Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus

Post by MaxRebo320 »

antovald20 wrote:Maybe one day IDW will turn this into a mini-series.
What was that bumping for?
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Living Corpse wrote:Poor Varan. The guy keeps getting pushed aside for other monsters like King Ghidorah and Mothra. At least he got to be in two movies, more if you count stock footage and got to be in some games, even playable in GU and actually got into a cool fight with an anti kaiju plane in the Godzilla 2000 book.
I fixed that for you...for truth!
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Living Corpse wrote:No you broke it. I mean he and Bagan are alike because they keep getting pushed aside for other monsters.
Oh. Doy! :-x
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Gojiiiiii
Young Farmer

Post by Gojiiiiii »

I wish Toho made this movie! :cry:

Don't get me wrong, GMK is friggen awesome.

But, it would have been nice to see Varan again.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

At this point Toho should just hire Kaneko and give him total creative control to make his own Godzilla film.

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

tenup wrote:At this point Toho should just hire Kaneko and give him total creative control to make his own Godzilla film.
Uh, what about the American reboot?

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

tenup doesn't believe in the Legendary Film. Let him believe what he wants.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

tenup wrote:At this point Toho should just hire Kaneko and give him total creative control to make his own Godzilla film.
Screw film, how about series?
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

It could of been interesting to see this movie instead of GMK. Especially to see how Varan and Anguirus would of fought
Godzilla or just to see them in action again.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

MothraLeo96
Ronin

Post by MothraLeo96 »

This would have been much more interesting than GMK. first off, i really hate the whole idea of king ghidorah as a "good guy." he is and will forever be a "three headed space demon" in my eyes. i also think this movie did a really crappy representation of mothra. the only thing about her that's similar to all the other versions of mothra is the name and the cry. since baragon, varan, and anguirus are all earth monsters and have no telepathic abilities like mothra and ghidorah they would have suited the film much better. plus these were all monsters that never saw a role in the Hesei series. plus it would be godzilla's first fight with varan (and varan's first fight since he doesn't do a thing in DAM)!! its truly a shame the movie turned out to what it is today.

Gojiiiiii
Young Farmer

Post by Gojiiiiii »

MothraLeo96 wrote:This would have been much more interesting than GMK. first off, i really hate the whole idea of king ghidorah as a "good guy." he is and will forever be a "three headed space demon" in my eyes. i also think this movie did a really crappy representation of mothra. the only thing about her that's similar to all the other versions of mothra is the name and the cry. since baragon, varan, and anguirus are all earth monsters and have no telepathic abilities like mothra and ghidorah they would have suited the film much better. plus these were all monsters that never saw a role in the Hesei series. plus it would be godzilla's first fight with varan (and varan's first fight since he doesn't do a thing in DAM)!! its truly a shame the movie turned out to what it is today.
I couldn't agree more :)

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Me too, though I would want Manda or Bagan rather than Anguirus. I don't see Anguirus as a god and mythological monster.
Yooo 8-)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:Me too, though I would want Manda or Bagan rather than Anguirus. I don't see Anguirus as a god and mythological monster.
Manda, Baragon and Varan would have made GMK perfect to me. Godzilla vs Varan in that last battle would have been crazy.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

To be fair of this movie was made and we were told that king ghidorah or mothra was going to be in it but were not, we would all be like GMK would have been better with geedra and mothra eeehhhhhh!!!!!!

Anywho, has anyone considered that anguirus would have possibly had a beam attack. I mean they did it with rodan, why not anguirus. He would of had spirit bomb and then prob a mouth beam, possibly electricity based maybe.
Personally I would have liked to see this movie as well, but it should of been called Godzilla vs obscure monsters and also have maguma cameo lol.

But seriously has anyone seen the model of anguirus for this movie, it looks incredible! Prob one of my fav designs and of course it wasn't used. Seems like everything goes that way
Resized Image

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Beef Bigshot wrote:To be fair of this movie was made and we were told that king ghidorah or mothra was going to be in it but were not, we would all be like GMK would have been better with geedra and mothra eeehhhhhh!!!!!!

Anywho, has anyone considered that anguirus would have possibly had a beam attack. I mean they did it with rodan, why not anguirus. He would of had spirit bomb and then prob a mouth beam, possibly electricity based maybe.
Personally I would have liked to see this movie as well, but it should of been called Godzilla vs obscure monsters and also have maguma cameo lol.

But seriously has anyone seen the model of anguirus for this movie, it looks incredible! Prob one of my fav designs and of course it wasn't used. Seems like everything goes that way
Well a Dinosaur as a Guardian Monster Deity doesn't mix for me. That's why I would've preferred Manda or Bagan. Either way, the whole original concept sounds superior to the result and final product.
Yooo 8-)

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Beef Bigshot wrote:we would all be like GMK would have been better with geedra and mothra eeehhhhhh!!!!!!
I don't think so at all. Fans really seem to dislike that Ghidorah is playing a good role. I doubt anyone would be clamoring for his inclusion if Kaneko's original idea had gone before the cameras.

I'm not really fond of the Baragon, Angilas and Varan idea. I think it might have just been better if Kaneko had created new characters, though that definitely wouldn't have happened.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

CTHimes wrote:
Beef Bigshot wrote:we would all be like GMK would have been better with geedra and mothra eeehhhhhh!!!!!!
I don't think so at all. Fans really seem to dislike that Ghidorah is playing a good role. I doubt anyone would be clamoring for his inclusion if Kaneko's original idea had gone before the cameras.

I'm not really fond of the Baragon, Angilas and Varan idea. I think it might have just been better if Kaneko had created new characters, though that definitely wouldn't have happened.
Well, the desire to include Baragon, Angilas and Varan definitely comes from the fanboy side of Kaneko, and I think a fannish lack of objectivity was going to taint this movie in any iteration.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Tyler wrote:I'd take more of that over Toho getting in the way.
Oh, believe me, I'll be among the first to scream, "You shoulda brought Angilas back!"
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

You mean angwuirus right?
Resized Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Beef Bigshot wrote:You mean angwuirus right?
I mean Angiras.

You hear me, Toho? That's the spelling that best approximates your pronunication! I don't know what you think the letter "u" does in English, but it has no business in the middle of Angilas's name, or Mogera's!

Really, since it's derived from ankylosaurus, the most logical English spelling would be Ankylas.