Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus

Post by Godzillasaurus »

If the movie made it into cinema, I personally believe that Baragon (like you said) would have kept his original role. Varan would have probably taken the role that Mothra did, and Anguirus would have taken the role that King Ghidorah did.

gojizilla97
Monarch Researcher

Post by gojizilla97 »

I say they should've made that movie. Varan has not appeared since his cameo in Destroy all monsters.
Bond. James Bond.

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

I love GMK as it is, but I also would've loved to have seen the original concept done as well! I really like the unused Anguirus design as well, its too bad they didn't at least use that version for Final Wars. I'm not a big fan of the 2004 version that we did get. Some of you may have already seen my sculpts, but those who haven't, I made a sculpture diaroma of the original 2001 movie concept!

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Although I really disliked how Ghidorah was portrayed in the film, I think the battles we did have are more exciting compared to what would have been almost all tooth claw melee.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Whoa, AWN is posting outside of fan games.....*falls of chair

Anywho I've speculated that maybe anguirus had a beam attack I'n that movie, rodan got one, why not anguirus. Also he prob would of had the spirit bomb as well. Maybe varan would of had a beam as well. Sadly we will never no.

Also does anyone else REALLY want to see more of that anguirus incarnation. I've taken to calling it "royal anguirus" because it just looks like it, like a king!
Resized Image

Jory
Monarch Researcher

Post by Jory »

Unlike a lot of other fans, I wasn't bothered by seeing Ghidorah as a good guy and working alongside Mothra. I actually like how the constant reboots of the Millennium series gave the filmmakers the freedom to try new things like that. I frankly found it refreshing.

Having said that, in pretty much all of the Ghidorah and Mothra scenes, you can tell that Kaneko's heart isn't really into it. I don't think it's a coincidence that the fight between Godzilla and Baragon is easily the best in the film. Seeing the return of Varan would have been great; just imagine that guy flying around the skyscrapers of Tokyo in the final battle scene, with the special effects they had available. As for Anguirus, I liked the design they were planning to use more than the design that was used in Final Wars.

So it's easy to say that Toho should have backed off Kaneko a bit and let him use the monsters he wanted to use, but on the other hand, forcing him to use the two most popular monsters after Godzilla was a good business strategy that probably saved the Millennium series. Orga and Megaguirus didn't exactly set the box office on fire.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

^I know right? They should've brought him back instead of reusing and recycling Mothra and Ghidorah.
Yooo 8-)

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

i declare an other godzilla movie! called GVA! and toho can forget to put baragon in the title again!