Favorite Godzilla Design

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Favorite Godzilla suit from Millenium?

Godzilla 2000- vs. Megaguirus
31%
GMK
32%
Godzilla X MechaGodzilla- Tokyo S.O.S.
20%
Godzilla Final Wars
17%

Total votes: 340

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Favorite Godzilla Design

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Love Kiryugoji, he may of lacked personality but he still kicked ass like how a godzilla should
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzillafan11
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillafan11 »

1984-95 Heisei Series
Long Live King Of All Monsters Godzilla

BehemothMastodon
GPN Volunteer

Post by BehemothMastodon »

GMK and then Final Goji.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

GMK is great.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Ryguy wrote: Shouldn't you split the first and third options though? Godzilla 2000 is still a more appealing suit than Godzilla 2001, and by a long shot I must add. I hated the lighter tones and more drastic juxtaposition of the Godzilla 2001 suit, but found Godzilla 2000's more subtle green and purple to be more likable
I mean, "Godzilla 2000" is really Godzilla '99. Technically, 2000 is the suit seen in Megaguirus, and 2001 is the GMK suit, and so on and so fourth.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Since picking up the SHMA figure, I've really grown a liking for the GMK suit. The proportions are nice, and the beer-gut doesn't really take away from the suit. The varying textures of the skin really helped this Godzilla look and feel like a living creature, especially with the very expressive animatronic head. The only jarring aspect is that the seam where the spines are removed so the actor can get in is painfully obvious in some shots, something I've only noticed on this particular suit.

Is it true that it was supposed to be used for Godzilla x Mechagodzilla? If so, using Kiryugoji's expressive eyes I think the suit would have looked even better.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Never heard whether or not it was meant to be used in GxMG, but I doubt it - the suit itself is very different from the entire tone of the film that succeeded it, and probably didn't match the director's vision for the movie.

Although, Kiryu does match with GMK, in a way.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KiryuGoji will always be my all time favorite. It's basically MireGoji, but with the correct colors of the skin, dorsal plates and the atomic ray.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

G99 is and will always be my absolute fav.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

My favorite Millennium design will always be GMK. I'm not a fan of the sharpness of the Godzilla 2000s designs. Final Wars gets 2nd place because of the dorsal fins :D.
Resized Image

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

GMK is my favorite design by a mile. Final Wars is my second favorite, because he looks like a badass.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I'll have to give it to the GMK suit too. I know it's often seen as one of the more different designs, but it's actually has a relatively simple look compared to the previous few designs (Burning G, GINO, Millennium). It has a nice, classy retro-dinosaur look to it I really like, and the face is great. I think Kaneko says a lot by going back to the grey skin, white fins and blue breath. The only details that offset this are the white eyes and supercharged atomic breath.

I hope the anime has more of a classic design like this compared to Legendary and Shin (not that I dislike those designs).

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Either MireGoji or KiryuGoji. They're both similar, and I love the sharp looking spines and the slimmer head that both of them have.

FalconZ
Monarch Researcher

Post by FalconZ »

I dislike GMK because he looks overweight. Idk.
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
FalconZ wrote:People putting words in my mouth.
Be thankful words are the only things being put in your mouth

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I love MireGoji, He's so different from anything before him.
I dislike FinalGoji, he's too slim and his head is ugly, specially from profile shots.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

Godzilla Final Wars is my favorite design.

His muscular and not overly bulky body takes the number one spot. I enjoy the cat-like face, and very feline-like gestures which matches his agility.

I also appreciate the more classic-looking dorsal spikes, unlike most millenium designs with their exagerated spikes.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Had to go with MireGoji. The design feels incredibly malleable and could fit just about any direction you could take the character. (Though, I do prefer the more subdued colors he sported in G2K rather than the brighter colors seen in GvMegaguirus).
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Gotta go with GMK here. I really do like the FW suit bur GMK just barely beats it out. The problem with GMK is not the design of the suit but the fact the suit was simply too big for the actor inside. He was forced to hunch over a lot which exaggerated the size of the belly. I hear the suit was nearly 7ft tall. Still I love the eyes and the wicked claws the guy's got.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I agree with cmdmstudios, Miregoji could fit in any direction for the character. It's so sad he only appeared in two films, but I'm glad Toho recognizes the good stuff in that design.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Shoe Yeti
Ronin

Post by Shoe Yeti »

Godzilla 2000- vs. Megaguirus. The suits looked like the Godzilla design from King Kong vs. Godzilla, which was a great design. The big dorsal fins were pretty cool too.