Monster Discussion: The Titans

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Monster Discussion: The Titans

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Let's talk about everybody's favorite people eating giants, the Titans, from Attack On Titan and Attack On Titan 2: End of the World.
Ranging from the Mindless Titans to the Titan Shifters, discuss them here!
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Wed May 17, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: Monster Discussion: The Titans

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

I'd like to kick things off by saying that they are the most disturbing-looking monsters I've ever seen in a movie.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I love how similar yet different to humans they look. It's the Uncanny Valley at its best.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

These movies REALLY messed up the story and characters to a great extent but the movies will always be worth watching for me because of these Titans. I seriously think they are scarier than the ones in the manga/anime. Honestly I like to look at these movies as the closest we will ever get to a sequel or remake of War of the Gargantuas.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

cloverfan98 wrote:These movies REALLY messed up the story and characters to a great extent but the movies will always be worth watching for me because of these Titans. I seriously think they are scarier than the ones in the manga/anime. Honestly I like to look at these movies as the closest we will ever get to a sequel or remake of War of the Gargantuas.
Well, the movies WERE heavily influenced by War of the Gargantua's, no question the Armored Titan is based on Gaira, and the Rogue vs. Armored fight is influenced by Sanda & Gairas battle
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
cloverfan98 wrote:These movies REALLY messed up the story and characters to a great extent but the movies will always be worth watching for me because of these Titans. I seriously think they are scarier than the ones in the manga/anime. Honestly I like to look at these movies as the closest we will ever get to a sequel or remake of War of the Gargantuas.
Well, the movies WERE heavily influenced by War of the Gargantua's, no question the Armored Titan is based on Gaira, and the Rogue vs. Armored fight is influenced by Sanda & Gairas battle
I knew it! There were just so many similarities.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I am loving the anime, I've watched the first sixteen episodes! I want to watch the movies, but I hear they are not too good. The Titans terrify me!
Last edited by Anguirus on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

It's interesting given the budget for the movies that they didn't use CGI.

These are the highlight of the movies.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Tohosaurus wrote:It's interesting given the budget for the movies that they didn't use CGI.

These are the highlight of the movies.
They did for some sequences, and the Colossal Titan was also CGI. That said, I was impressed by the amount of practical effects used on both the Armored and Attack Titans.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

I haven’t seen the live action movies (and I have no real interest in seeking them out), but the Titans in the manga and anime are awesome.
Spoiler:
I love that the Titans are actually tools of the Marleyan war machine, as demonstrated in the final battle of the Middle Eastern War. Their history is also interesting, with the mysterious Ymir, the Eldian genocide against Marley, the Eldian King’s self-imposed exile with his mindwiped followers to the three walls of Paradis, and the Marleyans’ Nazi-like persecution of the remaining Eldians (I’m not exaggerating - the Marleyans and Eldians both have German sounding names, Germanic architecture, and the Eldians are forced to wear star markings identifying their race, and live in ghettos. Eldians are Jews, Marleyans are Aryans).

The political thriller that the story has become doesn’t detract from the Titans either. The image of Eren brutally slaughtering Marleyans and mainland Eldians, including children, is even more terrifying than Reiner and Bertholdt’s attack on Paradis. I’m actually pretty anxious about seeing what Armin will do, now that he’s the Colossal Titan.
Last edited by Cybermat47 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.