The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Maverick Centigrade
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 7395
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Hargenteen

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:09 pm

So...is Jakks intending to release 2 foot scale versions of Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah?
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Mr. Yellow » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:24 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:And still no word from Bandai America... :P

Bandai ain’t exactly in a good way right now.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby gridiron_kaiju » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:And still no word from Bandai America... :P


I’m sure we’ll find out something from them soon but is there a reason why you’re happy about that?

User avatar
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GFAN198423 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:18 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:And still no word from Bandai America... :P


With Toys R Us gone now, who would even carry them?

For that matter, I guess Walmart and maybe Target for JAKKS?

Toys R Us being gone is a big factor.

I'd like to see if Lanard got the license for the Bandai America level products, their Kong stuff is the likes of which Bandai America Godzilla should have been.

User avatar
gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby gridiron_kaiju » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:58 pm

GFAN198423 wrote:With Toys R Us gone now, who would even carry them?

For that matter, I guess Walmart and maybe Target for JAKKS?

Toys R Us being gone is a big factor.

I'd like to see if Lanard got the license for the Bandai America level products, their Kong stuff is the likes of which Bandai America Godzilla should have been.


There are plenty of other options besides Toys R Us. The fact that Bandai USA figures (12in and Chibi) are getting re-stocked and up for preorder on Entertainment Earth tells me the they must be getting ready. Those wouldn’t randomly just reappear

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Justiriser
Posts: 15743
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:01 pm

gridiron_kaiju wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:And still no word from Bandai America... :P


I’m sure we’ll find out something from them soon but is there a reason why you’re happy about that?


Not really "happy", just find it funny. Bandai of America lost it's big flagship line to Hasbro with Power Rangers so I'm curious if they're even gonna stay afloat at all.
Image

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations
Posts: 2580
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Chris55 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Mr. Yellow wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:And still no word from Bandai America... :P

Bandai ain’t exactly in a good way right now.



Still 6 months out from the movie launch. Every company is doing announcements on their own time. I did reconnect with a contact at the company at SDCC so when they're ready to go, they'll let me know.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

User avatar
gottatalktothefake
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Isla Nublar, 120 miles West of Costa Rica

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby gottatalktothefake » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:58 am

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So...is Jakks intending to release 2 foot scale versions of Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah?

If they do this they can have all my money
Legit, every KoTM hater I have ever seen on social media or interacted with are all the same. They are either these young kids to middle aged adults so detached from anything beyond the Japanese films that they can't enjoy anything that doesn't begin with one of the Toho logos. They're the type that would of had no issues with KoTM if it was a Japanese-made production and think films like Godzilla vs. Monster Zero are the pinnacle of human drama.
-MM

User avatar
ultrazilla
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby ultrazilla » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:59 am

I really hope Sideshow, Prime 1 or Chronicle Collectibles are doing some large scale statues of the big four kaijus, especially King Ghidora. This movie is literally asking for statues.
Image

User avatar
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GFAN198423 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am

Looks like JAKKS are stepping up their game for round 2, kind of glad that I passed on their original, this looks much nicer.

Image

User avatar
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 6162
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: NewJerseyDevil

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:15 am

Those spines are glorious. Very anxious to see what they do with Rodan, Ghidorah, and Mothra.
Resized Image

Every day, humans come one step closer to self-destruction. I'm not destroying the world, I'm saving it!

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Justiriser
Posts: 15743
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:04 pm

According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.
Image

User avatar
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 6162
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: NewJerseyDevil

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.


I'd assume to accommodate for a Ghidorah about the same size as the original Godzilla release. I mean, could you imagine a Ghidorah in scale to that original release? Thing would be HUGE
Resized Image

Every day, humans come one step closer to self-destruction. I'm not destroying the world, I'm saving it!

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Justiriser
Posts: 15743
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm

Maritonic wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.


I'd assume to accommodate for a Ghidorah about the same size as the original Godzilla release. I mean, could you imagine a Ghidorah in scale to that original release? Thing would be HUGE


Double-edged sword, good for proper scaling but horrible for my wallet because now I'm gonna have to buy all of them! :lol:
Image

User avatar
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 6162
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: NewJerseyDevil

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Maritonic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.


I'd assume to accommodate for a Ghidorah about the same size as the original Godzilla release. I mean, could you imagine a Ghidorah in scale to that original release? Thing would be HUGE


Double-edged sword, good for proper scaling but horrible for my wallet because now I'm gonna have to buy all of them! :lol:


Same!
Resized Image

Every day, humans come one step closer to self-destruction. I'm not destroying the world, I'm saving it!

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Dv-218
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:11 pm

The mere thought of a Jakks Ghidorah is both awesome and absolutely horrifying at the same time. Can't even imagine what shelf will be able to hold such a behemoth :lol:

Actually screw the shelf- i'm gonna get this thing and use it as a giant, three-headed gargoyle for my window :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Moogabunga
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Moogabunga » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:05 pm

GFAN198423 wrote:Looks like JAKKS are stepping up their game for round 2, kind of glad that I passed on their original, this looks much nicer.

Image

Absolutely beautiful!

Gonna focus on something a little odd, I love the box art. I can't tell you how much I absolutely despised that terrible photoshop job of Godzilla that was on pretty much all of the merchandise for Godzilla (2014)

User avatar
Dr. Professor
Futurian
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Moogabunga wrote:I can't tell you how much I absolutely despised that terrible photoshop job of Godzilla that was on pretty much all of the merchandise for Godzilla (2014)

God me skreeonkin too. That thing was so ugly, idk what they were thinking when they used it.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Latest episode: Zone Fighter episodes 4-6
Next episode: Matango (Halloween special!)
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
New episodes every other Tuesday!

User avatar
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GFAN198423 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Seems like JAKKS may be taking over for Bandai Creations.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Dv-218
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Moogabunga wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:Looks like JAKKS are stepping up their game for round 2, kind of glad that I passed on their original, this looks much nicer.

Image

Absolutely beautiful!

Gonna focus on something a little odd, I love the box art. I can't tell you how much I absolutely despised that terrible photoshop job of Godzilla that was on pretty much all of the merchandise for Godzilla (2014)


Lmao this. Seriously, the art they used for the 2014 merchandise was the living definition of godawful. The quality jump here is absolutely gigantic, you can really tell they are putting effort into marketing this thing.


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests