Monsters that could've been in GFW

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Which monsters could've made it?

Gorosaurus (instead of zilla)
10%
Megalon
21%
Varan
13%
Titanosaurus
15%
Baragon
3%
Mechogodzilla
9%
Spacegodzilla (instead of Monster X)
13%
Other
10%
Its good the way it is
6%

Total votes: 250

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monsters that could've been in GFW

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

RolandEmmerich4EVR wrote:I think that Final Wars should have had an enemy that really tied the series together. One who has been a major foe of Godzilla since the very beginning. I speak, of course, of Giant Dr. Serizawa. After Godzilla is running amok, the Japanese government decides to irradiate some of the good Doc's DNA that they found. They make a giant clone and have him fight off Godzilla. He can punch, kick, and he's very smart. A worthy foe, in my opinion.
No that would just rape the character. :roll:
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
RolandEmmerich4EVR wrote:I think that Final Wars should have had an enemy that really tied the series together. One who has been a major foe of Godzilla since the very beginning. I speak, of course, of Giant Dr. Serizawa. After Godzilla is running amok, the Japanese government decides to irradiate some of the good Doc's DNA that they found. They make a giant clone and have him fight off Godzilla. He can punch, kick, and he's very smart. A worthy foe, in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure he was just joking lol

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
I'm pretty sure he was just joking lol
I know, I'm just ragging on him because of his username lol. But there are people who actually believe that is a good idea.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

This intense upgraded Gigan would've been cool in the movie

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Godzillian wrote:This intense upgraded Gigan would've been cool in the movie

Nothing is apparing.

Also, 1000th post!!!! :D (Oad to Joy starts playing!!)
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:
Godzillian wrote:This intense upgraded Gigan would've been cool in the movie

Nothing is apparing.
Trust me, it's far better that way. The thing looks like an overly chubby suit of medieval armor.

I'd still like to see it, if only out of morbid curiousity :twisted:

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

^Sure and while we're at it let's and Mecha-Kaiser Ghidorah as well.(only kidding) :lol:

The Oxygen Destroyer
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Oxygen Destroyer »

Godzilla3000 wrote:The final monster should've been Ghidorah. And not that goofy four legged piñata, I'm talking real Ghidorah. Maybe similar to grand King Ghidorah in design.
EXACTLY. King Ghidorah. No Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah. It's sad to think King Ghidorah's only true appearance in the Millennium series was as a good guy. I may be in a minority on this site but honestly I hate Monster X...as a kaiju. His design is alright I guess but as a Godzilla enemy he looks too human-like for my tastes. Jet Jaguar was a robot, so it's a little different, and it was in the gloriously goofy days of Godzilla. This is the Millennium series, they had no excuse. Godzilla's 50th Anniversary should have had him face off against his arch nemesis, King Ghidorah. Monster X and NOT King Ghidorah-Ghidorah are two of my major gripes with this film to be honest.

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

OperatingRain wrote:
Godzilla3000 wrote:The final monster should've been Ghidorah. And not that goofy four legged piñata, I'm talking real Ghidorah. Maybe similar to grand King Ghidorah in design.
EXACTLY. King Ghidorah. No Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah. It's sad to think King Ghidorah's only true appearance in the Millennium series was as a good guy. I may be in a minority on this site but honestly I hate Monster X...as a kaiju. His design is alright I guess but as a Godzilla enemy he looks too human-like for my tastes. Jet Jaguar was a robot, so it's a little different, and it was in the gloriously goofy days of Godzilla. This is the Millennium series, they had no excuse. Godzilla's 50th Anniversary should have had him face off against his arch nemesis, King Ghidorah. Monster X and NOT King Ghidorah-Ghidorah are two of my major gripes with this film to be honest.

I feel ya, while I was surprised the first time I saw Monster Zero become Keizer Ghidorah, I gotta admit his design could have been far better executed, I get what they were trying to do by crossing King Ghidorah with Desghidorah, but it didn't quite work (I liked his new abilities though). I like Monster X, but I wish his final form had been better realized, or perhaps have had him turn into King Ghidorah himself. But yeah, I too was bummed by how King Ghidorah was turned into a good guy...Pretty weak costume design too (except for the feet).

I think it would have been cool to see Megalon in Final Wars as well, perhaps as a tag team partner for Gigan.

The Oxygen Destroyer
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Oxygen Destroyer »

KaijuDuke wrote: I think it would have been cool to see Megalon in Final Wars as well, perhaps as a tag team partner for Gigan.
I would've liked to have seen Megalon too, with the same kind of update Gigan had. And as you said, have him and Gigan tag team against Godzilla. (Or Mothra, while Godzilla fights KING Ghidorah. KING.)

The Falcon Mech Z
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Falcon Mech Z »

I would've liked to see Orga.
This post was made to raise Varan awareness. Have you or a loved one ever had a piece of your soul taken from you? Then come fill that gap in your already empty soul with our best buddy Varan!

GodGan
Samurai

Post by GodGan »

The Falcon Mech Z wrote:I would've liked to see Orga.
Not sure how he would fit in at all, actually he can't fit in the movie at all, he would just be given the roll of Hedorah and get annihilated easily.
Anyways My Roster.
Jet Jaguar- Used to fight off the little Xilien UFO's and the monsters when the Xiliens deploy them to destroy cities.
Kiryu- Used in the opening scene of Godzilla being frozen, and was deployed after the Xilien Mechagodzilla was deployed.
Godzilla - Same role and looks
Minilla - Same Role
Ebirah - He fights Godzilla underwater after Godzilla defeats his first opponent and heads to Sydney.
Megalon - Give him the role of Gigan in sydney, he dies by getting his head blown off after Godzilla uses Megalon's own napalm bomb against him.
Zilla - Why not?
Baragon - Replace Kumonga with him, only that he can shoot his heat ray.
Varan- Give him the role of Kamacuras, he gets defeated by getting blasted to shreds.
Anguirus - Same role
Rodan - Same role
King caesar - Same role
Manda - Same role only he doesn't get killed at the beginning, he fights Godzilla underwater
Titanosaurus - Fights Godzilla after Godzilla defeats Manda and gets defeated the same way he was in the showa era, but unsure if survives or dies, fight would last the time Zilla- Kamacuras's fights lasted.
Mechagodzilla- Replace Monster X's role
Gigan (ChainSaw)- Deployed when Mechagodzilla wasn't holding up with Godzilla and Kiryu well
Mothra- Comes to help Godzilla and Kiryu
Battra- Same as Mothra
Hedorah- Deployed to fight off Mothra
Megalon- This time Cyborg deployed to fight off Battra
Grand King Ghidorah- Arrives after Hedorah is defeated by Mothra

Fights/Deaths in order
Jet Jaguar vs Ebirah - Same ending as Mutants vs Ebirah, lasted the same amount of time
Godzilla Vs Megalon- Same as Godzilla vs Gigan's, a little longer
Godzilla Vs Ebirah - Only 1 hit on Godzilla, then he gets beaten to a pulp.
Godzilla Vs Zilla - Same
Godzilla Vs Baragon- Baragon would jump around Godzilla spamming his Heat ray, making his mistake by biting Godzilla's arm then getting sent flying like Kumonga, same time as the original fight
Godzilla Vs Varan- Same but Varan gets a couple good hits on Godzilla, a little longer than the original fight.
Godzilla Vs Anguirus, King Caesar, Rodan- Keep the same
Godzilla Vs Manda- A little less shorter than Godzilla vs anguirus, rodan, and king caesar
Godzilla Vs Titanosaurus- Titano Kicks godzilla's ass till Godzilla gets the good hits on him
Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla- Same time as Godzilla Vs Monster X but MechaGodzilla knocks Godzilla out
Kiryu Vs MechaGodzilla- Fight lasted two times longer than Godzilla Vs Mecahgodzilla, Kiryu and Godzilla almost defeat MechaGodzilla before Gigan is launched.
Mothra, Battra Vs Megalon, Hedorah- Fight eventually carries onto Godzilla and Kiryu vs Mechagodzilla and Gigan, When Grand King Ghidorah touches land Hedorah is defeated by Mothra the same way Mothra defeated Gigan in final wars, severely wounding herself aswell.
Godzilla, Kiryu, Mothra, Battra Vs MechaGodzilla, Gigan, Megalon, Hedorah, Grand King Ghidorah- Like I said, the fight with The moths and the Aliens Mixed up with Godzilla's and Kiryu's with MechaGodzilla and Gigan. First of all, Grand King Ghidorah touches land as Hedorah is defeated and Mothra retreats severly injured, Megalon would defeat Battra like Gigan defeated Mothra in their first fight, by cutting off his wing, but Battra would be alive, just defeated. Megalon would of course be injured and his stupidity would be the cause of his death for staring at Battra's defeated body wondering if he's dead or not, he'd be killed by getting an Absolute Zero to the back. Fight would last a while
Godzilla, Kiryu Vs MechaGodzilla, Grand King Ghidorah, Gigan- Kiryu gets double teamed by Mechagodzilla and Gigan, defeats Mechagodzilla by pulling a Godzilla and moving out of the way as Gigan slices MechaGodzilla's head off on accident, aiming at Kiryu but Kiryu moving out of the way was MechaGodzilla's demise. Gigan and Kiryu would kill eachother from Gigan pulling a Megalon and Using his 2 discs to slice Kiryu's torso activating the Absolute Zero freezing Gigan, but Kiryu would be useless after the Absolute Zero Cannon was fired since he lost all his energy doing so.
Godzilla Vs Grand King Ghidorah- Fight would be huge, Godzilla about to be defeated until Jet Jaguar somehow transports some of his energy to Godzilla, then Godzilla wins like he did against Keizer Ghidorah.

Oh, Jet Jaguar would be used mostly for the human fights, helping the mutants against the Xilien aliens and defeating the Xilien Master with Ozaki after Gigan and Kiryu are defeated.
Hai

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

You know, a fiftieth anniversary film should've gone like this.

There are only five monsters in the film. Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla. The big five, all together in the movie. The final battle should have been the four other monsters against Ghidorah, or have Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra fight Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla if they went with the alien Mechagodzilla.

This may or may not have worked as a follow up to Tokyo S.O.S.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

I go with Megalon. I think he could've been in another movie besides his own.

The Falcon Mech Z
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Falcon Mech Z »

He could've been used instead of gigan, after gigan is destroyed, they could've taken him out and stuck orga into the gap. @GodGan
This post was made to raise Varan awareness. Have you or a loved one ever had a piece of your soul taken from you? Then come fill that gap in your already empty soul with our best buddy Varan!

BNSF1995
Samurai

Post by BNSF1995 »

I've got a huge amount of changes I would make:

CHANGES

*Replace the Gotengo with Kiryu
*Replace Karyu with Mechagodzilla 2, Eclair with MOGUERA (Heisei), and Rumbler with Jet Jaguar
*Remove the fight between the Atragon and Manda and have Manda fight Godzilla
*Replace Kumonga with Baragon, Kamacurus with Gorosaurus (DAM reference), and Hedorah with Megalon
*Move Rodan to Fukuoka (as in his debut film), and Zilla to New York (would use mostly stock footage from the 1998 film)
*Replace Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah with Destoroyah (my version uses the original idea that the GFW Godzilla is Godzilla Jr. from the Heisei series, so in this fight, Godzilla is out for revenge, in a very emotional fight)
*Zilla is extracted from New York and later returns for the final battle to battle Godzilla in a longer fight; Also give Zilla green atomic breath as in the cartoon
*Replace Gigan with Mechagodzilla (Showa)
*After crashing through Mechagodzilla, Mothra is revealed to survive and holds off a charging Zilla alongside Anguirus, Rodan, and King Caesar while Godzilla fights Destoroyah
*While fighting Destoroyah, the Xiliens also unleash King Ghidorah (Showa), giving Godzilla two monsters to fight; after killing Destoroyah (rather brutally and sadistically), it's down to eternal enemies Godzilla and King Ghidorah; Godzilla blasts Ghidorah's middle head and wings off, and at the end of the movie, it is revealed that King Ghidorah has become Mecha-King Ghidorah
*At the end of the movie, Godzilla, Anguirus, Rodan, King Caesar, Mothra, and Battra are relocated to Monster Island, guarded by Kiryu, Mechagodzilla 2, MOGUERA, Jet Jaguar, and Mecha-King Ghidorah; Continue the story in the Legendary Pictures movie
*Change the setting of the movie from c. 2046 to about a few years after Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (around 2000-2001); As a result, Godzilla Jr. is a much more docile monster, and is not an anti-hero, but a full-blown guardian of humanity and friend to children (but he doesn't engage in funtime like Gamera)

ADDITIONS

*After Godzilla defeats Anguirus, Rodan, and King Caesar, they come to and agree to help Godzilla; They are all present for the final battle and survive
*Have Biollante attack Rio de Janiero (emerges from the rainforest), Maguma attack Honolulu (emerges from Mauna Loa), Titanosaurus attack Sidney (filling in for the relocated Zilla), and Gezora attack Los Angeles
*En route to New York, Godzilla is attacked by Manda, who he easily defeats; then, en route to Los Angeles to fight Gezora, he's ambushed by Kamoebas in the Panama Canal
*After defeating Maguma in Honolulu, Godzilla rests on Wake Island, where he is attacked by a swarm of locust that herald the arrival of Megaguirus; Godzilla defeats her with his spiral ray
*The Shobijin summon not only Mothra, but Battra as well

SUBTRACTIONS

*Remove the ridiculous fight scenes between humans and aliens; In fact, make the humans minor characters and give the monsters center state; make this movie Godzilla's story
*Remove the obvious Star Wars rip-off scenes
*Remove the "Your resistance is futile" line
*Lessen the severity of damage worldwide so as not to make it look like the future is bleak for humanity
*REMOVE THE GOD-AWFUL MINYA SUB-PLOT! It's too much like a road-trip movie within a monster movie! In fact, axe Minya altogether!

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Godzilla14 wrote:Hmmm... GFW dosen`t have enough JET JAGUAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrBkXjUXLI0
I really don't see how he could be in it.
OT: If we just had Monster X, no Keizer Ghidorah. Though having an actual King Ghidorah in it would be much better.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

I would have loved to see Megalon come back and team up with Gigan again.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

I do know that Kiryu (Cut out due to Budget Issue's), The Giant Condor, Oodako, Ganimes (Replaced by Ebirah), Gorosaurus (Replaced by Zilla), and Destoroyah (Replaced by Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah) were all suppose to appear, but were cut.

I believe Megaguirus was going to as well, but I might be mistaken.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

The end fight should have been Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and Angurius teaming up against King Ghidorah, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, and Megalon/Titanosaurus/Destroyah.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!