Favorite Godzilla Design

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Favorite Godzilla suit from Millenium?

Godzilla 2000- vs. Megaguirus
31%
GMK
32%
Godzilla X MechaGodzilla- Tokyo S.O.S.
20%
Godzilla Final Wars
17%

Total votes: 340

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Favorite Godzilla Design

Post by Zarm »

Godzilla 2000/Megaguirus. Iconic in the same way that vs. King Kong, the 70s version, and latter Heisei were; it managed to capture a memorable and distinct vision that felt perfectly emblematic of an era. This is the one that I have on my desk at work.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I'm stuck between the KiryuGoji, GMKGoji and FinalGoji suits. These are my favorite Milennium suits.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

Godzilla 2000, it's one of my favorite designs ever, and it's also super nostalgic. I actually loved the purple dorsal plates and the orange breath, it just seemed to work. It came out right after GINO and it was sort of a reset for me at the time, like, THIS is Godzilla.

For what it's worth, I despise the GMK design. I know that's like heresy around here, I just never got into it the beer gut, giant ass feet and Godzilla being deliberately evil.
Last edited by scottzilla on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jory
Monarch Researcher

Post by Jory »

2000. They hit it out of the park with that one.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

10 years ago my favorite millennium design would've been G2K, FW Goji was also my favorite at one point.
Ultimately though I've grown fond of the Kiryu Saga design, he mixes the features of G2K with more traditional ones. not to mention the suit/animatronics used gave him a great amount of facial expressions.
I like G2K, but I really don't like the way they recolored him in Megaguirus.
Something about GMK doesn't sit right with me, the arms seem thinner than usual, I know G54 (and shin) had those, but I feel like the original somehow pulled them off better.
GFW Godzilla used to rank high for me, but his small spines look strange to me now, his face looks off sometimes, and the large brows make it hard to even see his eyes. Did the GFW suit even have eyelids?
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

G1G4N_27
Yojimbo

Post by G1G4N_27 »

My favorite is Godzilla: Final Wars. Why? GFW was THE Godzilla movie for year old me.

Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
My favorite is Godzilla: Final Wars. Why? GFW was THE Godzilla movie for year old me.

Added in 54 seconds:
Godzilla Final Wars. Why? it was THE Godzilla movie for 3 year old me.
G1G4N_27
ImageImageImage

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

As much as I can appreciate just how haunting the GMK suit is, my favorite design from the Millennium series has to be the kiryu-goji suit. It has to be the most proportional suit of any millennium design. It has just the right amount of bulk in the body, I liked the larger/jagged spines painted in that dull silver and of course the really long tail. I've stated this before in another thread but this suit really reminds me of the 64 suit in some ways with the bell shaped body, the exaggerated breast bone and the face. This suit just hits all the right notes for me. It took the best elements of the G2k suit and made them better and it was a more edgier predecessor to the Final Wars suit
Last edited by Panther10 on Sat May 19, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Honestly, I love all the Millenium suits. Gmk was the only one I had a problem with 10 years ago, but with age its grown on me a lot. All in all, each millennium design was awesome in its own way.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I’m a big fan of the GxMG/SOS suit. It’s like the G2K look but a little more refined and less crazy. I think the posture is a big thing for me too - to me, that very upright posture combined with the head and dorsal fins is what creates the specific ‘Godzilla’ feel.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

As much as I loved GMK and the ferocious possessed look they give him, I have to go with ol' KiryuGoji. It was one of the first Godzilla suits I ever saw, and I just love everything about it: the face, the spines, the scutes, the weight. It all comes together to create what I think is one of the most formidable looking Godzillas ever.
I also have the vinyl toy at home, too, so there's that.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Titanoterror98 wrote:As much as I loved GMK and the ferocious possessed look they give him, I have to go with ol' KiryuGoji. It was one of the first Godzilla suits I ever saw, and I just love everything about it: the face, the spines, the scutes, the weight. It all comes together to create what I think is one of the most formidable looking Godzillas ever.
I also have the vinyl toy at home, too, so there's that.
I think what makes KiryuGoji work so well is it's not too extreme. Like, I'd argue it's the "Heisei Suit" of the Millennium Series because it's very basic but, because of that, it works so well to create something that's very "Godzilla". It's not my *personal* favorite, but it's a definitive look, in my opinion.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I don't really like bird-like aspect of KiryuGoji, but I'm okay with it as a choice, because I want to see Godzilla re-designed frequently, and can't expect every variant to be to my taste.

However, I also find the face on that suit extremely plastic-y, which bugs me.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker wrote:I don't really like bird-like aspect of KiryuGoji, but I'm okay with it as a choice, because I want to see Godzilla re-designed frequently, and can't expect every variant to be to my taste.

I get what you mean about the plastic-y, but what do you mean by the bird-like aspect?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Last edited by Red-Death Gigan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:
eabaker wrote:I don't really like bird-like aspect of KiryuGoji, but I'm okay with it as a choice, because I want to see Godzilla re-designed frequently, and can't expect every variant to be to my taste.

I get what you mean about the plastic-y, but what do you mean by the bird-like aspect?
The muzzle has kind of a beak shape. I know I'm not the first person to point this out, but I guess I was over-estimating how common that comparison is; I kind of thought it was what the suit was known for.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

The muzzle has kind of a beak shape. I know I'm not the first person to point this out, but I guess I was over-estimating how common that comparison is; I kind of thought it was what the suit was known for.
Oh I see what you're saying. Guess I never saw it that way. But now that you mention it I definitely see it.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Maritonic wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Oh I see what you're saying. Guess I never saw it that way. But now that you mention it I definitely see it.
Hmm... I always thought it looked more wolf-like, but I guess that from the side it does look a bit like a bird of prey. And I have to agree with eabaker on the plastic-y look, too. Looking back (no pun intented), Godzilla was kind of stiff in those movies wasn't he?
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

The GMK version of Godzilla is the King of the Monsters at his most intimidating. The white eyes, the permanent snarl, the sheer muscle mass, all of it combines to make a very scary kaiju.

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

I choose G2K Godzilla, GXM-GTS Godzilla, and FW Godzilla. these are My Favourite, specially Godzilla 2004. God, I love that design.
Last edited by Godzilla2004fan on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan