Did Shusuke Kaneko actually say that his Godzilla was the strongest Godzilla yet?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Vandarker
G-Grasper

Did Shusuke Kaneko actually say that his Godzilla was the strongest Godzilla yet?

Post by Vandarker »

I've read it mentioned somewhere on this forum. Is this something that he actually said? Is there an official source for the quote? All I've been able to find is that GMK Godzilla was supposed to be the strongest monster in-film.

Now I'm not trying to start an argument about which Godzilla is the strongest. I just want to confirm that this was something that was actually said.

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Re: Did Shusuke Kaneko actually say that his Godzilla was the strongest Godzilla yet?

Post by GigaGoji »

Probably not. Why, who told you that he did say that?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Did Shusuke Kaneko actually say that his Godzilla was the strongest Godzilla yet?

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Interesting. Source anyone?
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am sorry to go a tad off topic, but what made Masaaki Tezuka want to go pretty much the polar opposite route for Godzilla in the following two films he directed? By that I mean a klutzy punching bag for his opponent (Kiryu)?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Almost all the directors say their Godzilla is the strongest, but now it seems the competition is 'Who can make the tallest Godzilla'
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Post by GigaGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:I am sorry to go a tad off topic, but what made Masaaki Tezuka want to go pretty much the polar opposite route for Godzilla in the following two films he directed? By that I mean a klutzy punching bag for his opponent?
Haha, no idea. Maybe he just wanted a dumber Godzilla for his movie. The design is good, at least.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

He said he wanted his Godzilla to be the strongest kaiju in his film not in the franchise. He specifically made Godzilla the strongest kaiju in GMK. You probably are misremebering the quote