Favorite Godzilla Design

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Favorite Godzilla suit from Millenium?

Godzilla 2000- vs. Megaguirus
31%
GMK
32%
Godzilla X MechaGodzilla- Tokyo S.O.S.
19%
Godzilla Final Wars
17%

Total votes: 339

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: Favorite Godzilla Design

Post by 1tisoygoji »

three wrote:
1tisoygoji wrote:1984. The spine arrangement makes it unique and I just love the way the head and face look.
The eyes looked really sick too when they weren't fugly-looking.
it's only Millennium suit designs, unfortunately. the title should be edited.
Whoops. My bad.
My favorite Millennium suit would either be 2000 or 2002/3. They're really close in my book and just love the overall aesthetic of the suits.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

The S.O.S one. The first Toho Godzilla I saw.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

For me, it's a toss-up between G2000 and GMK. G2000 gets my vote for nostalgia purposes, since that film and Final Wars are the only Millennium films I saw when I was a kid. :g2k:

Omega T-Rex
Ronin

Post by Omega T-Rex »

my favorite godzilla design is and always will be Miregoji :g2k:
Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

GMK. It really lets you know of the fact that Godzilla isn't fucking around and, even with the potbelly, it's still a great standard design for Godzilla
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

FalconZ
Monarch Researcher

Post by FalconZ »

It's amazing how every suit in the poll, excluding the GMK design are all my top three favorite overall suits, with the 1970's Showa suit coming in fourth.
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
FalconZ wrote:People putting words in my mouth.
Be thankful words are the only things being put in your mouth

Kaijugriffey
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kaijugriffey »

I like the Kiryu suit best I think. The GMK would have scored higher but I just can't stand those clouded over milky white eyes. They make the suit look dead.

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Post by GigaGoji »

My favorite millennium Godzilla suit design would have to be MireGoji. Just from Godzilla 2000 though, I didn't like the changes they made with the suit in Godzila vs. Megaguirus, they should have kept it how it was in Godzilla 2000.

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

GigaGoji wrote:My favorite millennium Godzilla suit design would have to be MireGoji. Just from Godzilla 2000 though, I didn't like the changes they made with the suit in Godzila vs. Megaguirus, they should have kept it how it was in Godzilla 2000.
Not too bad; it's only 6 votes behind the SokogekiGoji. Lets see if there are more out there that favor the MireGoji.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Post by GigaGoji »

skuzzy-punk-kid wrote:
GigaGoji wrote:My favorite millennium Godzilla suit design would have to be MireGoji. Just from Godzilla 2000 though, I didn't like the changes they made with the suit in Godzila vs. Megaguirus, they should have kept it how it was in Godzilla 2000.
Not too bad; it's only 6 votes behind the SokogekiGoji. Lets see if there are more out there that favor the MireGoji.
Yep, we'll just have to wait and see if MireGoji can beat SokogekiGoji.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

KiryuGoji. Combines the new jagged spikes design with the original colors.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

The Falcon Mech Z
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Falcon Mech Z »

Personally I liked the Godzilla X Mechagodzilla design best.
This post was made to raise Varan awareness. Have you or a loved one ever had a piece of your soul taken from you? Then come fill that gap in your already empty soul with our best buddy Varan!

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

GigaGoji wrote:
skuzzy-punk-kid wrote:
Yep, we'll just have to wait and see if MireGoji can beat SokogekiGoji.
The vote's 72 to 77 as of 22 Oct 2015 @ 0949 hrs CT.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Post by GigaGoji »

skuzzy-punk-kid wrote: The vote's 72 to 77 as of 22 Oct 2015 @ 0949 hrs CT.
Gotcha.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

GMK, but barely. I like GxMG's's design over 2000's , because of the head. If it were more Heisei in appearance and had more life to it, it would top my list. But GMK? The flaws only lend to the bitter old crotchety grandfather that gets angry for the young'uns treating him with disrespect or downright ignoring him. The mystical three want to put him and the souls from the fallen to rest, which can't happen until people stop ignoring the past.

I love the redesign of 2000, but the character of GMK really makes it top the other one. The design is average , simple and humble, while 2000 is the extreme 90's redesign that's wild. It le

I'm actually tying GxMG and 2000 behind GMK. SOS was OK, but not by much.

Dannybeane
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dannybeane »

G2k suit, it looks fierce. The GMK suit looks like garbage in my opinion. The Kiryu suits looked alright but something about the face always bugged me and the GFW suit was too thin.

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Post by GigaGoji »

Dannybeane wrote:G2k suit, it looks fierce. The GMK suit looks like garbage in my opinion. The Kiryu suits looked alright but something about the face always bugged me and the GFW suit was too thin.
We pretty much have the same opinion on the Millennium suits. :lol:

bugmolly
Monsterland Worker

Post by bugmolly »

My favorite design is G2K, i love the ratical departure from Charcoal grey with bone white spines to dark green (my favorite color) with purple spines and even the orange breath, i also love the more dinosaurian look of G2K.
GxMG - sos is a close second because its what i see as a modernized Godzilla, also the scar on his chest is bad ass
GMK is good to i like the more paranormal aspects, but i do feel the suit its self is WAY to overated and i never understood why people always say its so much like the 54 suit, it looks nothing like it at all.
GFW is ok

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Something about kiryugoji's proportions and snout have always put me off.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I've always flipped-flopped on the G2000 suit vs the Kiryu saga design.

I think GMK is my favorite Millennium suit overall, even given how unconventional it looks.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.