The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by Smuggers »

goji89 wrote:Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied.
What did he imply?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Smuggers wrote:
goji89 wrote:Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied.
What did he imply?
We're all childish. If you know him as I do that was his subtle jab on the forum.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

goji89 wrote: Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied. Assblasted? Hardly, I just asked you a simple question and if you were feeling better....you dont get butthurt about it.
Surely you wouldn't have projected an inferiority complex onto me if it weren't for a desire to offend someone. Funny how you leave that out... but considering your post history, I won't blame you for forgetting something. I'm sure it's out of your control, it seems to be a chronic issue...

And why assume coloring books are strictly for children? We're all fans of giant monster movies, I think we all know firsthand how annoying it is for people to make presumptions about an activity they dismiss.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
goji89 wrote: Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied. Assblasted? Hardly, I just asked you a simple question and if you were feeling better....you dont get butthurt about it.
Surely you wouldn't have projected an inferiority complex onto me if it weren't for a desire to offend someone. Funny how you leave that out... but considering your post history, I won't blame you for forgetting something. I'm sure it's out of your control, it seems to be a chronic issue...
To be fair thats the impression I got from your post too. That you were saying we are childish.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

goji89 wrote:
Smuggers wrote:What did he imply?
We're all childish. If you know him as I do that was his subtle jab on the forum.
In all fairness a lot of the products in this thread are literally made for children, so... I guess the subtle jab hits a little too close to home for some who aren't comfortable with the stuff they're buying being marketed towards 6 year old boys? It is what it is.
Last edited by Smuggers on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

goji89 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:deleted
What could it be....this deleted post that I can see.
Is dat a zaboomafu reference?

Still hoping for Monsteverse dino nuggets!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Surely you wouldn't have projected an inferiority complex onto me if it weren't for a desire to offend someone. Funny how you leave that out... but considering your post history, I won't blame you for forgetting something. I'm sure it's out of your control, it seems to be a chronic issue...

And why assume coloring books are strictly for children? We're all fans of giant monster movies, I think we all know firsthand how annoying it is for people to make presumptions about an activity they dismiss.
Funny, and here I thought you were a humor less individual. As would your post history about you being or trying to act like some pseudo intellectual when in fact your just an ass. You know you implied childrens book to this forum as your jab, as you ALWAYS try to look down on it. Dont cry about it.....not my problem you woke up with your inferiority complex.....hey, grab a coloring book and use some stickers to calm yourself.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

goji89 wrote:not my problem you woke up with your inferiority complex.....hey, grab a coloring book and use some stickers to calm yourself.
Hey hey hey, be nice to your classmate or I'll confiscate your Gameboy and there will be no milk at naptime!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Smuggers wrote:
goji89 wrote:not my problem you woke up with your inferiority complex.....hey, grab a coloring book and use some stickers to calm yourself.
Hey hey hey, be nice to your classmate or I'll confiscate your Gameboy and there will be no milk at naptime!
Awww....but he started it.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I'll wait for the KOTM licensed goods like my fellow forum dwellers, I'm in no rush.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Saw this promotional image for the Jakks giant size Godzilla, hadn't seen it posted here yet. Or maybe this is for the 2014 one? They're almost the same either way.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

It's from the 2014 figure and being reused to promote the 2019, but that's not even the 2014 final figure, the arms are attached in a different way ultimately, and the colors different.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

A coloring book would be pretty rad honestly, I mean there are coloring books geared towards adults, just make one for teens and adults too. Who wouldn't want to color pages like these?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Poor Frank Parr. Dude's art has been stolen and used for all kinds of unofficial merchandise for years now. Hope he's done something about it.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Smuggers wrote:Saw this promotional image for the Jakks giant size Godzilla, hadn't seen it posted here yet. Or maybe this is for the 2014 one? They're almost the same either way.

Is the giant size child in scale?? Guys... I don't know how Godzilla's gonna make it out of this one.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Apgigan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Apgigan »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Smuggers wrote:Saw this promotional image for the Jakks giant size Godzilla, hadn't seen it posted here yet. Or maybe this is for the 2014 one? They're almost the same either way.

Is the giant size child in scale?? Guys... I don't know how Godzilla's gonna make it out of this one.
Godzilla will be fine, he has the speed advantage after all.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Apgigan wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:

Godzilla will be fine, he has the speed advantage after all.
Idk, I feel like one blast from that kid's Childish Death Ray and Godzilla's done. I just thought Godzilla would be taller than that by now. They should've at least given him armor or something.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The Art of Godzilla: King of the Monsters is now available for pre-order.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Godzilla-Kin ... 154&sr=8-1

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Any rough idea when the Jakks figures will start appearing in Walmarts? They’ve already been out in a chain of stores in the UK, and with it being March I imagine they might be appearing within the next few weeks.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

April is the release for KOTM Merchandise in the US.