Importance of this movie to you?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Re: Importance of this movie to you?

Post by gatorzilla »

Sav wrote:Very important i'd say.

Might be the most important movie in my life. More than Simpsons, Lord of the Rings, Jurassic Park.

I hope they take what makes this character so badass and use it so everyone who sees it can finally feel the way i feel about godzilla. the king of the monsters deserves to be taken seriously.
^This

To some people even on the Forums here Godzilla seems to be just a another giant monster movie. But to us straight up die hard Godzilla fans he is more than that to us. Godzilla was always ment to be more than just another giant monster movie which is why he has survived for over 50 years with 29 films total plus other stuff.

The Dark Knight trilogy was extremely important to Batman fans because it helped rejuvenate a franchise that was practically dead due to Batman & Robin.

Same thing with Man of Steel. Many could argue Superman has not had a truly good film yet.

Jurassic Park 4 is extremely meaningful to JP fans because JP3 practically killed the franchise too. Dont believe me? Go look at the Jurassic Park message boards and "wewantIV.org"

Avengers was important to Marvel fans because most people thought it could never be done.

To some on here this will just be another giant monster movie but to Us the die hard Godzilla fans this is an opportunity to bring Godzilla back to America the way he used to be and see our hero done correctly on the big screen and bring us more movies and merchandise and fans and keep the series growing and expanding for years to come

I just want Godzilla back. All these other monster movies will come and go but Godzilla is the one that will last forever. Hes more than a giant monster. Hes a symbol, character, icon and hero. Thats why this movie is so important to us fans.

*Also glad to see im not the only one already saving up for the merchandise!
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

FYI, my first big-screen Godzilla experience was at the Winchester Drive-In, San Jose CA in '75( or '76 ). I was 8 or 9. It was "Terror of Godzilla"( US title of "Terror of MechaGodzilla" ) on a double bill with "Message from Space".

Last time was GINO in '98.

Based on what I've heard & the clips I've seen, I'm VERY looking forward to the new Goji. It's a cinch that it'll be WAY better than GINO, as Gareth Edwards apparently has love & respect for the subject matter.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

It's something I've waited to see since I was four or five years old. A version of Godzilla done by an American studio; meaning prettyful effects and possibly a story and characters who hit closer to home than those in the Toho films.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

^ I dare call you a liar!!!

scarecrow
Monarch Researcher

Post by scarecrow »

This movie would be the 2nd time I see my hero in the big screen.I've seen Godzilla 2000 on theaters and I swear that was the best day ever.I remember me and my mom went to Hollywood Video and Rent Godzilla Destroy all monsters the movie.I think that was my 2nd or 3rd time watching the movie.Anyway it was then I was in the living room, X Files was on (X files is also my fav) I believe.

Meanwhile I was looking at the VHS cover of Godzilla destroy all monsters thinking how cool it looked.I then sighed and wished in my head that a new Godzilla movie can come to theaters.

All the friken sudden my wish came true, X files was over then a Trailer for Godzilla 2000 came out.My wish came true.I was super happy as hell and told my mom that wanna go.

When we went to the theaters I had my own large popcorn and soda and damn it felt good having those refreshments while watching your big childhood hero on the big screen.My God It was the best!!

I would love to relive that moment only this time bring my boo.

With the new Godzilla coming out soon, it better be good enough to relive my best Godzilla moment ever.I would want this to be the best or better.Well tenup I hope that answers your question.
https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsrc= ... fid=8&_rdr

^If you like my fanfics, feel free to follow me on Facebook

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

scarecrow wrote:This movie would be the 2nd time I see my hero in the big screen.I've seen Godzilla 2000 on theaters and I swear that was the best day ever.I remember me and my mom went to Hollywood Video and Rent Godzilla Destroy all monsters the movie.I think that was my 2nd or 3rd time watching the movie.Anyway it was then I was in the living room, X Files was on (X files is also my fav) I believe.

Meanwhile I was looking at the VHS cover of Godzilla destroy all monsters thinking how cool it looked.I then sighed and wished in my head that a new Godzilla movie can come to theaters.

All the friken sudden my wish came true, X files was over then a Trailer for Godzilla 2000 came out.My wish came true.I was super happy as hell and told my mom that wanna go.

When we went to the theaters I had my own large popcorn and soda and damn it felt good having those refreshments while watching your big childhood hero on the big screen.My God It was the best!!

With the new Godzilla coming out soon, it better be good enough to relive my best Godzilla moment ever.I would want this to be the best or better.Well tenup I hope that answers your question.
Well Scarecrow, I remember Godzilla 2000 being in theaters myself. You tell a good story behind the whole Godzilla 2000 theatrical release. I remember finding out early that Godzilla 2000 existed when it was released in Japan and even owned a bootleg copy prior to its American theatrical release. Godzilla 2000 was decent for its time because Toho showed us how it should be done. The only problem I have now was that GMK was a far more superior film, but never had the US theatrical treatment that it deserved. If Toho had waited and not rushed into things, GMK could have beat LP to it as far as being the proper Godzilla film to get an American theatrical release.

Dust_pan
Futurian

Post by Dust_pan »

I dunno. We haven't received much info on it, so I can't say I'm all pumped for this film or anything. But I guess I'll be content once it's out.
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

My first Godzilla movie I saw in the theater was in 1968. I am really looking forward to this movie. I hope it reawakens the franchise. What I am hoping for is a modern remake of the 1954 in spirit and in tone.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Watching Godzilla 2000 in theaters was a very very special moment for me. Watching the movie character I grew up with and still love to this day was just awesome. I've since seen Godzilla vs The Sea Monster at the Pickwick Theater, which was fun but wasn't quite the experience that G2000 was. Something about being able to see a film when it has a real theater run is just special, and this experience with G2000 was great.

That's what I want with LP's Godzilla. A rare moment in time where I go to the theater, during an actual Godzilla theater run, and experience a real Godzilla film. I'm already planning on watching the film in all the ways possible(IMAX, Digital, MAYBE 3D).

Getting an actual franchise trilogy with LPs Godzilla would be wonderful.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

Im very excited to see this movie. I know next year San Diego Comic Con will have an even better preveiw & maybe a panel. Legendary should be full swing in promoting Godzilla. Thats why I booked my hotel for next year yesterday :g2k:

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

ChunkyGodzilla wrote:Im very excited to see this movie. I know next year San Diego Comic Con will have an even better preveiw & maybe a panel. Legendary should be full swing in promoting Godzilla. Thats why I booked my hotel for next year yesterday :g2k:
Well filming is apparently supposed to begin around April/May of next year!

i just hope those stupid rumors about Legendary delaying anything on Godzilla until after Pacific Rim are not true.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Hopefilly it wont be a movie based game. I'd love another take at the tournament-style Godzilla fighter like the Atari games.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

scarecrow
Monarch Researcher

Post by scarecrow »

tenup wrote:
scarecrow wrote:This movie would be the 2nd time I see my hero in the big screen.I've seen Godzilla 2000 on theaters and I swear that was the best day ever.I remember me and my mom went to Hollywood Video and Rent Godzilla Destroy all monsters the movie.I think that was my 2nd or 3rd time watching the movie.Anyway it was then I was in the living room, X Files was on (X files is also my fav) I believe.

Well Scarecrow, I remember Godzilla 2000 being in theaters myself. You tell a good story behind the whole Godzilla 2000 theatrical release. I remember finding out early that Godzilla 2000 existed when it was released in Japan and even owned a bootleg copy prior to its American theatrical release. Godzilla 2000 was decent for its time because Toho showed us how it should be done. The only problem I have now was that GMK was a far more superior film, but never had the US theatrical treatment that it deserved. If Toho had waited and not rushed into things, GMK could have beat LP to it as far as being the proper Godzilla film to get an American theatrical release.
<------------As you can see my avatar is the cover I was looking at b4 I saw the trailer.The 1999 edition of Destroy all Monsters.ohh man how can I forget about the bootlegs btw.Toho gave its all in the movie despite the criticism.I guess cuz the 1998 zilla movie made it far too mainstream at the time, so in the End Toho made Godzilla 2000 as sort of a redemption "This is how we done it"(Not a Montell Jordon reference) kind of a movie.Yes, it was a fantastic moment for me but I hope LP relives such a treasure able moment.Maybe history will repeat itself and Toho will finally make a new Godzilla film after the LP movie.Just like what happened in 1998-2000 era.

But seriusly when LP Godzilla movie happens I'm bringing a bunch of ppl and get some popcorn and soda and sitback at watch my hero.

Plus I heard there's gonna be some Kaijus old or new in the new movie :g2k:

You know what that means?...More better ideas for the Fantasy Matches Threads!!! :mrgreen:
https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsrc= ... fid=8&_rdr

^If you like my fanfics, feel free to follow me on Facebook

drmikerb
Young Farmer

Post by drmikerb »

Godzilla has been an on going collection of movies, that has been a fixture my whole life. You could always count on Godzilla to lash out in times when we loose focus on what is really important. When the world faces uncertainty or just is complacent in our dealings with one another, Godzilla would rise and wreck havoc. This would give us a vent to our frustrations and a glimpse of a guide to what is really important. The world faces uncertainty and hardship. Disasters are all around us, and financially we are quite unstable. We fight with those around us about what is right but fail to see what is really the problem. The world needs a bit of a kick in the backside, a wake up call. We need a Godzilla release soon. We drift farther from family, neighbors, friends, and coworkers. We shut ourselves alone in our own little worlds dealing with our own situations and fail to be part of the communities around us. Parks are closing to build communication towers and shopping malls. We are becoming consumer based, and locking ourselves away. Our children have less places to play, and spend more time on video games then outdoor adventures. Like it or not every time a Godzilla movie comes out for a bit the world comes together, maybe just a bit. It might be a little but it has always been that way.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

This is a crossroads for the series in my opinion. If LP messes this up, the series will be in hibernation for years I fear. I don't see Toho really making any moves to continue their Godzilla series and seem content with letting Final Wars be the final Toho Godzilla movie for the foreseeable future. If this movie is a success though (and, to an extent, Pacific Rim), there could be a surge of popularity that can turn this one upcoming film into a potential trilogy. It may never be like "The Dark Knight" in terms of popularity, but the genre still seems to be making money. King Kong seemed to do pretty well and even Cloverfield made good money.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

^ It seems that ever since Cloverfield came out, there definitely has been talk of giant movie monsters again.

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

True, did you notice Cloverfield, and the Super 8 Alien look the same?
DeadpoolsbetterThanU wrote:
Orgasmatron wrote:we finally tried anal and she said she would have it again
Now you live up to that user name of yours!

Shadow wrote:
Chris55 wrote:5'1
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Mincecraft wrote:^ It seems that ever since Cloverfield came out, there definitely has been talk of giant movie monsters again.
Hate the movie or love it, it's great to see the genre still kicking. And maybe a Godzilla vs. Cloverfield movie could manifest itself one day...?

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

Jj Abrams said that Cloverfield will not be with Godzilla. It would be cool though. New York just suffering from a monster attack and several years later another monster arrives, does this idea sound interesting?
DeadpoolsbetterThanU wrote:
Orgasmatron wrote:we finally tried anal and she said she would have it again
Now you live up to that user name of yours!

Shadow wrote:
Chris55 wrote:5'1
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

TheChingzilla wrote:Jj Abrams said that Cloverfield will not be with Godzilla. It would be cool though. New York just suffering from a monster attack and several years later another monster arrives, does this idea sound interesting?
It can be. And J.J. Abrams can say whatever he wants to. When he made that statement he didn't know a new American Godzilla film was coming out. And money also change a man's mind. I don't think it will happen, but it is entirely possible one day imo.