Talkback: Godzilla 2000 Millennium (1999)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Re: Talkback: Godzilla 2000 Millennium (1999)

Post by darthzilla99 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:The fact that the movie doesn't really focuse on Orga's motives makes Godzilla look like a massive jerk, just comin out da sea to whip up on some poor ass, hunchbacked alien who just woke up.
Last time Godzilla did not go on the offensive, the ship blasted him earlier in the film. In Godzilla's mind, he's not going to make the same mistake. So he went offensive this time.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:Well, the Millenian UFO did ATTACK some helicopters, at one point. So, not entirely innocent, I guess.
But didn't Biollante destroy some tanks too? And wasn't she the "good" monster?

If you ask me, those helicopters flew too close to the ship ;) :P
Fair enough. Maybe he was a little cranky and that was just collateral, I guess. :roll:
darthzilla99 wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:The fact that the movie doesn't really focuse on Orga's motives makes Godzilla look like a massive jerk, just comin out da sea to whip up on some poor ass, hunchbacked alien who just woke up.
Last time Godzilla did not go on the offensive, the ship blasted him earlier in the film. In Godzilla's mind, he's not going to make the same mistake. So he went offensive this time.
Pretty much. Godzilla stare at the ship and didn't attack. He didn't UNTIL, the ship attacked itself.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Han shoots Orga first in the Japanese version.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Space Hunter M wrote:Han shoots Orga first in the Japanese version.
Oh LEL. Someone make an edit about that. :lol:
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Godzilla as an agressor isn't uncommon. He/she went after Rodan, Biollante, and Titanosaurus for no seeming reason. Titanosaurus had done no harm to Godzilla that we know of, but Godzilla still shows up out of nowhere to blast Titanosaurus with his bad breath. It might be a territorial nature, and Godzilla just wanted to get rid of an enemy he knew had power to hurt him.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Well, it can be given for Rodan. Biollante could be because she 'called' Godzilla and he 'sensed' her like Dr. Shirigami said in the movie, apparently. And with Titanosaurus, like you said, he was destroying the town, and since Godzilla was the 'hero' compared to other movies AND he is territorial, he attacked with that reasoning.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Yeah; Titanosaurus is a villain beset by late '70s superhero Godzilla.

In the case of G2000, Shinoda and Katagiri both agree he's come for revenge on the flying saucer. It also, you know, just broadcast its intent to dominate Earth across every screen in Tokyo, so it's not like Orga's just minding his own business.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Orga HAD an intent; to TAKE OVER. If he succeded, then most likely he'd have continued to its plans, maybe destroyed the entirety of the country.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Giga Kaiju wrote:Umm, in the American or Japanese OST's?

Because if it is the american, then It is by J. Peter Robinson. An specially made track for the movie's US release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrNiz2C7_0s
nah, i don't think so.

around 7:08 in this you can hear the distinct sounds that i'm looking for. it's almost like you're in an eerie jungle or something.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

I don't notice any difference. It sounds EXACTLY as the track. If hear carefully, it is the same.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Is it me or has the forum really gone kaput lately. I havent been on in a while but I remember it being so lively.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

It isn't just you. Before, MORE member were here and posted about stuff more often than now. Real life, jobs, family and such are the cause for it.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Ahhh ok. I find this place for me to be my window out of the world if you will. Kids are asleep, wifes asleep, i forget about my job and relax and chat godzilla.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Hehe. Different backgrounds, similar hobbies at that. :lol:

But yeah, that's the reason of it. I, before, left for awhile because of personal and school reasons and only returned now because of the lack of Godzilla talks in my life, and TK provides that and then some. ;)

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Stevo_1985 wrote:Is it me or has the forum really gone kaput lately. I havent been on in a while but I remember it being so lively.
There were a couple attacks by hackers, and a good amount of members left the site after that. There are also quite a few who used to be pretty active but are now mostly inactive, only getting on rarely. And there are those who left due to no longer having much interest in the site. So yeah, 2015 has been kind of a down-year for site activity. Still though, I'm glad this place is as active as it is, as even in its less-active state, it's far more active than any other Godzilla forum. Though I am hoping that the 2016 and 2018 films drum up more interest and give us some new members to up the activity again.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I use to visit another site, and our discussions would sometimes become less active. Then it would go back to previous levels. I think we'll be the same way, and things will pick up. The new films may well be the key to that.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

There is still some level of activity, but not as past years. Maybe with the upcoming movies, rumors and news of Godzilla will bring new members. Seems possible.

kindred.dread
Ronin

Post by kindred.dread »

It's been a long while, but I don't recall liking this film. The special effects really bother me, they're just so bad when they're not using traditional effects. Normally this isn't an issue when it's just suitmation and miniatures, but you've got that pathetic green screen and the horrible scene of Godzilla swimming underwater. The plot also isn't particularly standout to me but that isn't to say it's bad either. That's what sums up this whole movie, in fact... it's not bad or good, it just feels somewhat low-key, by the numbers, and rushed.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Was never a fan. I felt it could have been alot better. Someone jog my memory was this the one where the inserted the new g suit into the old 54 film. Its been so long since ive watched any of the milinia series.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Stevo_1985 wrote:Was never a fan. I felt it could have been alot better. Someone jog my memory was this the one where the inserted the new g suit into the old 54 film. Its been so long since ive watched any of the milinia series.
No, that is Megaguirus though since it uses the same suit I can see how you'd confuse the two.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"