The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:01 pm

gridiron_kaiju wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:And still no word from Bandai America... :P

I’m sure we’ll find out something from them soon but is there a reason why you’re happy about that?

Not really "happy", just find it funny. Bandai of America lost it's big flagship line to Hasbro with Power Rangers so I'm curious if they're even gonna stay afloat at all.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Postby Chris55 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Mr. Yellow wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:And still no word from Bandai America... :P

Bandai ain’t exactly in a good way right now.

Still 6 months out from the movie launch. Every company is doing announcements on their own time. I did reconnect with a contact at the company at SDCC so when they're ready to go, they'll let me know.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:58 am

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So...is Jakks intending to release 2 foot scale versions of Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah?

If they do this they can have all my money
"Next time it'll be flawless."

ultrazilla
Yin-Yang Master

Postby ultrazilla » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:59 am

I really hope Sideshow, Prime 1 or Chronicle Collectibles are doing some large scale statues of the big four kaijus, especially King Ghidora. This movie is literally asking for statues.

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am

Looks like JAKKS are stepping up their game for round 2, kind of glad that I passed on their original, this looks much nicer.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:15 am

Those spines are glorious. Very anxious to see what they do with Rodan, Ghidorah, and Mothra.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:04 pm

According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.

I'd assume to accommodate for a Ghidorah about the same size as the original Godzilla release. I mean, could you imagine a Ghidorah in scale to that original release? Thing would be HUGE
Resized Image

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm

Maritonic wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.

I'd assume to accommodate for a Ghidorah about the same size as the original Godzilla release. I mean, could you imagine a Ghidorah in scale to that original release? Thing would be HUGE

Double-edged sword, good for proper scaling but horrible for my wallet because now I'm gonna have to buy all of them! :lol:

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

Double-edged sword, good for proper scaling but horrible for my wallet because now I'm gonna have to buy all of them! :lol:

Same!
Resized Image

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:11 pm

The mere thought of a Jakks Ghidorah is both awesome and absolutely horrifying at the same time. Can't even imagine what shelf will be able to hold such a behemoth :lol:

Actually screw the shelf- i'm gonna get this thing and use it as a giant, three-headed gargoyle for my window :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Moogabunga
Futurian

Postby Moogabunga » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:05 pm

GFAN198423 wrote:Looks like JAKKS are stepping up their game for round 2, kind of glad that I passed on their original, this looks much nicer.

Absolutely beautiful!

Gonna focus on something a little odd, I love the box art. I can't tell you how much I absolutely despised that terrible photoshop job of Godzilla that was on pretty much all of the merchandise for Godzilla (2014)

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Moogabunga wrote:I can't tell you how much I absolutely despised that terrible photoshop job of Godzilla that was on pretty much all of the merchandise for Godzilla (2014)

God me skreeonkin too. That thing was so ugly, idk what they were thinking when they used it.
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Seems like JAKKS may be taking over for Bandai Creations.

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Moogabunga wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:Looks like JAKKS are stepping up their game for round 2, kind of glad that I passed on their original, this looks much nicer.

Absolutely beautiful!

Gonna focus on something a little odd, I love the box art. I can't tell you how much I absolutely despised that terrible photoshop job of Godzilla that was on pretty much all of the merchandise for Godzilla (2014)

Lmao this. Seriously, the art they used for the 2014 merchandise was the living definition of godawful. The quality jump here is absolutely gigantic, you can really tell they are putting effort into marketing this thing.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Looks like we are going to be spoiled by choice this time around, shame Toys R Us closed. Would have been the perfect place to get all this

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Dv-218 wrote:The mere thought of a Jakks Ghidorah is both awesome and absolutely horrifying at the same time. Can't even imagine what shelf will be able to hold such a behemoth :lol:

Actually screw the shelf- i'm gonna get this thing and use it as a giant, three-headed gargoyle for my window :lol:

Just imagine the X-Plus MV Ghidorah :lol: Perfect for a coffee table.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:21 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:The mere thought of a Jakks Ghidorah is both awesome and absolutely horrifying at the same time. Can't even imagine what shelf will be able to hold such a behemoth :lol:

Man this sounds both awesome and threatening lol. I shudder to imagine the price :lol:

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

Man this sounds both awesome and threatening lol. I shudder to imagine the price :lol:

I only need one kidney, right? :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:28 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Just imagine the X-Plus MV Ghidorah :lol: Perfect for a coffee table.

I only need one kidney, right? :lol:

Yeah, but unfortunately, you won't be able to get it if you keep one of your kidneys.
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”