The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by Moogabunga »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:27 pm If only they kept this tail...
Yep, such a completely unnecessary (and terrible) change

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Moogabunga wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:59 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:27 pm If only they kept this tail...
Yep, such a completely unnecessary (and terrible) change
What’s wrong with the tail change?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I prefer the new stubby tail. Never liked the old one...didn’t feel like Godzilla to me

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

The new tail is too short and stubby for me. I preferred the 2014 tail, though the end of it was too thin, like an iguana's. Something like the Millennium era Godzillas had would be perfect for me. A long tail with a pointed tip.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I get that. But for me, the new tail reminds me of the Showa-Heisei tails and that’s kind of my sweet spot as a G Fan.

There’s honestly not a thing about the Legendary G that I’d change at this point beyond maybe a bigger head and possibly white dorsal plates.

That being said the skin toned dorsal plates have become kind of iconic and synonymous with this design at this point and I don’t know if it’s something I truly want changed to what is arguably my favorite Godzilla design of all time.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Really every Godzilla if this era has been pretty uniformly colored.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Really talking about his tail? Godzilla has had so many different designs I really don’t care lol
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

SHMA Godzilla and Kong
Last edited by Monke on Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Last edited by GFAN198423 on Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKjm4magDzn ... ygajczavlw

I fear this will mean NECA being officially out of the game, Super 7 seems to be freely rolling out Turtles with no issues against Playmates, unlike NECA, so I envision Super 7 will become the new domestic collector line in NECA’s place, but sadly at SHMA prices.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

GFAN198423 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:23 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CKjm4magDzn ... ygajczavlw

I fear this will mean NECA being officially out of the game, Super 7 seems to be freely rolling out Turtles with no issues against Playmates, unlike NECA, so I envision Super 7 will become the new domestic collector line in NECA’s place, but sadly at SHMA prices.
If NECA and Super7 Turtles can coexist, why not Godzilla.
GO GO GOJI KUN

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GoWhaleTours wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:12 pm If NECA and Super7 Turtles can coexist, why not Godzilla.
NECA couldn't even coexist with Playmates, figures of a completely different demographic. I highly doubt they'd be allowed to make figures alongside Super7.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

Definitely getting a Team Godzilla shirt.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

GFAN198423 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:23 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CKjm4magDzn ... ygajczavlw

NECA has been officially out of the game for a while now. This development has nothing to do with it.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

who's super 7 again?
your source of self destruction

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

master_of_monsters wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:09 pm who's super 7 again?
Prequel to super 8
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Got both a Team Kong and Team Godzilla shirt. I was a Team Kong guy BEFORE the trailer dropped.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:56 pm

NECA has been officially out of the game for a while now. This development has nothing to do with it.
I was hopeful that maybe after GvK, Playmates would be done and NECA could come back, to me this news makes that even less likely.

As far as the whole NECA and Super 7 Turtles co-existing, as I understand it, Playmates is the master toy company and Super 7 or NECA would have to work through them, which is why NECA got shut down. Super 7 has been able to do their Turtles more mainstream than NECA, who has to use loopholes. To me that suggests a good relationship between Playmates and Super 7 where all we’ve heard and seen suggests a bad one between NECA and Playmates.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I'm looking at Super 7's Ultimates, the closest thing to legit action figures they have. I'm curious to see how they will treat Godzilla. Now to see if they got the license for other monsters.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Someone on another forum mentioned Godzilla the Series and it got me thinking, with Super 7’s love of retro, it would be awesome if they gave us the GTAS figures Trendmasters never did.