The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So...is Jakks intending to release 2 foot scale versions of Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

UltramanGoji wrote:And still no word from Bandai America... :P
Bandai ain’t exactly in a good way right now.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

I’m sure we’ll find out something from them soon but is there a reason why you’re happy about that?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

With Toys R Us gone now, who would even carry them?

For that matter, I guess Walmart and maybe Target for JAKKS?

Toys R Us being gone is a big factor.

I'd like to see if Lanard got the license for the Bandai America level products, their Kong stuff is the likes of which Bandai America Godzilla should have been.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

GFAN198423 wrote: With Toys R Us gone now, who would even carry them?

For that matter, I guess Walmart and maybe Target for JAKKS?

Toys R Us being gone is a big factor.

I'd like to see if Lanard got the license for the Bandai America level products, their Kong stuff is the likes of which Bandai America Godzilla should have been.
There are plenty of other options besides Toys R Us. The fact that Bandai USA figures (12in and Chibi) are getting re-stocked and up for preorder on Entertainment Earth tells me the they must be getting ready. Those wouldn’t randomly just reappear

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:
I’m sure we’ll find out something from them soon but is there a reason why you’re happy about that?
Not really "happy", just find it funny. Bandai of America lost it's big flagship line to Hasbro with Power Rangers so I'm curious if they're even gonna stay afloat at all.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Mr. Yellow wrote:
Bandai ain’t exactly in a good way right now.

Still 6 months out from the movie launch. Every company is doing announcements on their own time. I did reconnect with a contact at the company at SDCC so when they're ready to go, they'll let me know.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So...is Jakks intending to release 2 foot scale versions of Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah?
If they do this they can have all my money
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

I really hope Sideshow, Prime 1 or Chronicle Collectibles are doing some large scale statues of the big four kaijus, especially King Ghidora. This movie is literally asking for statues.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Looks like JAKKS are stepping up their game for round 2, kind of glad that I passed on their original, this looks much nicer.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Those spines are glorious. Very anxious to see what they do with Rodan, Ghidorah, and Mothra.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltramanGoji wrote:According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.
I'd assume to accommodate for a Ghidorah about the same size as the original Godzilla release. I mean, could you imagine a Ghidorah in scale to that original release? Thing would be HUGE
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maritonic wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:According to some of those eBay listings, it's half the size of the original.
I'd assume to accommodate for a Ghidorah about the same size as the original Godzilla release. I mean, could you imagine a Ghidorah in scale to that original release? Thing would be HUGE
Double-edged sword, good for proper scaling but horrible for my wallet because now I'm gonna have to buy all of them! :lol:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Double-edged sword, good for proper scaling but horrible for my wallet because now I'm gonna have to buy all of them! :lol:
Same!

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

The mere thought of a Jakks Ghidorah is both awesome and absolutely horrifying at the same time. Can't even imagine what shelf will be able to hold such a behemoth :lol:

Actually screw the shelf- i'm gonna get this thing and use it as a giant, three-headed gargoyle for my window :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

GFAN198423 wrote:Looks like JAKKS are stepping up their game for round 2, kind of glad that I passed on their original, this looks much nicer.

Absolutely beautiful!

Gonna focus on something a little odd, I love the box art. I can't tell you how much I absolutely despised that terrible photoshop job of Godzilla that was on pretty much all of the merchandise for Godzilla (2014)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Moogabunga wrote:I can't tell you how much I absolutely despised that terrible photoshop job of Godzilla that was on pretty much all of the merchandise for Godzilla (2014)
God me fuckin too. That thing was so ugly, idk what they were thinking when they used it.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Seems like JAKKS may be taking over for Bandai Creations.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Moogabunga wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:Looks like JAKKS are stepping up their game for round 2, kind of glad that I passed on their original, this looks much nicer.

Absolutely beautiful!

Gonna focus on something a little odd, I love the box art. I can't tell you how much I absolutely despised that terrible photoshop job of Godzilla that was on pretty much all of the merchandise for Godzilla (2014)
Lmao this. Seriously, the art they used for the 2014 merchandise was the living definition of godawful. The quality jump here is absolutely gigantic, you can really tell they are putting effort into marketing this thing.