Was Orga necessary for Godzilla 2000?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Was Orga necessary

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes: 50

OpteraKaiju92
Ronin

Re: Was Orga necessary for Godzilla 2000?

Post by OpteraKaiju92 »

Genjira Overwatch wrote:The UFO had Godzilla on the ropes for far too long because it had literally hacked the entire city it was fighting in. They needed a way to bring the fight to Godzilla's level, but I think they could've done it sooner than they actually did. They could've had Orga come forth when the UFO was absorbing sunlight, then had Orga hunt down/draw in Godzilla for the final fight to occur.
I agree completely. While I liked both the UFO and Orga, Orga probably couldve been introduced a bit earlier and still had the same effect. And i do think Orga was necessary after the debacle of G98, they not only wanted to do a soft reboot but even bring in aspects of some of their more profitable VS creature feature greats. I think it probably worked out in their favor to include him as well.
Last edited by OpteraKaiju92 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become" - Bruce Lee

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Now the question was if Orga necessary for the new film!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Now the question was if Orga necessary for the new film!
Yeah on one hand I like how random the monster choices were but on the other I think more 'grounded' earth monsters (Rodan, Baragon, Anguirus, Varan, Ebirah, Kamacuras, Kumonga, etc.) would've made the appearance of the ultra-powerful Godzilla (not to mention the aliens races!) more of a shock.

But as for Orga and G2K I remember being so pleasantly surprised the movie ended with a great big monster fight as a kid in the theatre that I can't see the film without it. I knew there was going to be a UFO going in but not that.

I see Megaguirus as more of a sore thumb - the movie has some interesting stuff with the alternate Godzilla history and the development of plasma energy, but then you have the G-Force/G-Grasper stuff, black hole guns and the bugs from Rodan making a comeback as random as the monsters from POTM's prologue.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

They could have kept it Godzilla Vs. The UFO, but unless it is something akin to the 1954 film, I am not going to begrudge getting a kaiju fight for the climax.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I would actually prefer Orga in his Millennian form, having intelligence and have more of an advantage with both shoulder cannon and his tentacles. Orga's final form moved like a tank, and he had a very unrealistic jump. He should be a little more berserk, slamming Godzilla into buildings or putting him in a full Nelson with them big hands.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Millenium form would have made an interesting adversary.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.