What other Godzilla Kaiju could carry a movie?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Re: What other Godzilla Kaiju could carry a movie?

Post by Gojora »

A remake of Frankenstein conquers the world will be nice :)
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

Gigan could have a really interesting origin movie.
backinaction wrote:probably rodan and mothra.
You never learn, do you...

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

I really don't think another Godzilla monster can have its own movie. I think the Kiryu twosome are really Mechagodzilla's movies with Godzilla's name in the forefront.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I think titanosaurus would work wonderfully.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Hedorah in a darker reboot movie, where it has a godzilla subplot (godzilla going to kill hedorah)

Just imagine the skeleton scenes in awesome-o-graphics...

.. :shock:

EDIT: I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANOTHER HALLUCINATION SCENE THOUGH

brr...fish heads... :freak: X_X

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Simple. We have a Mothra movie, then a Rodan movie, then a King Ghidorah movie where he fights Godzilla, Rodan and Mothra.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

I think that either Anguirus or King Ghidorah would work. Imagine King Ghidorah in today's CGI. :dizzy:

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

In particular, yes, I will say the obvious: Mothra. Rodan is "just" a giant prehistoric dinosaur, and the same is true of Anguirus, Titanosaurus, Gorosaurus, etc. There's not all that much depth that would really carry them in a contemporary (and expensive) blockbuster type film. And many of them would need to be expensive in order to be done well, which means large box office returns. Mothra has a lot of potential.

King Caesar is another, because although the character was given precious little in terms of back story or explanation in the 1974 movie (much less the 2004 movie), being an ancient golem-ish (whatever it is) sets possibilities a-buzzin' IMO. And I also think it would be great for a potential period kaiju film set in ancient Japan, which would be awesome. The Daimajin movies are among the very few that have such a setting.

Kiryu would be great, although I actually think an anime series based around Kiryu would be cool too.

I'm curious about Biollante in a spin-off movie; it's about as unlikely as it gets, but it's fun to think about.

King Ghidorah maybe, which would make it different from movies centered on Mothra or King Caesar, which would generally portray the monster as a protagonist. This could even take place on another planet and such.
Thegarbagemonster wrote:Hedorah in a darker reboot movie, where it has a godzilla subplot (godzilla going to kill hedorah)

Just imagine the skeleton scenes in awesome-o-graphics...

.. :shock:

EDIT: I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANOTHER HALLUCINATION SCENE THOUGH

brr...fish heads... :freak: X_X
That's an interesting way of taking Hedorah solo. I'd like to see a script based on that idea.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren