How Did The Xillians Controll King Caesar?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Patrick Alan
Interpol Agent

How Did The Xillians Controll King Caesar?

Post by Patrick Alan »

In Godzilla: Final Wars King Caesar was one of the monsters being controlled, but is that even possible? The Xillians controlled the monsters by screwing with their DNA, but King Caesar should'nt even have DNA, he's a golem! A giant rock! How did they controll him?
Last edited by Patrick Alan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world would be so much nicer if people only used guns on themselves.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Re: King Caesar Being Controlled?

Post by TokyoVigilante »

It's a different version. Just like how Heisei King Ghidorah and Showa King Ghidorah are different.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Re: How Did The Xillians Controll King Caesar?

Post by hammysammy59 »

Yeah, for all we know Final Wars KC might be a golem from Planet X. Or a different type of being all together... that might explain the different eyes.
Haters gonna hate

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

I love it how, to this day, some fans can't grasp the concept of more than one continuity in the series.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: King Caesar Being Controlled?

Post by Tohosaurus »

TokyoVigilante wrote:It's a different version. Just like how Heisei King Ghidorah and Showa King Ghidorah are different.
This.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Patrick Alan
Interpol Agent

Post by Patrick Alan »

Thank you....

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Admittedly, I used to think all the films were connected; but that was several years ago, when I was maybe 10 or 12, and before I really started using the internet.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:
Ethan wrote:I love it how, to this day, some fans can't grasp the concept of more than one continuity in the series.
If you've seen only half the Godzilla movies, you've seen enough to know that there are multiple continuities. Bizarre.
FALSE

The Showa series consists of 15 films. There are 28 films in the Japanese Godzilla series. If you know your multiplication and division, you know that 14 is half of 28.

Therefore, with over half of the series consisting of one universe, there is a reasonable chance that a fan may only know of one continuity.

Therefore, your statement is invalid.
Godzilla's Revenge is technically a dream sothat in itself is its own continuity ;) .

Patrick Alan
Interpol Agent

Post by Patrick Alan »

Oooooh I dont want ro hear anything about Godzillas Revenge, that kid humped a vehicle, and He acted like he just drank a bunch of freaking Nyquill! And who in the hell was Godzilla getting revenge on anyway?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

GODZILLA'S REVENGE was simply a U.S. title. The film was originally released in the U.S. under the title "MINYA:SON OF GODZILLA". (Godzilla artist Bob Eggleton even saw a print under this title in his youth), but it failed to make an impact, so it was re-released under the title GODZILLA'S REVENGE, in an attempt to lure people to theaters. No existing prints of with the original "MINYA" title are known to exist. Not even the elusive Baradagi owns a print of that version.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Patrick Alan
Interpol Agent

Post by Patrick Alan »

It makes sense, thanx for the info :)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The GFW Caesar is a different version of the Showa one. Remember that directors and producers take liberties with characters and timelines when it's convenient for the plot.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Geezus, lighten up, Legion.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Patrick Alan
Interpol Agent

Post by Patrick Alan »

Cant we all just get along?

SmogMonster
Yojimbo

Post by SmogMonster »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:Geezus, lighten up, Legion.
His was a perfectly valid response to a completely ridiculous post.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:Geezus, lighten up, Legion.
Uh, no. That doesn't even apply.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Patrick Alan wrote:In Godzilla: Final Wars King Caesar was one of the monsters being controlled, but is that even possible? The Xillians controlled the monsters by screwing with their DNA, but King Caesar should'nt even have DNA, he's a golem! A giant rock! How did they controll him?
A lot of fans make the mistake of trying to make everything fit between the films, and get confused or have a lot of questions when they don't fit. And that's understandable, because American TV shows and film series generally maintain some kind of continuity with recurring characters and (more or less) consistent storylines, history, etc.

But Japanese studios and audiences often have a different approach. Rather than maintain continuity from one season to the next, popular TV franchises like Ultraman, Sentai or Kamen Rider will reinvent themselves over and over... they'll take the basic concept and create new characters and stories separate from what has gone before. This allows them to maintain a successful franchise while not being locked to everything about it, and the creative teams and audiences seem to like it that way.

Toho has generally treated Godzilla and their other monster/FX films the same way. When Tanaka, Honda, Tsuburaya etc were making the early films they just wanted to make each movie as good and profitable as possible. Continuity was not a concern, and the filmmakers would just pick what they wanted to use and discard what they didn't. So monsters would die and come back; they would be different sizes or change their appearance, all without explanation. Godzilla is hurt by electricity in some films, powered by it in other movies, and unaffected in others. Minya doesn't age between 1967-1999. One of the Mothra larvae goes missing. And so on and so on. Some fans want explanations, but in most cases there aren't official answers because this stuff didn't matter to Toho.

The only time Toho really focused on continuity was with the Heisei series. Some American fans seem to love the tight continuity in those films, but the filmmakers complained that having to make everything fit was a hindrance. On the other hand, some American fans complain that the constant rebooting in the Millennium Series was confusing, but Japanese fans and filmmakers grew up with this style so it wasn't an issue.

I think these films are less frustrating and more enjoyable if you take them as intended. Trying to force them into being what they're not is a fool's errand because there's no real answer for most continuity questions to be found in the context of the stories. You have to step back and look at the filmmakers' options and choices to best understand why something was done for a specific film.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

Well going back to the original post, there's no way to get Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla and Godzilla Final Wars mixed up. For instance, in Kitamura's film it's made clear that the Xilliens' attack is the first alien invasion on Earth.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

Oh you two. I mean, you're both intelligent, productive members, why are you so bitter to each other?

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Gawdziller wrote:
IT'S THE PUNCH! IT'S BEEN SPIKED!
I wonder why it tastes weird... must... resist... the urge... to... KILL!
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan