The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
kpa
G-Grasper

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by kpa »

Now on SciFi Japan -- the GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS (2019) Licensed Product Guide with info and 250+ photos for 100+ products from the new movie!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2019 ... uct-guide/

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

kpa wrote:Now on SciFi Japan -- the GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS (2019) Licensed Product Guide with info and 250+ photos for 100+ products from the new movie!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2019 ... uct-guide/
Awesome stuff! I hope some of these goodies are available in the States!
Last edited by AtomicMorningBreath on Thu May 02, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla themed skins for X-Box but no Godzilla game.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1124071066387787779

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Fuck it, I’ll import that myth t shirt
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I might get Aftershock and the novelization just because it's sort of interesting to compare the differences between the novelization and the final film - usually nothing too major (with a few exceptions; for example the 1970s Creature from the Black Lagoon "novelization" that had next to nothing to do with the actual film and turned the Creature into a 50-foot hermaphroditic man-fish-pig), but there are generally one or two scenes that are noticeably different from the film, or scenes that were cut at the last minute for pacing are retained intact, or what have you
gottatalktothefake wrote:Fuck it, I’ll import that myth t shirt
I'm not the sort of guy who generally wears fandom t-shirts but why are all the best ones UK exclusive
That's just bizarre to me, Godzilla's not nearly as "well known" over there as it is here (IIRC prior to G14's release most people were familiar with the franchise via G'98 and the Hanna-Barbera series)
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Tytyvyllvs
Yojimbo

Post by Tytyvyllvs »

kpa wrote:Now on SciFi Japan -- the GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS (2019) Licensed Product Guide with info and 250+ photos for 100+ products from the new movie.
Ohh, I like a lot of those t-shirts coming to Zavvi! Will be picking up a few of those, as well as the double duvet set (which I'm sure my partner will be thrilled about :lol: ).
G2000 wrote:I'm not the sort of guy who generally wears fandom t-shirts but why are all the best ones UK exclusive
That's just bizarre to me, Godzilla's not nearly as "well known" over there as it is here (IIRC prior to G14's release most people were familiar with the franchise via G'98 and the Hanna-Barbera series)
I'm a UK fan and this is pretty much my experience. My mum grew up with the Hanna-Barbera series and still asks me if Godzooky will be in the new film every time I mention it. :|

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I preordered the art book. I can't wait to look through it. I want some other Merchandise but I haven't decided what quite yet.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

Went to Wally’s today...shit selection, only Rodan single, couple of Ban Dai Gojis and a KG Ban Dai.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Where the fuck are the coloring books
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'll wait to find out if I like the movie before I bother with the art book. Will probably preorder the soundtrack soon though. Amazon also has the Bandais on Prime now.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

The Godzilla and Ghidorah Wall Breakers from Rubies are up for pre-order on Amazon for $250 :shock:
Definitely higher than I was anticipating but I'm still getting at least one of them

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Shocking price tag on those, would love to know why.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Not KotM specific but Life magazine is releasing a special Godzilla issue.

https://www.amazon.com/LIFE-Godzilla-Ed ... 1547846992
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

...out of all the pictures to choose for a cover, they had to pick one of the cheesiest ones. *le sigh*
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

SteveMartinLives
Yojimbo

Post by SteveMartinLives »

Cheese is good. Embrace the cheese.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

SteveMartinLives wrote:Cheese is good. Embrace the cheese.
But now NOBODY will take Godzilla seriously! :cry:
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:...out of all the pictures to choose for a cover, they had to pick one of the cheesiest ones. *le sigh*
It's not that cheesy, it's literally the image that pops into the normal movie goers head when they hear Godzilla. People wouldn't be wowed or go "so cool! so bad ass" if they used legendary battling ghidorah like fans would be

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm failing to see what's so cheesy about it, it's just a picture of the 1964 suit.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Fri May 10, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

UltramanGoji wrote:I'm failing to see what's so cheesy about it, it's just a picture of the 1964 suit.
Reminds me of this attitude I see from certain fans where they almost treat the older films as a curiosity best kept out of the public eye.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

How many times are you going to post that? Do you have something you need to tell us?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?