The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
UltimateDitto
Futurian

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby UltimateDitto » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:05 am

goji89 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:deleted

What could it be....this deleted post that I can see.

Is dat a zaboomafu reference?

Still hoping for Monsteverse dino nuggets!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:07 am

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Surely you wouldn't have projected an inferiority complex onto me if it weren't for a desire to offend someone. Funny how you leave that out... but considering your post history, I won't blame you for forgetting something. I'm sure it's out of your control, it seems to be a chronic issue...

And why assume coloring books are strictly for children? We're all fans of giant monster movies, I think we all know firsthand how annoying it is for people to make presumptions about an activity they dismiss.

Funny, and here I thought you were a humor less individual. As would your post history about you being or trying to act like some pseudo intellectual when in fact your just an ass. You know you implied childrens book to this forum as your jab, as you ALWAYS try to look down on it. Dont cry about it.....not my problem you woke up with your inferiority complex.....hey, grab a coloring book and use some stickers to calm yourself.

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:11 am

goji89 wrote:not my problem you woke up with your inferiority complex.....hey, grab a coloring book and use some stickers to calm yourself.

Hey hey hey, be nice to your classmate or I'll confiscate your Gameboy and there will be no milk at naptime!
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

Moogabunga wrote:Shin Godzilla is trash

私は機械の翻訳でインターネット他人をあざ笑う

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:12 am

Smuggers wrote:
goji89 wrote:not my problem you woke up with your inferiority complex.....hey, grab a coloring book and use some stickers to calm yourself.

Hey hey hey, be nice to your classmate or I'll confiscate your Gameboy and there will be no milk at naptime!

Awww....but he started it.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:12 am

I'll wait for the KOTM licensed goods like my fellow forum dwellers, I'm in no rush.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

on 12-31-2017, Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Nobody in the West can do the Oxygen Destroyer justice, especially not for some new Godzilla popcorn flick.

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:15 am

Saw this promotional image for the Jakks giant size Godzilla, hadn't seen it posted here yet. Or maybe this is for the 2014 one? They're almost the same either way.

BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

Moogabunga wrote:Shin Godzilla is trash

私は機械の翻訳でインターネット他人をあざ笑う

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:16 am

It's from the 2014 figure and being reused to promote the 2019, but that's not even the 2014 final figure, the arms are attached in a different way ultimately, and the colors different.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:30 am

A coloring book would be pretty rad honestly, I mean there are coloring books geared towards adults, just make one for teens and adults too. Who wouldn't want to color pages like these?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Poor Frank Parr. Dude's art has been stolen and used for all kinds of unofficial merchandise for years now. Hope he's done something about it.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Smuggers wrote:Saw this promotional image for the Jakks giant size Godzilla, hadn't seen it posted here yet. Or maybe this is for the 2014 one? They're almost the same either way.

Is the giant size child in scale?? Guys... I don't know how Godzilla's gonna make it out of this one.
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

Apgigan
Samurai

Postby Apgigan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:
Smuggers wrote:Saw this promotional image for the Jakks giant size Godzilla, hadn't seen it posted here yet. Or maybe this is for the 2014 one? They're almost the same either way.

Is the giant size child in scale?? Guys... I don't know how Godzilla's gonna make it out of this one.

Godzilla will be fine, he has the speed advantage after all.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Apgigan wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:

Godzilla will be fine, he has the speed advantage after all.

Idk, I feel like one blast from that kid's Childish Death Ray and Godzilla's done. I just thought Godzilla would be taller than that by now. They should've at least given him armor or something.
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:44 pm

The Art of Godzilla: King of the Monsters is now available for pre-order.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Godzilla-Kin ... 154&sr=8-1

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:48 am

Any rough idea when the Jakks figures will start appearing in Walmarts? They’ve already been out in a chain of stores in the UK, and with it being March I imagine they might be appearing within the next few weeks.
"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 am

April is the release for KOTM Merchandise in the US.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:27 am

Can't wait to see what zany merch GvK cooks up. Always wanted official Godziller and Kongbonger stuff as a kid.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:16 am

Rock Em Sock Em Godzilla vs Kong. You know you want it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Rock Em Sock Em Godzilla vs Kong. You know you want it.

This is probably the best merchandise idea I've seen for this franchise. I would totally buy that.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Godzilla 1986 wrote:Any rough idea when the Jakks figures will start appearing in Walmarts? They’ve already been out in a chain of stores in the UK, and with it being March I imagine they might be appearing within the next few weeks.

Probably around mid-March, if not April.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:43 pm

I don’t know where else to put this, but I would kill for a MonsterVerse universal studios attraction.
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Current)”