The Godzilla: Final Wars Poll

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

What is your opinion of the Godzilla: Final Wars movie.

Great Movie! Love it, Very Entertaining
28%
Like it. Decent Movie, has its flaws but still watchable
44%
Neither Good nor Bad
6%
Dislike it. Bad movie
16%
Terrible movie, Hate it, unwatchable
7%

Total votes: 153

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Godzilla: Final Wars Poll

Post by Zarm »

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:I don't think Anguirus is the worst redesign in the film. That honor may go to Rodan, who looks a bit too humanoid for my taste.
I have to agree with this. Most of the Final Wars designs are okay, a few are even very good or great. Rodan, on the other hand, has Batman's silhouette. He looks exactly like what he is; a guy in a rubber suit with wings and pointy ears. He's Batman.
I don't know what, and I don't know how, but this concept needs fan-art of some kind. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Zarm wrote:I don't know what, and I don't know how, but this concept needs fan-art of some kind. :)
Hmmm.. What a tempting decision... Sure, why not? :lol: Minor's on it.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

This movie was awesome. The Godzilla of this movie looked cool and he was a champion in a fight, bulldozing every kaiju in this movie. This film also had humans characters I actually cared about as opposed to characters I just listened to until the thing I actually care about show up. All the kaiju from the past had pretty good makeovers (especially Anguirus) and Monster X is my favorite of the Millennium kaiju with his skeleton theme, impressive fighting compared to other kaiju, and especially the Keizer Ghidorah form. The fighting itself was fun to watch too from both sides.

Also, the villain was funny with how such a big bad guy can be so immature.
I know what you mean about the characters. This movie is probably one of the most quotable movies in the saga. But my favorite line comes from good ol' Captain Gordon when he told controller X: "Listen kid, there are two things you don't know about the Earth, one is me, the other is... Godzilla". Such a kick ass line.

The funniest line came probably from the Controller X himself: "I knew that tuna head was good for nothin'.... NEXT!"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Those are like, the only two memorable lines from the movie.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Those are like, the only two memorable lines from the movie.
How could you possibly forget

GAAAAAIIIIIIGANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! Rise!- X
Sorry, I'm a vegetarian.
The entire NY sequence.

Besides that, yeah. Not very memorable.

RIP Evan.

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

"Humankind caused this great fire, it burnt everything in existence, you see?
It made Godzilla angry. This is why Godzilla can never forgive mankind"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Those are like, the only two memorable lines from the movie.
Everyone goes for the easy ones. For me, it's neither of those;

Along with the Japanese voice over for "I kinda like this face.". Sounds so much better in Japanese.

OT: I find that Final Wars is...odd. Its a meh movie, that I can get some enjoyment out of in a few scenes.

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

"The world is ruined, now it's a matter of pride. We either die hiding. Or we die fighting"

Added in 11 minutes 57 seconds:
The peaceful Controller to the young Controller X:
"Just remember, he who let his life be ruled by violence would be destroyed by it."

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Can I say its incredibly flawed but incredibly entertaining?

Because that's how I feel about the film...
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

Can I say its incredibly flawed but incredibly entertaining?
Most movies are/can be incredibly flawed. Take for instance The Matrix, Xmen, Avengers etc.

Incredibly entertaining is indeed how I feel about Godzilla: Final Wars as well. The one movie in the franchise that leaves me feeling pumped to the max.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

latinothor wrote:Most movies are/can be incredibly flawed. Take for instance The Matrix, Xmen, Avengers etc.
I would have to state that IMO Final Wars is a more
flawed film than those 3 examples you have given
latinothor wrote:Incredibly entertaining is indeed how I feel about Godzilla: Final Wars as well. The one movie in the franchise that leaves me feeling pumped to the max.
Almost like its an overly long music video right?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

Nope. In my case, I wish this movie would have been an hour longer. Probably doubling time on the fight scenes. I jut can't get enough of this movie.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

If a movie needs this many threads to debate whether or not it’s worth a fuck, there’s something wrong…

All of this could easily be merged with the general Final Wars thread, we don’t need a thousand threads pleading for the acceptance of GFW among the fandom.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:If a movie needs this many threads to debate whether or not it’s worth a skreeonk, there’s something wrong…

All of this could easily be merged with the general Final Wars thread, we don’t need a thousand threads pleading for the acceptance of GFW among the fandom.
I agree.

Like really. At this point just make a thread only for people to praise the damn thing only....no outside opinions whatsoever....just people praising it.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:If a movie needs this many threads to debate whether or not it’s worth a skreeonk, there’s something wrong…

I agree.

Like really. At this point just make a thread only for people to praise the damn thing only....no outside opinions whatsoever....just people praising it.
I'd make one for "Everything Godzilla vs. Biollante Does Right" but the thread would be barren and empty...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote:

At this point just make a thread only for people to praise the damn thing only....no outside opinions whatsoever....just people praising it.
You don’t know how many people around here would agree to this, smh.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Chocolate boy chocolate boy chocolate boy

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Chocolate boy chocolate boy chocolate boy
RIP Squirtle :shrug:

Hope he got to meet the real “Angulas” :P
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Chocolate boy chocolate boy chocolate boy
RIP Squirtle :shrug:

Hope he got to meet the real “Angulas” :P
I still wonder what the hell they were thinking when they made that particular scene.
"Just smear some chocolate on this kid's face and let's film him burning some monster toys".

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

goji89 wrote:

I agree.

I know right? Like if you enjoy the movie then just enjoy it, don't try convincing others to change their mind.