The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Well im going to Barnes and Noble soon!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

It's $20 on Amazon, if you have prime you can get it free shipped, that's what I did.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'm honestly surprised they didn't make a game for Kong: Skull Island in the same vain as the one for Peter Jackson's King Kong. You can easily make a survival horror game with the human half of this movie.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Aren't movie-based games outside of Lego versions almost a thing of the past at this point?

I was hoping for some sort of mobile game, I thought Smash 3 sid well for Godzilla but I guess not.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

GFAN198423 wrote:Aren't movie-based games outside of Lego versions almost a thing of the past at this point?

I was hoping for some sort of mobile game, I thought Smash 3 sid well for Godzilla but I guess not.
If we do get a game, I hope it's not like Smash3 where the levels are so hard and your luck is so bad that you feel forced to pay.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

A new G14 garage kit. This one's pretty badass!

https://twitter.com/g_misterbuster/stat ... 9088083968
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:A new G14 garage kit. This one's pretty badass!

Could have just said T's Facto was doing another kit ;)

I knew that pose looked AWFULLY familiar. I see what you did there T's Facto...

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Prime 1 Studio will be at Wonderfest this weekend. Possibly a Kong statue reveal.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:A new G14 garage kit. This one's pretty badass!

Awesome!!
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Kaiju Claws
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Kaiju Claws »

I cannot wait to add an X-plus Kong to my collection!! :D

Though the Prime 1 statues have me curious. Any ideas out there why it's not a Sideshow Statue anymore? Both of the Legendary Godzilla's from them look great!
Dungeon Master of the D20 Section

"As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive."
- Tomoyuki Tanaka

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

From NYCC, X-Plus / Star Ace Kong painted.

Last edited by GFAN198423 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I wish there was an articulated version of kong, I'll probably custom same for ramarak
your source of self destruction

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Can't wait to display him with G14.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Gormaru Island posted earlier on Facebook that Rubies has announced they will be back doing the costumes for Godzilla: KOTM much like they did for Godzilla (2014) and Kong: Skull Island-
Rubie's Costume Company Formally Announces Renewal of the Godzilla License For 'GODZILLA: King of the Monsters' at the International Halloween Show 2018 NYC

More Masks! More Suits! More 'GODZILLA: King of the Monsters' Merchandise are heading its way in 2019! At International Hallowwen Show 2018 in NYC, which took place during the first full week of December this month, Rubie's Costume Company formally announced their regaining of the Godzilla License and their official confirmation in handling the next MonsterVerse film 'GODZILLA: King of the Monsters'.

Meaning they can now, and certainly will be, producing mask and costume merchandise based on the film. As done with GODZILLA-2014 and Kong Skull Island!

Previously they couldn't comment outright before due to understandable legal tape, but now it's out and finally established! :D

Expect some monstrous masks and inflatable body suits in the near future! Perhaps a new Godzilla-suit? Or better yet, a giant inflatable King Ghidorah suit?! We'll see as 2019 approaches!
Last edited by gridiron_kaiju on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Oh god more cursed Godzilla costumes
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Those things were pretty bad, but I'm not going to lie, if I were a kid, I so would have wanted one.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Jakks Pacific is back for Godzilla: King Of The Monsters!!!

From Gormaru Island on Facebook-
Jakks To Unite Again With GODZILLA, As "GODZILLA: King of the Monsters" Is Confirmed To Be In Company's 2019 Toy/Merchandise Releases

In a interview with Toy World released within"Toy World November 2018", UK Senior Marketing Director Ken Goodison of Jakks, in a preview discussion of the company's upcoming 2019 toy and merchandise releases, confirmed that Jakks will be handling 'GODZILLA: King of the Monsters' , with products aimed to storm the toy and collector's market!

For the first MonsterVerse installment, 2014's GODZILLA, Jakks had unleashed a monstrous 2-foot tall Godzilla figurine that became an absolute must-fan with toy collectors and Godzilla fans.

NECA, Rubie's Costume Company, Tamashii Nations, and now Jakks, are all sitting around the 'GODZILLA: King of the Monsters' merch table. Waiting on you next Bandai to complete the circle!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

And still no word from Bandai America... :P