Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by scottzilla »

All of these jokes sound absolutely terrible. I have a feeling that I'm going to despise Tom Middleditch's character, if these leaks end up being true obviously. I mean, gonorrhea doesn't sound anything like Ghidorah. Like, at all. Ugh, it's pissing me off just thinking about it.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

I like clever jokes. if those make it in the film it will not ruin it for me. It also has to be in context with the scene...on it's own the Ghidorah joke is lame, and it could be lame in the movie. Or if delivered in the correct context, could be moderatly funny.

As for the MUTO scene, well if they were studying the various monsters within the context of the scene and it was the next portion of the meeting, adding the "edited" version could be done in a clever fashion. Sounds like Middeltech's character is the "Guy with no sense of gravity or timing"

The end credits though...I've heard two versions, one of the severed head (which would be quite large to have laying around) and a juivinile creature that could be a Destroyah via the Oxygen Destroyer...the reason I'm skeptical about the severed head is that it is in direct opposition to the end of the movie where the remaining head is still alive in Godzilla's mouth and requires a reverse Orga/Muto finisher to kill it completely. If that's the case, wouldn't the first severed head still be alive and regenerating?

Food for thought. Strangely I'm craving BBQ.
Last edited by MrRockett on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

MrRockett wrote:I like clever jokes. if those make it in the film it will not ruin it for me. It also has to be in context with the scene...on it's own the Ghidorah joke is lame, and it could be lame in the movie. Or if delivered in the correct context, could be moderatly funny.

As for the MUTO scene, well if they were studying the various monsters within the context of the scene and it was the next portion of the meeting, adding the "edited" version could be done in a clever fashion. Sounds like Middeltech's character is the "Guy with no sense of gravity or timing"

The end credits though...I've heard two versions, one of the severed head (which would be quite large to have laying around) and a juivinile creature that could be a Destroyah via the Oxygen Destroyer...the reason I'm skeptical about the severed head is that it is in direct opposition to the end of the movie where the remaining head is still alive in Godzilla's mouth and requires a reverse Orga/Muto finisher to kill it completely. If that's the case, wouldn't the first severed head still be alive and regenerating?

Eh, isn't that the point? The first head torn off by Godzilla early in the film is found?
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Another joke:
Before or after they arrive to Antarctica, Charles Dance glances at MBB and she starts rubbing her eyes with her middle finger.

Added in 7 minutes 39 seconds:
GoWhaleTours wrote:This was their response: "Rodan breathed fire, no sonic boom to my memory. There was a spider like monster, I’m not sure it was the same as Kong. The mammoth wasn’t special, he just showed up in a few shots."
Hmmm.....that does sound a bit off. What information did he say that makes him legit since you made reference to that earlier. Ask him about the Gonorrhea joke. Ask like “What joke is there when Zhan reveals Ghidorah’s name?” He should remember since it is cringe overload in my opinion.
Last edited by Hokmuto on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

BARAGONBREH wrote:
MrRockett wrote:I like clever jokes. if those make it in the film it will not ruin it for me. It also has to be in context with the scene...on it's own the Ghidorah joke is lame, and it could be lame in the movie. Or if delivered in the correct context, could be moderatly funny.

Eh, isn't that the point? The first head torn off by Godzilla early in the film is found?
Right but if his healing factors are as fast as they say, it could be very hard to contain. Plus then you retread Ghidorah for the final film. Not hating it, and in the end it's very GMK ish with the heart. On one hand people could be "oooh, so it wasn't completely killed" and on the other it could get "More of the same"

Granted, GA will not understand the severity of Destroyah in canon, but it's a creature that while real cool looking was very limited by the suit.

We will have to wait and see. I'll be buying my tickets regardless as well as the Blu Ray's regardless.

Added in 1 minute 54 seconds:
Hokmuto wrote:Another joke:
Before or after they arrive to Antarctica, Charles Dance glances at MBB and she starts rubbing her eyes with her middle finger.

Added in 7 minutes 39 seconds:
GoWhaleTours wrote:This was their response: "Rodan breathed fire, no sonic boom to my memory. There was a spider like monster, I’m not sure it was the same as Kong. The mammoth wasn’t special, he just showed up in a few shots."
Hmmm.....that does sound a bit off. What information did he say that makes him legit since you made reference to that earlier. Ask him about the Gonorrhea joke. Ask like “What joke is there when Zhan reveals Ghidorah’s name?” He should remember since it is cringe overload in my opinion.
The MBB physical humor would fit an angsty teenager. That would get a laugh from me. Hell who hasn't done that move to an annoying adult? Being one of those now I've received a few.
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Just curious, where are these joke answers coming from?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Moogabunga wrote:
Just curious, where are these joke answers coming from?
SuperHeroHype guy.
Long Live The King

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Hokmuto wrote:
Yeah, see what I mean? To be honest, this doesn’t even seem a bit off, it seems like straight up bullshit to me :lol:
As I said, every source HokMuto and I have come across, among the many questions we always ask each one, there’s always “what’s Rodan’s fighting strategy and abilities?”, and guess what? Fire breath is never mentioned, and I feel like if it were there, someone, out of the five sources we’ve come across, would have mentioned it.

And as for the Mammoth scene, even that seems a bit fishy, yeah no shit the Mammoth wasn’t special and only in a few scenes, all the Titans only have a few seconds worth of screentime... except the Mammoth has longer than others by like 20 seconds.

I don’t think asking him already confirmed questions would really prove anything, I think a better group of questions to ask would be...

* When Mothra emerges from her cocoon, in what location does she reveal her “God Rays”?

* How does Ghidorah eat Sally Hawkins?

* How does Mothra die and how does she transfer her energy to Godzilla?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

PitchBlackProgress wrote: Yeah, see what I mean? To be honest, this doesn’t even seem a bit off, it seems like straight up bullshit to me :lol:
As I said, every source HokMuto and I have come across, among the many questions we always ask each one, there’s always “what’s Rodan’s fighting strategy and abilities?”, and guess what? Fire breath is never mentioned, and I feel like if it were there, someone, out of the five sources we’ve come across, would have mentioned it.

And as for the Mammoth scene, even that seems a bit fishy, yeah no poop the Mammoth wasn’t special and only in a few scenes, all the Titans only have a few seconds worth of screentime... except the Mammoth has longer than others by like 20 seconds.

I don’t think asking him already confirmed questions would really prove anything, I think a better group of questions to ask would be...

* When Mothra emerges from her cocoon, in what location does she reveal her “God Rays”?

* How does Ghidorah eat Sally Hawkins?

* How does Mothra die and how does she transfer her energy to Godzilla?
Those are already confirmed questions though (at least some of them ;) ) He should instead ask what exactly do Ghidorah’s heads do amongst themselves since I have told no one that answer, not even you Pitch ;)

Also, about the fire beam, I asked one of my sources JUST in case and said he doesn’t recall. That would be something that would be remembered. So, no beam for Rodan guys!
Last edited by Hokmuto on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Long Live The King

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Actually, only the first question had been answered, but I still haven’t seen the name “Castle Bravo” pop up anywhere besides the guy who told us about it.

Also, it wasn’t exactly stated how Mothra dies or Sally dies, and in what fashion Mothra gives Godzilla her energy
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Actually, only the first question had been answered, but I still haven’t seen the name “Castle Bravo” pop up anywhere besides the guy who told us about it.

Also, it wasn’t exactly stated how Mothra dies or Sally dies, and in what fashion Mothra gives Godzilla her energy
King Ghidorah swoops down and eats Sally. Mothra flies into Ghidorah and he shoots her with his beam.
Last edited by Hokmuto on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

Based on what I've read, and seein in the trailer window scene, it appears Ghidorah has a high intelligence and ability to personalize it's anger. Very different from Godzilla, similar to the Femuto when her nest is blown up. It's personal and I like that. Maybe Ghidorah has the ability to sense it's adversaries and thus can target them.

As for Sally Hawkins, I heard with mushrooms and capers.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

No, not Sally and Ken :( Why do all the cool characters have to die in this series?

Hopefully she at least comes back as a cyborg who controls Mecha-John Goodman.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Here is what Ghidorah's heads do among themselves: "Ghidorah's heads fight with one another a few times. The heads try to bite and bump other heads and they do roar and snap at each other as well."
Last edited by Hokmuto on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

what sources are all of you using
GO GO GOJI KUN

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

GoWhaleTours wrote:what sources are all of you using
My sources include:
-Reddit guy that hated the movie (didn't give me too many details)
-ViewerAnon
-User from SuperHeroHype forums who saw the movie (who I was able to confirm their legitimacy by asking very specific questions)
Last edited by Hokmuto on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Long Live The King

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

PRIMEVAL wrote:No, not Sally and Ken :( Why do all the cool characters have to die in this series?

Hopefully she at least comes back as a cyborg who controls Mecha-John Goodman.
That'll be in the manga. :P

scottzilla wrote:All of these jokes sound absolutely terrible. I have a feeling that I'm going to despise Tom Middleditch's character, if these leaks end up being true obviously. I mean, gonorrhea doesn't sound anything like Ghidorah. Like, at all. Ugh, it's pissing me off just thinking about it.
This is the last time I trust Verizon.
Troyal1 wrote:Regarding humor I saw a claim around the time of the 4chan leaks that o'shea jackson calls Godzilla “Swole” when he rises up out of the water and that it’s clearly meant to be humorous. I assume after the nuke has charged him up.

I haven’t verified that but I see no reason why it should not be true lol. That person also claimed there were a good bit of jokes in the film.
Finally, I've been calling lizard boi "swole" for so long. :lol: So far this is the only joke I like.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Hokmuto wrote:
My sources include:
-ViewerAnon
-User from SuperHeroHype forums who saw the movie (who I was able to confirm their legitimacy by asking very specific questions)
I’m also using that Reddit guy. So he’s lying to one of us or making stuff up.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

GoWhaleTours wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
My sources include:
-ViewerAnon
I’m also using that Reddit guy. So he’s lying to one of us or making stuff up.
Hmmm...given how he pretty much despised the film, I wouldn't say he is the best of the best when it comes to sources.

Before they reach Mexico and after Vera does a video call to the Monarch group, Zhang says "That b*tch" to Vera. I am not sure if this was supposed to be a joke or not, but people in the audience laughed.
Long Live The King

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Hokmuto wrote: Before they reach Mexico and after Vera does a video call to the Monarch group, Zhang says "That b*tch" to Vera. I am not sure if this was supposed to be a joke or not, but people in the audience laughed.
Ha. I can see Zhang's delivery getting a chuckle. And to be honest, I'm pretty cool with every "joke" we've heard thus far with the exception being the "Gonorrhea" one...that one just sounds bad on paper

Have you talked to ViewerAnon about if the comedy works? (or doesn't)