Monster Discussion: Megaguirus

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Monster Discussion: Megaguirus

Post by Godzillian »

When it comes to Megaguirus I think she ends up being better in idea then execution

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzillian wrote:When it comes to Megaguirus I think she ends up being better in idea then execution
i don't think she was that bad. the movie was terrible, but she was an ok monster. the old "A for effort" adage comes to mind.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I really like Megaguirus, my favorite things about her being her stinger and the whole Meganula swarming Godzilla thing.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The best thing about her was that she wasn't some over powered super monster who can one hit KO Godzilla, she had to work and earn her victory (she almost did) just as much as Godzilla did back in the old Showa films.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Definitely a favorite of mine. I like her design and overtly evil personality, how she toyed with Godzilla always stood out to me. Plus of all the insect opponents of Godzilla she had the best fight in my opinion.
Resized Image

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I like the idea behind Megaguirus, though I found her design a little wonky looking. I wish she'd appeared in a different film though. Like a Rodan remake.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

She's a sweet kaiju with an interesting backstory, impressive design and chilling roar. And the way she toys with her enemies is quite clever! Wish she would've been in Final Wars, other than that stock footage of her.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm glad she wasn't. Meg would've been treated as cannon fodder.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Fishheads88
Yojimbo

Post by Fishheads88 »

I though Megaguirus was pretty boss. The only thing is he doesn't look like dragon fly

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Megaguirus rather suddenly became one of my favorites a year ago. I like her design and personality.

daniel
Young Farmer

Re: The Official Megaguirus Thread

Post by daniel »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:It-is-a-topic-about-a-MONSTER no need to lock it!
whyt do you mean by mounting??? riding or having babies with her.

Added in 3 minutes 38 seconds:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:I like the design, like the power, like the concept that the meganulons died after giving her energy, liked Megaguirus in Godzilla Unleashed, like the movie, like that she was one of the monsters that was supposed to be in Godzilla Final Wars.
whyt do you mean by mounting megaguirus?

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

daniel wrote:

GodzillavsZilla wrote:I like the design, like the power, like the concept that the meganulons died after giving her energy, liked Megaguirus in Godzilla Unleashed, like the movie, like that she was one of the monsters that was supposed to be in Godzilla Final Wars.
I don't know, that was years ago.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Fishheads88 wrote:I though Megaguirus was pretty boss. The only thing is he doesn't look like dragon fly
The Meganula did give Meg energy from Godzilla. Some of his DNA could have been introduced as well, causing a mutation in how it looked.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Megaguirus is one of my favorite G villains, she is just so menacing and badass. Put up more of a fight than Mothra.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

daniel
Young Farmer

Post by daniel »

by the way she is my gf

Added in 3 minutes 19 seconds:
megaguirus is cool

Added in 2 minutes 14 seconds:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Megaguirus is one of my favorite G villains, she is just so menacing and badass. Put up more of a fight than Mothra.
but mothra leo is stronger and i think he can defeat megaguirus

Added in 28 seconds:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Megaguirus is one of my favorite G villains, she is just so menacing and badass. Put up more of a fight than Mothra.
but mothra leo is stronger and i think he can defeat megaguirus

Added in 1 minute 58 seconds:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:
daniel wrote:

I don't know, that was years ago.
years ago? how? it says 2017 in main post.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^Wah....you quoted me twice. And I was referring to whenever Mothra fought Godzilla, Leo is different. So Megaguirus is your girlfriend? Um.........okay. :freak:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

To redirect the thread from the previously forthcoming nonsense:

I really dig this beastie. It has a great concept in being a dragonfly that has mosquito like abilities. The prop is wickedly sharp and threatening. I still feel sorry for coffee bro though.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

One question I was thinking about, and maybe people talked about it a few pages ago, but I`m really curious if Megaguirus is supposed to be some sort of Godzilla hybrid. I remember hearing from places, that Megaguirus has some sort of DNA absorption, though it`s more clear it's just energy. However, given that the Meganulon attack Godzilla, and has some features that make it look vaguely like Godzilla (the purpleness, the mouth/head, some of the less insect like features), I wonder if the implication was that Megagurius is a weird Godzilla hybrid, because Godzilla`s energy was used to make it. It`s not just a big Meganula.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I mean, that's what I always thought, the Meganula stole Godzillas DNA and gave it to their queen and she mutated from it.

Is this not the case?
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Stump Feet wrote:I mean, that's what I always thought, the Meganula stole Godzillas DNA and gave it to their queen and she mutated from it.

Is this not the case?
It's debatable whether they got just energy, or energy+DNA from it. They went after Godzilla because he is a large energy source. I forget if it's explicitly stated in film whether it does cause the mutation or not.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/image ... nulon.html
You can see that the Giant Meganulon that spawned Megagurius is different, (it has antenna, and a different mouth), so it's implied. But reading over a lot of online sources, I can't find any explicit confirmation that this is the case.

I feel dumb for this, but I guess I also just never realized Megaguirus was also a Godzilla hybrid like Biollante, SpaceGodzilla and Orga.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.