New York Comic Con 2012

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Re: New York Comic Con 2012

Post by Eunectes »

Just GDT signing stuff.

tokyostateofmind
Monarch Researcher

Post by tokyostateofmind »

Eunectes wrote:Just GDT signing stuff.
and a new propaganda poster

Saw it on Tumblr. Legendary Booth is the first thing I am heading towards tomorrow so I will keep informed if someone hasn't done so already. Hopefully they will be giving out these posters.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

That poster kicks ass! Keep us posted on the Godzilla news, guys.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

tokyostateofmind wrote:
Eunectes wrote:Just GDT signing stuff.
and a new propaganda poster

Saw it on Tumblr. Legendary Booth is the first thing I am heading towards tomorrow so I will keep informed if someone hasn't done so already. Hopefully they will be giving out these posters.
Hopefully ya have a good time, I don't think we're keeping our hopes up since we already have tons of info announced already, but if there are pieces of freshly announced news then be sure to post as quickly as possible to inform us :)

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Post by Tormentor »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I take it that we not getting anything. Oh well, I can wait until July 2013 now.
More or less, this^

So far there are no signs of Legendary Picture's Godzilla anywhere among the recent news upon the internet. The only sign of Godzilla there is the Monster-Arts, but that's pretty much it.

But never the less! Its nothing to be disappointed about, most of the news we wanted were already announced before this event even started.

-Release date
-Script almost 100% done, in the final stages of being finished and complete.
-Movie Production Date
-Casting Beginning Soon, in less than 4 weeks currently.

^That coupled with the news from Comic Con over the summer, we're all settled at this point.

We're still playing the waiting game folks, so let's see if we can handle it. Drew is polishing the script, and Casting starts when he's done.

November folks, the first week of November is when the ball rolls. We can hold out!

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Living Corpse wrote:I find it ridiculous how just because we didn't get anything on the first two days people are assuming there will be nothing on the last two days. :roll:

We could still get the SDCC teaser.
Could being the "key" word, but it doesn't seem likely since they are extremely focused on Pacific Rim and Superman.

Its not really ridiculous, if there was news then LP would have already let things roll out whenever they were ready. 2 days are already wiped out, could there be news before it all ends? Of course, then again they might be nothing there at all to be revealed at the con.

We aren't being pessimistic or anything if such a feeling comes across, we are just accepting the possibility that LP most likely doesn't have anything to present for Godzilla at the moment. There's no fault in that, so in a way, its a bit ridiculous to be annoyed at others who believe that there might not be anything to be revealed. ;)

tokyostateofmind
Monarch Researcher

Posted the same thing in the Pacific Rim thread but...

Got to meet Del Toro, got the poster posted above signed. They showed the Pacific Rim trailer again to a standing ovation. It was beautiful. No Godzilla though. But. Del Toro said that the trailer will be released in December. See the Pacific Rim thread for a slightly longer account.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

tokyostateofmind wrote: No Godzilla though. But. Del Toro said that the trailer will be released in December. .
Pacific Rim or Godzilla?
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

tokyostateofmind
Monarch Researcher

G2000 wrote:
tokyostateofmind wrote: No Godzilla though. But. Del Toro said that the trailer will be released in December. .
Pacific Rim or Godzilla?
Pacific Rim.

I am also guessing the next wave of info probably will be casting info, the types of people they are looking for and such. Perhaps a scene will leak or two.

zilla-x
Samurai

Post by zilla-x »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:I think you guys are expecting too much too soon.

All some of you people do is B*tch and moan about those who are excited for this movie...SO WHAT?????

Thats what being a FAN is all about! If it bothers you so much or dont like it......why come here then???

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Agreed. Nothing wrong with wanting more news. We all get impatient sometimes. But people are expecting things from the movie when it hasn't even started casting, let alone filming.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

zilla-x wrote:

All some of you people do is B*tch and moan about those who are excited for this movie...SO WHAT?????

Thats what being a FAN is all about! If it bothers you so much or dont like it......why come here then???

Awwwww.....he's adorable. Let's keep him.
"My opinion matters and you need to hear, it regardless of how rude and obnoxious my posts are, because I'm smarter than all of you."
It isn't conderacting if i'm pissed.
Let's dance.

http://20sideshero.tumblr.com/

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

What more are you guys wanting right now? We've gotten PLENTY of pre-production news this year. Casting will be starting pretty soon, so more news about that is what we can expect next.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

We will be getting news between November an December since casting will be under way.. Rumors of who's being asked an who officially accepts will be coming.. An then by January/February (If shooting does start in March) we will have a plot more then likely available an possibly a bit after detailed news on who Godzilla is facing if its a new monster or a Toho creation.

An finally by Comic Con 2013 we will more then likely have an Official Teaser trailer. So news is gonna start rolling in a fast pace once the polishing of the script finishes.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Thank you.

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to be misguided.

EDIT: Just came back from NYCC....only Godzilla related things I saw were toys. I did see some of the suits/costumes for Pacific Rim.

Thank you, come again.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Tyler wrote:
Svitska Donkun wrote:
zilla-x wrote:All some of you people do is B*tch and moan about those who are excited for this movie...SO WHAT?????

I think he has a point.
Curious. Can I ask why? Because I don't think he makes a very good point at all. There are very few people here who "bitch and moan" about other members who are looking forward to LPG. All G2K said was that some people expect too much, and he's right. But it's not like he was ranting about them being excited. So zilla-x jumping on his back seems a little uncalled for to me.

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

Tyler wrote:
Svitska Donkun wrote:
zilla-x wrote:All some of you people do is B*tch and moan about those who are excited for this movie...SO WHAT?????

I think he has a point.
It's a combination of naivety, misunderstanding of what's going on, and his total lack of knowledge regarding any of us given his low post count.
"My opinion matters and you need to hear, it regardless of how rude and obnoxious my posts are, because I'm smarter than all of you."
It isn't conderacting if i'm pissed.
Let's dance.

http://20sideshero.tumblr.com/

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Tyler wrote:
Svitska Donkun wrote:

I think he has a point.
Of course he does. Just not a particuarly good one.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

natevirus
G-Force Personnel
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...

Post by natevirus »

G2000 wrote:
Tyler wrote:

I think he has a point.
Of course he does. Just not a particuarly good one.
:lol:
As I was trying to explain to some nutcase on Facebook, there is a difference between hype and flat out selfish behavior...but I might be throwing in the wrong context here. XD
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

natevirus wrote: As I was trying to explain to some nutcase on Facebook, there is a difference between hype and flat out selfish behavior...but I might be throwing in the wrong context here. XD
What nutcase?
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!