Deadliest Monster Millennium

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Irys X
Interpol Agent

Re: Deadliest Monster Millennium

Post by Irys X »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: Hedorah didn't explode in GFW, though. When the film cuts back to the Xilien Leader's reaction to the fight, you can hear Hedorah roaring. He lived, and so did Ebirah. The only thing that beam did was push the building that Hedorah and Ebirah were up against into another building, which then caused the two buildings to explode.

As for the power of GFW Godzilla's beam...yeah, it freakin' sucks in terms of power.
Oi. They exploded both because of the beam and the building. And the fact that his beam is powerful enough to shoot two monsters halfway across the city is pretty self explanatory. GODZILLA FINAL WARS"S BEAM DOES MORE THAN PUSH. It blows things up all the time in the movie. He destroyed a meteor with it! That wasnt just push. Anywyay, yeah, gotta be a better argument than that.
My Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla stop motion movie -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshhA8BWuLw

Rodan vs. F-22 Raptor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3V02iy_Xw

Wrath of Mechagodzilla - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xHP8C_vWw

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

They exploded both because of the beam and the building.
That beam didn't explode anything. It pushed the building into another building, which then caused both buildings to explode. And since you can hear Hedorah and Ebirah's roars afterwards, its obvious that even that didn't kill them.
And the fact that his beam is powerful enough to shoot two monsters halfway across the city is pretty self explanatory.
It pushed them, but there's no evidence to say that it hurt them.
GODZILLA FINAL WARS"S BEAM DOES MORE THAN PUSH. It blows things up all the time in the movie.
And the things that it did blow up were INCREDIBLY fragile, such as Gigan's head, Zilla and Keizer Ghidorah.
He destroyed a meteor with it!
...No, he didn't. The meteor crashed into Tokyo. That's why there was that huge ass crater. The only thing that beam did was possibly slow the meteor down.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Brian4205
Monsterland Worker

Post by Brian4205 »

^ Uh yeah, he did blow it up in the atmosphere, I don't know what the crater was from, but Godzilla wouldn't be standing there willy nilly in the center if the asteroid did crash on top of him. That's also why Monster x had to float down.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Brian4205 wrote:^ Uh yeah, he did blow it up in the atmosphere, I don't know what the crater was from, but Godzilla wouldn't be standing there willy nilly in the center if the asteroid did crash on top of him. That's also why Monster x had to float down.
There was a crater there...because the meteor crashed right there. That's also why there was that big ass explosion in the middle of downtown Tokyo. And the reason that Godzilla was just standing there is because he's freakin' Godzilla. He's survived worse.

So yeah, the meteor did crash into downtown Tokyo.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Keizer Ghidorah was incredibly fragile?? Talk about your glass cannons...

Anyway, perhaps they weren't fragile. Maybe Godzilla was f***ing strong. That was the impression that I got...

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

RedZillaKing wrote:Keizer Ghidorah was incredibly fragile?? Talk about your glass cannons...

Anyway, perhaps they weren't fragile. Maybe Godzilla was f***ing strong. That was the impression that I got...
...No. Just about every single kaiju in GFW could hardly take more than one hit without falling over in pain or dying. As I've said, GFW Godzilla's ray is not that strong, because it's mostly all kinetic force, with little to no explosive force at all. Sure, it killed kaiju, but it's still almost all kinetic and little explosive. That tells you that those kaiju which died in one hit (like Gigan, Zilla and a head of Keizer Ghidorah) are just incredibly fragile.

Then there's kaiju like Rodan, Anguirus and King Ceasar, all of which were knocked out in one hit. Rodan was knocked out by getting hit with Anguirus. Anguirus was knocked out by hitting a hill. And King Ceasar was knocked out by hitting his head on a hill. To me, if a kaiju is knocked out by hitting a mound of rocks, then that's a weak kaiju. Especially since Godzilla did next to nothing in that fight. Rodan, Anguirus and King Ceasar basically did it to themselves.

In terms of the strength of Godzilla's, GFW Godzilla is only average. No where near as powerful as Godzilla's like Heisei, Late Showa or GXM.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

kaiju_wars wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
Brian4205 wrote:^ Uh yeah, he did blow it up in the atmosphere, I don't know what the crater was from, but Godzilla wouldn't be standing there willy nilly in the center if the asteroid did crash on top of him. That's also why Monster x had to float down.
There was a crater there...because the meteor crashed right there. That's also why there was that big ass explosion in the middle of downtown Tokyo. And the reason that Godzilla was just standing there is because he's freakin' Godzilla. He's survived worse.

So yeah, the meteor did crash into downtown Tokyo.

According to Kaiju HQ, the meteor slowed down by Godzilla beam, and Big-G's beam made it explode right before impact. The explosion was just close enough to the ground that it caused a crater.
If it exploded right before impact, then the crater wouldn't have been as big as it was. Sure, there would have been a crater, but the one in the film was freakin' huge. Also, a meteor of that size would not have made an explosion that small if it exploded right before impact. If it did explode like that, the explosion would have been MUCH bigger. And there would have been debris flying everywhere.

The way the film shows it, what with how it zooms right into Godzilla's face (which we can assume is the meteor's perspective), makes it look like the meteor hits Tokyo.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

kaiju_wars wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
kaiju_wars wrote:

According to Kaiju HQ, the meteor slowed down by Godzilla beam, and Big-G's beam made it explode right before impact. The explosion was just close enough to the ground that it caused a crater.
If it exploded right before impact, then the crater wouldn't have been as big as it was. Sure, there would have been a crater, but the one in the film was freakin' huge. Also, a meteor of that size would not have made an explosion that small if it exploded right before impact. If it did explode like that, the explosion would have been MUCH bigger. And there would have been debris flying everywhere.

The way the film shows it, what with how it zooms right into Godzilla's face (which we can assume is the meteor's perspective), makes it look like the meteor hits Tokyo.

Ok true, but this is a movie, and in like all movies, points like that are exagerated. Think about it, Godzilla's ray is supposed to be all powerful, this meteor is freaking huge, then the atmosphere, that all leads up to a pretty big explosion. I will give you points for that the crater was to big, but then you lose them for taking this movie way to seriously. It's a Godzilla movie... everything is overly exagerated. Yes, the crater is to big, but then, the fact it is a movie, and the fact of the ray, meteor size, and atmosphere, all lead up to one big explosion. And one big explosion, can have a pretty big crater. Plus, there will be debris flying everywhere regardless if the meteor struck Earth or not.
I don't care if this is a film or not. The fact remains that the meteor did not explode in the atmosphere or even close to impact. The meteor actually did crash into Tokyo. That was indicated by the explosion with no debris, the big crater and the zoom-in on Godzilla's face from the meteor's perspective.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

kaiju_wars wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
I don't care if this is a film or not. The fact remains that the meteor did not explode in the atmosphere or even close to impact. The meteor actually did crash into Tokyo. That was indicated by the explosion with no debris, the big crater and the zoom-in on Godzilla's face from the meteor's perspective.
Okay, you do make a couple of valid points, but again, THIS IS A MOVIE. MOVIES DON'T HAVE TO BE A HUNDRED PERCENT WITH PHYSICS AND FACTS. They are allowed to exagerate. I have a source that says the meteor exploded in the atmosphere. But now, I have to ask, do you have a source that says it impacted with Earth?
A. Again, I don't care if it's a film or not. Pulling out that excuse is basically just saying that the film didn't do its research, which would make a lot of sense with GFW. Besides, my suspension of dis-belief allows me to say that monsters like Godzilla can exist. It does not allow me to say that physics should be completely thrown out the window, and that explosions should behave completely differently.
B. Then the source you have is wrong.
C. Yeah, I have a source. It's called the film itself. And with the way that the scene goes, the film indicates the meteor crashed into Tokyo.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

You clearly haven't been to Kaiju HQ, if you have been to the website, BEFORE IT BEGAN SHUTTING DOWN, you would know, that the owner knows what he is talking about
Even people who know what they're talking about can be wrong.
Your whole argument is that it zoomed in, so it hit the ground. So, if I take a video of my dog, and zoom in on her, to where it is right on her (my camcorder has some good zoom) that I am hitting my dog. No, I could be 10 feet away and do that.
...That's not how film works.

If it zooms into the point where it's right next to something, about to hit it, and then everything goes white, with the next shot being a huge ass explosion, then the film is indicating that that thing hit its target and exploded.

That zoom-in was the meteor's perspective. Meaning it got all the way to Godzilla. Judging by what follows, we can come to the conclusion that the meteor hit Tokyo.

Seriously, this is not that hard to comprehend! :roll:

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Wow, you still don't get it, you are sayin the meteor zooms in where it is on Godzilla, so again, using my dog as an example, she has white fur. If I ZOOM, in all the way, where all you see is white, does that mean, I am right on top of my dog, hitting her? The answer is NO. Because I ZOOMED IN. I can't believe this is that hard to understand!?
No, you're not getting it. You're viewing this as a film from the perspective of a camera. I'm viewing this from within the world of the film, where there is no camera, only the meteor. Nothing is zooming in, only the meteor getting closer to Godzilla. The meteor is not staying in one spot, it's getting closer to Godzilla.
WHAT?!
Let me use an example: The people who said the Earth was flat. Those people knew what they were talking about, at least they thought they knew what they were talking about. But, they were wrong. We know that the Earth is round, yet the people who said it was flat still believed in what they were saying.

Or hell, take any two Physicists from around the world, and both could make a case for the formation of the known universe. Both know what they're talking about, but one has to be wrong. Maybe even both of them are wrong.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Refresh my memory... Did Godzilla get knocked down by the alleged meteor impact?

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

You can't use logic against GXG when it comes to Final Wars, he'd let people die before admitting that FW Kaiju are strong.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

MechaZillaClone
GPN Volunteer

Post by MechaZillaClone »

Keizer Ghidorah or Kiryu on a rampage are tied for me
Shadow Arena
Wins-0
Losses-2

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

What? The FW argument is on here too? Wow.

Anyway, deadliest monster goes to GMK Godzilla or Megaguirus for me.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Regardless of GxG's opinion of FW kaiju, kaiju_wars lack of understanding of basic cinematic language is fucking mind boggling.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Godzillaprime05
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillaprime05 »

By saying GMK has no.remorse implies every other incarnation of Godzilla went home and said "OH MY. GOD! WHAT HAVE I DONE?" Yeah I say Kaiser Godzilla and going out on a limb here: Gigan could have been if he wasn't a moron. He had good weapons and used them.well until he did something stupid.
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Godzillaprime05 wrote:By saying GMK has no.remorse implies every other incarnation of Godzilla went home and said "OH MY. GOD! WHAT HAVE I DONE?" Yeah I say Kaiser Godzilla and going out on a limb here: Gigan could have been if he wasn't a moron. He had good weapons and used them.well until he did something stupid.
Gigan was very susceptible to heat and explosions. A very fragile kaiju if you ask me. A pity too... I like that design.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Godzillaprime05
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillaprime05 »

Gigan was very susceptible to heat and explosions.
He seemed more susceptible to himself than anything else. Standing around while Godzilla shot at him and turning his back ON HIS OWN WEAPONS, to me were the things that killed him.
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

Godzillaprime05 wrote:
Gigan was very susceptible to heat and explosions.
He seemed more susceptible to himself than anything else. Standing around while Godzilla shot at him and turning his back ON HIS OWN WEAPONS, to me were the things that killed him.

Mothra would've crashed him anyways. Though I agree, Gigan is one overconfident kaiju.