Favorite Godzilla Design

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Favorite Godzilla suit from Millenium?

Godzilla 2000- vs. Megaguirus
31%
GMK
32%
Godzilla X MechaGodzilla- Tokyo S.O.S.
20%
Godzilla Final Wars
17%

Total votes: 340

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Favorite Godzilla Design

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

SokogekiGoji is hands down my favorite, but I can never decide the runner-up. I guess I could say MireGoji, but I love KiryuGoji and FinalGoji as well.

I guess it's a tie.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Changing my vote from a while back to the 2000 suit. I like the reptile-like apperance as well as the natural looking, jagged spines. The extremely spiky skin is another thing I really like about the suit, especially how it gives Godzilla a cobra-like neck.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

FalconZ
Monarch Researcher

Post by FalconZ »

1. G2K
2. Final Wars
3. Tokyo S.O.S
29. GMK

GMK suit is such a hot mess in my opinion.
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
FalconZ wrote:People putting words in my mouth.
Be thankful words are the only things being put in your mouth

Man of Steel
Gotengo Officer

Post by Man of Steel »

I really liked the Final Wars design. There was just something I really liked about it.
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe
that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every
moment - because they'll never come again."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: Generations)

:godzilla: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla:
GO AND FOLLOW MY TUMBLR
http://trexgoesroar.tumblr.com

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

GFW suit being lean with small fins allowed for more speed and articulation. Something I thought we've all begged for since the Showa series....

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Some of why I like FinalGoji is because of that sleekness - they pulled off a thin, muscular Godzilla pretty much perfectly in my opinion. However, the thin design didn't look very good on some of the other FW monsters like Rodan or King Caesar.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

1.SokogekiGoji(GMK)
2.KiryuGoji
3.FinaroGoji
4. MireGoji

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

GMK Goji by far.

It's the only Millennium era design I even like.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

GMK no question for me. I don't care for diamond spikeys.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

I love all the designs, but G2000 is my favorite. I used to hate the spines, but they've grown on me over the years.
1. G2000
2. Final Wars
3. Kiryu Saga
4. GMK

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

It's the head that turns me off the non-GMK Millennium designs.
I just don't think a pointy lizard snout works on Godzilla, it makes him like tacky.

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Out of the millenium movies, g2000. Hands down.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

It's really hard for me to decide, I think all of them are incredibly awesome! The 2000 design is great because of it's fierce look, jagged appearance, and how reptilian it looks. Always reminded me of an edgy, updated KingGoji suit. As much as I like the green skin however, I wish the spike and breath color were the traditional colors.

The GMK design harkens back to the Showa suits which pleases me. It has a very classic look to it while adding a few unconventional touches like the white eyes, big feet, and the beer gut (which thankfully isn't always noticeable). I really like this look as an evil Godzilla, and would love to see it tweaked to be a living version of the King.

The GxMG design is a contender for my favorite Godzilla suit because it combines the more modern millennium design with the classic colors. I didn't care for them making this Godzilla fight like a dope to make Kiryu look better, but that doesn't detract from how cool he looks.

Last but not least, the Final Wars design! Another of my favorites, I really like how he looks like the lean, mean, fighting machine he is. He reminds me of a Showa suit (always a good thing) with his leaner look and smaller spikes, never got the complaints about his face, I think he looks awesome!

In the end I think the millennium suits got better as they went, but they're all very close in my book. They each have their own traits that make them different and awesome looking. :g2k:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Ghidorah84
Ronin

Post by Ghidorah84 »

The GMK design is my favorite. I love how evil he looks with his nasty teeth and white, soulless eyes. I like his hunched over look and the way his spines look as well.

Special mention to G2000 because of his unique look to him. I especially like his jagged spines on his back.

Godzillafan11
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillafan11 »

Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah 1991 and 2000
Long Live King Of All Monsters Godzilla

Neogeddon
Interpol Agent

Post by Neogeddon »

I like the overall look of the G2K and GxM suits the most, but the animatronics in the GMK suit are by far the best and make it my favorite. The moveable eyebrows and lip snarl on it gave it such a menacing personality, whereas the rest kind of have static expressions. I think the GxM suit had moving parts too, but it's not really noticeable. I also really love the boxy head and the huge fangs. If it had ears (like the Godzilla it was meant to be based on!) the head design would have been a solid 10/10 for me.
Now if only its body proportions weren't so..... eugh.
✧ ★ ✦ ★ ✦ ★ ✧
ImageImage

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

^I agree with the static expressions. GMK's suit was pretty well designed, mostly in the head. I do love 2000's design because of nostalgia and the Kiryu saga were good as well. Yet, the suits themselves felt very fake compared to either 2000 or GMK, which were arguably the more convincing of the bunch. The color of GxM's suit was a bit meh, but it was still 2000.

The Final Wars design is good for its film, but the others didn't work that well as some have noted here.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kiryu-Goji. Nice mix of classic and new. GMK is a close second for the same reasons.

Fishheads88
Yojimbo

Post by Fishheads88 »

Honestly I like Godzilla 2014 the best but I would say he looks pretty good in final wars

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
Honestly I like Godzilla 2014 the best but I would say he looks pretty good in final wars

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Fishheads88 wrote:Honestly I like Godzilla 2014 the best but I would say he looks pretty good in final wars

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
I think this is just out of the millennium movies, otherwise I'd agree with you. I voted g2000; great suit.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.