The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
GodzillavsZilla

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Alright, let's get back on topic, just talk about the merchandising of the Monsterverse and not... whatever happened in the last pages.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.

Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:51 pm

GodzillavsZilla wrote:Alright, let's get back on topic, just talk about the merchandising of the Monsterverse and not... whatever happened in the last pages.

Thank you. I love you.

I hope we get some more cool t-shirts for this film. Like I really liked the style of these ones for G14. More like these would be great, in my opinion. (Sorry, I know the quality isn't good in these pictures, but they were the best I could find.)

Spoiler:
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

Gojira2K
Futurian

Postby Gojira2K » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:Alright, let's get back on topic, just talk about the merchandising of the Monsterverse and not... whatever happened in the last pages.

Thank you. I love you.

I hope we get some more cool t-shirts for this film. Like I really liked the style of these ones for G14. More like these would be great, in my opinion. (Sorry, I know the quality isn't good in these pictures, but they were the best I could find.)

Spoiler:

Yeah, I hoping we get some nice Ghidorah and Rodan shirts.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?

Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there

TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:

Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Time will tell, before it went up for order, the Hot Topic shirt was the only one I'd see posted anywhere as something coming.

AtomicMorningBreath
Yin-Yang Master

Postby AtomicMorningBreath » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:02 pm

I'm hearing the new WB blurays (G14, KSI, The Meg, Rampage) are starting to pop up in random Walmarts. Anyone who picks one up, please let us know how the transfer looks compared to the 2014 bluray.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:29 am

I wanted to wear that Ghidorah, excuse me my lord, King Ghidorah costume when I see this movie, you know why the skreeonk not? Do something to make others night, but I don't think it's coming out till closer to Halloween. Bummer.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Postby RandomDeinonychus » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:31 pm

I refuse to look at the last few pages after seeing Brie Larson come up at the top of the last one--even mentioning her summons the gross trolls from their slime holes.

However, has anyone posted this shirt from Hot Topic yet? It's not much, but I'm probably going to get it, anyway, since it actually comes in my size.

EDIT: Never mind, I see that it was posted at some point.
Last edited by RandomDeinonychus on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GoWhaleTours
Interpol Agent

Postby GoWhaleTours » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:32 pm

RandomDeinonychus wrote:I refuse to look at the last few pages after seeing Brie Larson come up at the top of the last one--even mentioning her summons the gross trolls from their slime holes.

However, has anyone posted this shirt from Hot Topic yet? It's not much, but I'm probably going to get it, anyway, since it actually comes in my size.

EDIT: Never mind, I see that it was.

It was posted before then too. It's been on eBay for months now.
anyway, yeah, macaroni.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Postby RandomDeinonychus » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:34 pm

GoWhaleTours wrote:It was posted before then too. It's been on eBay for months now.

Oddly, seeing it in an ad on my Facebook feed was the first I'd heard of it. Dunno how I missed it.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:36 pm

RandomDeinonychus wrote:I refuse to look at the last few pages after seeing Brie Larson come up at the top of the last one--even mentioning her summons the gross trolls from their slime holes.

Huh?

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Living Corpse wrote:

Huh?

Must be one of Captain Feminism's supporters.

OT: I really need to get to Hot Topic, they actually have a decent amount of good Godzilla shirts, unlike in 2014.
"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Postby RandomDeinonychus » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Godzilla 1986 wrote:Must be one of Captain Feminism's supporters.

OT: I really need to get to Hot Topic, they actually have a decent amount of good Godzilla shirts, unlike in 2014.

I mean, I've only seen a few on their website, not in stores and that was about how it went in 2014. The two I got from them at the time I had to order at the store to be picked up later.

Of course, it's been at least a month since I was even in a Hot Topic. Kinda stopped going there as much after I turned 30.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:08 pm

The only Godzilla shirt I've seen in Hot Topic in the past five years has been a Soundgarden shirt with G54 on it. Not sure where "decent amount" comes from, there's only five on the website and they're all online exclusive. You'd have better luck just browsing Amazon.

AtomicMorningBreath
Yin-Yang Master

Postby AtomicMorningBreath » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:33 pm

I've seen a few Godzilla shirts in FYE over the past month.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Postby RandomDeinonychus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:36 am

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:I've seen a few Godzilla shirts in FYE over the past month.

Were any of them for the new movie or mostly classic shirts?

AtomicMorningBreath
Yin-Yang Master

Postby AtomicMorningBreath » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:45 am

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
AtomicMorningBreath wrote:I've seen a few Godzilla shirts in FYE over the past month.

Were any of them for the new movie or mostly classic shirts?

None specifically for KOTM yet. One shirt I remember had the poster for G84 on it, and I think there was a sweatshirt with a Heisei design on it as well. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more new Godzilla related merch in stores like FYE & Hot Topic next month.

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:50 am

Yeah, saw a couple of Heise-themed shirts down at one of our local malls too. Kinda neat to see that merchandise for the franchise in general is a lot more common now.
And yeah, next month for KOTM merch makes sense.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 am

I've actually noticed LESS promotional merch for this film than for G14. That film had dogtags, multiple button sets, collector cups, two water bottles, shirts up the ass, pens, pencils, party supplies, hats...every little thing. KOTM barely has anything.

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:04 am

Godzilla 1986 wrote:I've actually noticed LESS promotional merch for this film than for G14. That film had dogtags, multiple button sets, collector cups, two water bottles, shirts up the ass, pens, pencils, party supplies, hats...every little thing. KOTM barely has anything.

How much of that actually made mass release though? I feel like we saw samples of a lot, but it seemed like the U.S. in particular got far less products to pick from than places like the UK. Hell, I believe it was the UK, they even got a statue/Blu Ray set that the U.S. never got and it was a U.S. studio producing the film.

I'd rather see less and be able to buy all of it than see a lot and not even get to own it.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:10 am

GFAN198423 wrote:
Godzilla 1986 wrote:I've actually noticed LESS promotional merch for this film than for G14. That film had dogtags, multiple button sets, collector cups, two water bottles, shirts up the ass, pens, pencils, party supplies, hats...every little thing. KOTM barely has anything.

How much of that actually made mass release though? I feel like we saw samples of a lot, but it seemed like the U.S. in particular got far less products to pick from than places like the UK. Hell, I believe it was the UK, they even got a statue/Blu Ray set that the U.S. never got and it was a U.S. studio producing the film.

I'd rather see less and be able to buy all of it than see a lot and not even get to own it.

Well we did see a lot of that stuff, but usually it had to be ordered online from some distributor, you couldn't find them in stores. And a number of them were promotional only that ended up on ebay. I actually owned nearly everything that was released for G14, but lost most of it in a move. Sad day.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”