The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Monster Zero
Futurian

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by Monster Zero »

GFAN198423 wrote:I'm very curious to see what hits shelves from Jakks in a few weeks, some pictures have shown Rodan and Ghidorah 6" to come with only one break up building and vehicle, collectjurassic.com just received samples from them which had both vehicles and buildings in the package, and likewise, pics have shown the battle packs as having only one scene backdrop and collectjurassic.com got samples that had two backdrops per set.
The paint on the figures were also better. Ghidorah had more black on his body and his mouths were painted. The Godzilla figures also had better painted spines than the ones we've been seeing pop up in actual stores.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Wonder if the new monsters will get any merch.
I hope so. Going from the sketches, they look like great designs. They would make awesome toys.
Sketches???

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Godzillakuj94 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Wonder if the new monsters will get any merch.
I hope so. Going from the sketches, they look like great designs. They would make awesome toys.
Sketches???
Someone saw a completed print in Japan and posted in the Spoiler thread with sketches of the new Titans.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:
Godzillakuj94 wrote:
Sketches???
Someone joined TK from Reddit saying they allegedly had a friend who worked on the film and saw a completed print in Japan and posted in the Spoiler thread with totally fake sketches of the new Titans.
Fixed that for you. ;)
Facts don't care about your feelings

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla 1986 wrote:
Godzillakuj94 wrote: Sketches???
Someone joined TK from Reddit saying they allegedly had a friend who worked on the film and saw a completed print in Japan and posted in the Spoiler thread with totally fake sketches of the new Titans.
Fixed that for you. ;)
Ah so that "Japanese fan" is from reddit, funny how they didn't mention that when asked about how they found the site :lol:

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla 1986 wrote:
Fixed that for you. ;)
How do you know?
GO GO GOJI KUN

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla 1986 wrote:
Fixed that for you. ;)
Nooo, no, you didn’t. Nice try, though. If you paid any attention to the Spoiler thread, you’d know that the person in question who did the sketches stated he is actually FROM Japan. And he saw the print himself, he was not relaying second hand info from a buddy or whatever. He never once stated he was from reddit, either. If you’re referring to the previous user from whom we’ve had the leaks from for the last number of months, he was from reddit, but also saw an incomplete workprint for test screening. And for the record, everything he’s said about locations, events, even some dialogue, has been proved true in all media since then.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla 1986 wrote:
Fixed that for you. ;)
Nooo, no, you didn’t. Nice try, though. If you paid any attention to the Spoiler thread, you’d know that the person in question who did the sketches stated he is actually FROM Japan. And he saw the print himself, he was not relaying second hand info from a buddy or whatever. He never once stated he was from reddit, either. If you’re referring to the previous user from whom we’ve had the leaks from for the last number of months, he was from reddit, but also saw an incomplete workprint for test screening. And for the record, everything he’s said about locations, events, even some dialogue, has been proved true in all media since then.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla 1986 wrote:
Fixed that for you. ;)
Trust me, I think I know what I’m talking about.
Spoiler:
I know it’s the same guy because he too was trying to correct people about the mammoth Titan and claimed it was like a chimpanzee with tusks.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla 1986 wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote: Fixed that for you. ;)
Trust me, I think I know what I’m talking about.
Spoiler:
I know it’s the same guy because he too was trying to correct people about the mammoth Titan and claimed it was like a chimpanzee with tusks.
....okay, now you got me all confused, because I don't recall him ever talking about that. I trust fake's reports and whatnot, because all the trailers and media match up to it, and he never mentioned anything that...outrageous. Okay, good show, you indeed fixed it. Golf clap, sir.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Chocolate egg sticker sheets

Last edited by GoWhaleTours on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO GO GOJI KUN

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

Dammit, I was going to check my local wally world to see if they did an early merch release....
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Sadly there's not much I've seen so far that interests me much. I'm getting the Xplus Gigantic for sure and probably the Neca G19. Sadly both Neca and Jakks aren't even doing the figures I wanted most. I'm waiting to see a decent comparison between the Neca and MonstetArts Rodans before I make any real decision on them. The MA Ghidorah I'm waiting to hear reviews for first. Im not paying $150+ for a figure that might fall apart on me. I will probably get whatever Xplus come out though.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Godzilla 2019 coming from SEGA, looks fantastic, will definitely be getting one.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Ok that's the Sega? Saw it on Twitter and wasn't sure of the brand. Pretty cool I like it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Walmart is now taking orders for the JAKKS 24" figure.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Godzilla-24- ... /174798862

Added in 7 hours 58 minutes 27 seconds:
Rubies Wallbreakers

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I need that King Ghidorah wall breaker.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Hah I didn't realize the panel looks like building. Really surprised by the level of detail on that Ghidorah. Why does Godzilla look so glossy though.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Probably to help him stand out since his color is so similar to the background where Ghidorah has a color difference.