it is going to start filming in spring 2013 then we should definitely get an official teaser trailer next summer and a 2014 release date
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Gojira21
Futurian

Re: Filming to begin in 2013?

Post by Gojira21 »

Legendary would be very, very stupid to wait and see what Pacific Rim does before they advance on this. The reaction alone at Comic-Con should be enought for them to know that this is very desired. If that is the case, that right there shows how much faith they must have in this project.
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

He said he was told by someone who knows someone in the industry that Legendary was delaying it so make of that what you will
But in any case it would be a seriously bad move to do that. Not only would it ruin the 2014/60th anniversary but it would lose its hype and then what happens if Pacific Rim flops? I really hope its not true

But what i do hope is true is the filming date of 2013. If thats true then casting will probably start in a few months. I am assuming this film is in pre-production now

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

TheSecondComing wrote:If they're starting in 2nd quarter, that means shooting won't start until April. Plenty of time for that rewrite, casting, scouting locations, etcetra, etcetra.
Exactly. That also means we will get the first official teaser trailer next summer with Man of Steel probably. I also imagine that would mean a 2014 Summer release date

(Avengers and TDKR also started filming in that time and were realsed in the summer one year later. Same with Iron Man 3)

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Thats why i asked you guys about that rumor about Legendary putting it on hold just so we could make sure it wasnt true.

I did make sure to ask the guy for the link to what Gareth Edwards said.
Filming in 2nd qt of 2013 does sound pretty likely tho

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Just need official confirmation on this stuff. It's annoying when you just read people saying they heard/read this stuff. Sounds about right. Filming in early/middle of 2013 for a 2014 release.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Im reading the comments. That guy who said its getting delayed is trying to say that since Godzilla has had a shaddy track record in America that the studio doesnt care if he is a cultural icon that they feel much safer sticking with Del Toro because hes an established filmmaker. God im going to be getting sick of Pacific Rim now.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

As for filming it would make sense to begin filming in April as for the delay I don't buy it Legendary for a long time has insisted that Pacific Rim and Godzilla would be seperate why would that change now especially like it was stated earlier the hype surrounding the movie at Comic Con
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

gatorzilla wrote:Im reading the comments. That guy who said its getting delayed is trying to say that since Godzilla has had a shaddy track record in America that the studio doesnt care if he is a cultural icon that they feel much safer sticking with Del Toro because hes an established filmmaker. God im going to be getting sick of Pacific Rim now.
So what...they not having confindence in Edwards anymore? Wow LG -_- if this is true
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I honestly doubt ''Pacific Rim'' has anything to do with when Godzilla is going to start filming. It's absurd to think a major studio like Legendary Pictures would pay out which we assume would be millions to get the right's from Toho to use the character an then base it's production on the returns of another film that has absolutely nothing to do with Godzilla.

GINO would have been a major success if a good film was actually produced, an Sony/Tri-Star didn't expect it to top ''The Lost World'' so i doubt Legendary would base there Godzilla film on that. Not to mention they managed to bring the Batman franchise back from the dead.. Anyone remember ''Batman and Robin''? That was a financial an critical flop an still considered one of the worst sequels ever made.

Point being there just not rushing it.. They know people will pay to see a good movie, but they also know that just because it has Godzilla's name doesn't automatically sell success.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

gatorzilla wrote:Im reading the comments. That guy who said its getting delayed is trying to say that since Godzilla has had a shaddy track record in America that the studio doesnt care if he is a cultural icon that they feel much safer sticking with Del Toro because hes an established filmmaker. God im going to be getting sick of Pacific Rim now.
No offense to you, but I think the person who said this is full of shit.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with reporting a "I know someone who knows someone"-type rumor. At worst, it's not true - but it doesn't hurt anyone. Besides, usually the one reporting it is the one being lied to, not the liar themselves.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

JVM wrote:I don't think there's anything wrong with reporting a "I know someone who knows someone"-type rumor. At worst, it's not true - but it doesn't hurt anyone. Besides, usually the one reporting it is the one being lied to, not the liar themselves.
That's a good point. I need to stop assuming so much.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Tyler wrote:I'm playing the female love interest.
You saucey flirt. ;)
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Reaper Man
Monsterland Worker

Post by Reaper Man »

Just make the damn movie!
Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Well if it is filming in 2013, that certainly would be good news. I just hope it doesn't get rushed, not that I think it will though. LP and Mr. Edwards seem to know what they are doing and I have full confidence in them. If they will release it on Godzilla's 60th anniversary I will be beyond ecstatic.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

If it is indeed filming in the 2nd qt of 2013 then I would be willing to bet most of our news will be coming out once 2013 hits. We may get small bits of news and maybe even some casting news to this year but i bet majority will come once 2013 is here

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

By next Comic Con im guessing Godzilla will be in the same position as Pacific Rim.
Advertising wise.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.