The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by ernesth100 »

I'm not so sure. More MV is coming it's a fact. But this is a lot of hype to live up to. I'd argue GvK has thrusted the MV into early Avengers 1 MCU Status. And now they have to top that of they want a shot at keeping the eyes on them.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Genuinely surprised there's such a desire to see Spacegodzilla in the Monsterverse. I think it'd be wise to keep Godzilla's foes varied considering he just got done fight a doppelganger of himself, but I also subjectively think that Spacegodzilla is stupid as fuck and I have a hard time imagining a scenario where he would actually work.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Rodan being the reason for (or just outright being) the Pompeii event could work
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

SpaceGodzilla as a concept can work he just happened to be in a subpar movie. Change up his origin a bit and you can execute him well.

KaijuKingGojira
Interpol Agent

Post by KaijuKingGojira »

Smuggers wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:48 pm Genuinely surprised there's such a desire to see Spacegodzilla in the Monsterverse. I think it'd be wise to keep Godzilla's foes varied considering he just got done fight a doppelganger of himself, but I also subjectively think that Spacegodzilla is stupid as skreeonk and I have a hard time imagining a scenario where he would actually work.
I completely agree with your opinion on SG haha

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Yeah, I'd prefer the addition of more unique foes than something like SG. I feel like the "evil space tyrant" and "evil Godzilla doppleganger" territories have been mostly summed up by Ghidorah and MG, better to explore more varied concepts with further antagonists.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Remember a while back how if Destoroyah is ever used especially for a "Destroy All Monsters"/"Endgame" final movie and how horror elements could be put into it?

On top of Juvenile Destoroyah's stalking people in aquariums, imagine mysterious deaths of folks at home found as skeletons due to having drank tap water or taking a bath/shower?

Something straight out of a horror film itself.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 pm Remember a while back how if Destoroyah is ever used especially for a "Destroy All Monsters"/"Endgame" final movie and how horror elements could be put into it?

On top of Juvenile Destoroyah's stalking people in aquariums, imagine mysterious deaths of folks at home found as skeletons due to having drank tap water or taking a bath/shower?

Something straight out of a horror film itself.
Edwards or Dougherty (already has background in horror) would fucking rock those scenes
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 pmEdwards or Dougherty (already has background in horror) would skreeonking rock those scenes
I'm definitely willing to give Edwards another shot if he were to return to directing another film.

Any other directors that could do those scenes justice aside from him and Dougherty?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Garzon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Garzon »

SpaceGodzilla is a dumb concept. I’m not particularly fond of the Heisei series in general, but his movie is possibly the worst installment of that series.

Anyway, Legendary has already exhausted the “Big Five” Toho kaiju, so that could be a problem. I guess Destroyah could work as a final boss for the MonsterVerse, but since I’m not too crazy about the Heisei series, I can’t say that would excite me personally.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

So I only see people talking about reusing monsters... why not more American exclusive ones? Like I'd really prefer to see a Rokmutul over a generic designed Angilas. CG gives us the possibility for Kaijus which were couldn't be portrayed with suits.

If I want to see the Japanese monsters I'll watch the Japanese movies. Give American Godzilla more Western monsters to fight with

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I still say Anguirus would work here.

And I forget, just where is the skeleton of Anguirus supposed to be in G: KotM? I saw this film in a theater and I guess I missed it. I'd like to know this so that, when I look at my Blu-ray copy, I'll know where it is. A photo would would be appreciated, too, so that I know what to look for. Thanks!

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:23 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 pmEdwards or Dougherty (already has background in horror) would skreeonking rock those scenes
I'm definitely willing to give Edwards another shot if he were to return to directing another film.

Any other directors that could do those scenes justice aside from him and Dougherty?
Matt Reeves, James Wan, Leigh Whannell, and Dan Tracthenberg

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

mikelcho wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:06 pm I still say Anguirus would work here.

And I forget, just where is the skeleton of Anguirus supposed to be in G: KotM? I saw this film in a theater and I guess I missed it. I'd like to know this so that, when I look at my Blu-ray copy, I'll know where it is. A photo would would be appreciated, too, so that I know what to look for. Thanks!
I agree, maybe Anguirus also be symbiont to Godzilla just like Mothra
and to answer your question Image and here a video https://youtu.be/4QNqyOn4I34 skip to 1:30

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:42 pmMatt Reeves, James Wan, Leigh Whannell, and Dan Tracthenberg
Ah yes James Wan. Did he not do one of the Saw films?

It's easy really. Anguirus like all other titans is a species. Simple and done.

After all in the Showa series the first Anguirus was killed by 55 Godzilla.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 pm
DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:42 pmMatt Reeves, James Wan, Leigh Whannell, and Dan Tracthenberg
Ah yes James Wan. Did he not do one of the Saw films?

It's easy really. Anguirus like all other titans is a species. Simple and done.

After all in the Showa series the first Anguirus was killed by 55 Godzilla.
Several Saw films, Insidious, and my personal favorites The Conjuring 1 and 2

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:36 pm Several Saw films, Insidious, and my personal favorites The Conjuring 1 and 2
Aw yeah, he would definitely nail those scenes for sure then.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:46 pm
DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:36 pm Several Saw films, Insidious, and my personal favorites The Conjuring 1 and 2
Aw yeah, he would definitely nail those scenes for sure then.
James Wan did Aquaman as well.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:15 pmJames Wan did Aquaman as well.
Unpopular opinion. I wasn't a fan of that film, apparently in the minority.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I'd like another stab at Zilla in the MV. If the expansion is played right. They could pseudo-connect all the timelines. Hesei, Millennium and Shows era's could be ancestors of the Goji we know.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!