Comic-Con 2012 Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Cookson
Futurian

Comic-Con 2012 Discussion

Post by Cookson »

Basically, well for me anyway, if there's absolutely NO NEWS of the movie at Comic-Con(which happens to be on the same weekend of G-Fest), I'm pretty sure this movie is up in limbo.

Discuss thoughts/possible news here!
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Re: Comic-Con 2012 Discussion

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

I actually hope we get some production shots of Pacific Rim. They built 7 blocks of Hong Kong just to destroy it. I HAVE to see that.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

At best, we'll mostly get Pacific Rim info etc (Which is obvious since that films is already sailing perfectly unlike Godzilla currently).
We might get a small scrap of info based on Godzilla, maybe a another piece of art? Or perhaps an update that they got a script approved, hell, anything related to LP Godzilla would be great.

But I don't think we should get our hopes up too high, having none at all but while still being a bit optimistic might help somewhat.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Im guessing we would hear more about Pacific Rim than GODZILLA but we may hear a little update or more info about it.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

We won't get anything substantial, and I think that should be the general mindset for the time being.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

A release date, script approval, casting, and when they plan to start filming is all i ask

maybe concept art
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

I posted in another topic...

According to LP's wikipedia page and the list of all their movies Godzilla has a 2014 release date instead of a TBA and is their only movie for 2014. If Im not mistaken it was TBA not very long ago

while it may not mean anything at all it did get me curious

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I have read on several websites Godzilla is set for a Summer 2014 release.....So at most we will get a release date, an maybe production to start early 2013.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Now I could be wrong BUT I think I recall several sites and people saying this movie was coming out in 2014 even when it was announced back in 2010 and 2012 was reported. Imdb even had it at 2014. Like I said i could be wrong

But one has to wonder if that is indeed true. What will LP have for next year's 2013 comic con since Man of Steel and Pacific Rim will both have been released. Next year would be perfect to have a big set up to promote their new Godzilla film and all that stuff.

I feel like if we get anything it would be an official release date, maybe concept art or a poster and that filming and casting would begin soon. They start filming in the fall or winter they could easily have it ready and done for summer 2014

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Would rather any news be announced at a G-fest for obvious reasons but I do realise that Comic-con gets more publicity.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

2014 is Godzilla's 60th Anniversary - it just makes sense, for the new movie.

No mutated T-Rexes, please. :g2k:

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Actually, every year that ends in a 4 after 1954 has seen a release of a Godzilla movie.

Don't screw it up, Legendary.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

GreenAiden555 wrote:Actually, every year that ends in a 4 after 1954 has seen a release of a Godzilla movie.

Don't screw it up, Legendary.
Exactly its almost like a tradition. If all we get at Comic Con is a release date then im fine with that.

I really want this for the 60th anniversary

All signs seem to point to 2014 being the release date

Lets just hope

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Someone will ask how it's going and we'll get the same exact answer we've gotten every time someone so much as mentions the project.

We'll probably get a release date or a list of actors next summer.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Someone will ask how it's going and we'll get the same exact answer we've gotten every time someone so much as mentions the project.

We'll probably get a release date or a list of actors next summer.
The problem is nobody asks the right questions
Release date? Why so quite news wise? etc.

Is anyone here going to comic con or have friends that are going? Someone really should try asking these questions!

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

All the merchandise...toys, clothes, posters, books, trading cards, bed sheets, accessories you name it and then already add the IDW comic series to it
plus all the publicity for the 60th anniversary...

it will be '98 all over again but with an American Godzilla movie how its supposed to be

For the love of god anyone who is going to Comic Con or knows someone going please please ask Legendary if this is what they are shooting for? It would be a massive treat to us G-fans

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Legion1979 wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:All the merchandise...toys, clothes, posters, books, trading cards, bed sheets, accessories you name it and then already add the IDW comic series to it
Personally, I think the merchandise is going to be low-key. I don't think we're going to get nearly as much as we did when GINO came out, for several reasons.
I dont see why it would be low-key. Maybe not as much but still a good amount. Godzilla is a huge cultural icon who is still popular just not having any movies in awhile hurts but once the new one comes out (which there is still buzz about) people will buy that stuff

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I'll be satisfied if whatever merchandise we get is good quality and sells well.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

I just realized G-fest will be going on about the same time as Comic Con. If we get Godzilla news at Comic Con imagine how excited everyone would be at G-fest? That would be perfect timing!

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

I would actually prefer if Legendary doesn't talk about Godzilla at SDCC because I think the film should be in a better position like having an approved script and the cast set before promoting it in Comic Con. Although I do believe Legendary should give an update on the current status this year like an annoucement that the script has been approved and they are shooting a 2014 release date and production will begin soon which might be to much to ask and more than we'll probably get. I also agree that next year should be a better time for LP to promote Godzilla because by then The Man of Steel and Pacific Rim are close to coming out which gives them the opportunity to focus on Godzilla unless for some reason that things mircaliously move forward on Mass Effect and Warcraft. I look forward to Pacific Rim and whatever Legendary might do with it at SDCC because I believe that they'll do the same for Godzilla next year heck by that time Godzilla should already be in production
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012