Tokyo S.O.S Ending: The Cells

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
tymon
Futurian

Re: Tokyo S.O.S Ending

Post by tymon »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:Most things looked better in S.O.S.
Indeed, it's strange how much better Godzilla looks in S.O.S. compared to its prequel.
omgitsgodzilla wrote:Yes. Though if they'd just put Yumiko Shaku in the role of that newscaster in FW
The film would of had some value, in that case.
Tyler wrote:GFW was like someone going through a crack induced seizure.
This seems accurate.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Tyler wrote:GFW was like someone going through a crack induced seizure.
I just didn't like how it was trying so hard to be like an inside joke the entire time to its fans. I by no means "hate" the movie as many do, but it wasn't my type of Godzilla movie. GMK or the Kiryu saga is much preferred (IMHO) in the Millennium series.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Tohosaurus wrote:GMK or the Kiryu saga is much preferred (IMHO) in the Millennium series.
I concur; they're the best out of the Millenniums.

As for FW, someone else summed it up pretty well: It's like they took a bad fan fiction and made it into a movie.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Patrick Alan
Interpol Agent

Post by Patrick Alan »

It was to imply that they were going to make more robotic versions of kaiju, which I'd like to have seen :huge:
The world would be so much nicer if people only used guns on themselves.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Human beings must not touch the threads that are dead.

This kind of ran its course a long time ago. Sorry to armchair mod, but there's really no reason to revive it.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

godzilla96
Samurai

end of tokyo sos

Post by godzilla96 »

if you watch the end of tokyo sos they show a lab with gcells in a storage area. was that just to show godzilla is still alive like they did in the other millinium movies, or was it for a movie they didn't make. because it doesn't match godzilla final wars :g2k:
Godzilla is king of the monsters.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Re: end of tokyo sos

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

A) I think it's meant to show that mankind hasn't truly allowed the original Godzilla to rest in peace and that somewhere down the road they may have the idea to create something else with his DNA. Either way, it's a gloomy bit of foreshadowing.

B) Final Wars has nothing to do with SOS.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It's a convenient exit. They could do another film where Godzilla dna creates a monster.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

godzilla96
Samurai

Post by godzilla96 »

thanks for the info guys :g2k:
Godzilla is king of the monsters.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The question is, what WERE they going to make? The lady on the intercom specifically says "bio formation process of extinct subject". Clone the 1954 Godzilla? Create an entirely new monster? Another bio-robot?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Gyaos wrote:The question is, what WERE they going to make? The lady on the intercom specifically says "bio formation process of extinct subject". Clone the 1954 Godzilla? Create an entirely new monster? Another bio-robot?
Biollante?

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

"A new age will never come, if mankind keeps repeating the same mistakes." *looks around the room*
"A monster can live forever"

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Mincecraft wrote:
Gyaos wrote:The question is, what WERE they going to make? The lady on the intercom specifically says "bio formation process of extinct subject". Clone the 1954 Godzilla? Create an entirely new monster? Another bio-robot?
Biollante?
Cimmerian Dragon wrote:^ Damn, that would have been cool.
Yeah, I think this would be a very interesting story; one I've considered myself. It obviously won't happen as a movie, but maybe a comic or graphic novel?

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Rody wrote:
Mincecraft wrote:
Biollante?
Cimmerian Dragon wrote:^ Damn, that would have been cool.
Yeah, I think this would be a very interesting story; one I've considered myself. It obviously won't happen as a movie, but maybe a comic or graphic novel?
Wanna write a fanfic?

JGAR
Futurian

Re: Tokyo S.O.S Ending: The Cells

Post by JGAR »

I heard somwhere it had something to do with Biollante...
Yooo 8-)

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Ya even I don't have some crazy theories about this one, when I was younger I just thought it was cool and tried to blot out logic( see I was smart back then) but now trying to come up with why Toho put that in there, idk. There's no point. Honestly the end would have been better if you saw Godzilla's eyes open and he stands and roars and you can barely see kiryu in the background. That would have been a badass ending. Kinda like the end of Godzilla vs king ghidorah
Resized Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Living Corpse wrote:Doesn't even need to be Biollante, they could have been trying to make anything out of the G-cells. Hell they used G-cells for Kiryu's bio-computer. Maybe they planed on experimenting with it in zero gravity and they end up creating Spacegodzilla or something new all together. Anything is possible.
I guess I always assumed it was pointing to a striaight-up Godzilla vs. Godzilla movie.

Which, of course, would have been fan-wankery well beyond acceptable limits.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

There's much that could be done with the ending. If I remember, it wasn't only G cells they had. It was an open door for any monster to be made from biotechnology.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

edgaguirus wrote:There's much that could be done with the ending. If I remember, it wasn't only G cells they had. It was an open door for any monster to be made from biotechnology.
This. Mankind didn't learn anything from the Godzilla/Kiryu saga and would most likely repeat the exact same mistakes.
"A monster can live forever"

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

It could of been interesting to see a movie about all the DNA mutations fighting Godzilla and Kiryu.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.