Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2002-2003/Kiryu Saga)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Brian4205
Monsterland Worker

Re: Is the Kiryu Godzilla somewhat weaker?

Post by Brian4205 »

No I feel he's powerful aswell, like all post showa incarnations, go ahead, express yourself.

heiseisaegusa
Monsterland Worker

Re: Is the Kiryu Godzilla somewhat weaker?

Post by heiseisaegusa »

I felt that Godzilla was far more powerful than kiyru but less intelligent, it seemed to take just a few hits from godzilla to put kiyru out of action, Godzilla acted like an animal not going out of his way to finish off enemies.There are loads of times godzilla was about to finish any enemy and he gets distracted for instance in GvsMG2 Godzilla picked MG up and threw him only to be distracted by garuda which saved MG's ass a similar thing happened in this movie just prior to the absolute zero cannon firing Godzilla was about to destroy kiryu when he is shot at by one of the jets that accompany kiryu, saving it.
84-95

KiryuDragon
Ronin

Godzilla's Chest Wound

Post by KiryuDragon »

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla: Kiryu's final attempt at using the Absolute Zero Gun partially succeeds, leaving Godzilla with a large bloody wound on his chest that you would think would leave quite a scar on the humiliated Monster King.

Godzilla: Tokyo SOS: Godzilla surfaces in the still under-repaired city of Shinagawa and you get several good looks at his chest. NO ABSOLUTE ZERO SCAR. How in the heck could a wound like that heal that quickly in obviously less than a year?

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Re: Godzilla's Chest Wound

Post by GodzillaDude »

KiryuDragon wrote:Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla: Kiryu's final attempt at using the Absolute Zero Gun partially succeeds, leaving Godzilla with a large bloody wound on his chest that you would think would leave quite a scar on the humiliated Monster King.

Godzilla: Tokyo SOS: Godzilla surfaces in the still under-repaired city of Shinagawa and you get several good looks at his chest. NO ABSOLUTE ZERO SCAR. How in the heck could a wound like that heal that quickly in obviously less than a year?
There was a scar. Right when Godzilla surfaced they "analyzed" it and said "Judging by the wound it's the same Godzilla!"
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

KiryuDragon
Ronin

Post by KiryuDragon »

GodzillaDude wrote:
KiryuDragon wrote:Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla: Kiryu's final attempt at using the Absolute Zero Gun partially succeeds, leaving Godzilla with a large bloody wound on his chest that you would think would leave quite a scar on the humiliated Monster King.

There was a scar. Right when Godzilla surfaced they "analyzed" it and said "Judging by the wound it's the same Godzilla!"
Kinda pathetic still though that the JSDF can see it through fancy technology but most actual viewers of the movie can't see it through the whole hour-long battle.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Why are there two threads of this???
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

whoa, doppelganger thread!

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

That is one "what the heck are you talking about?" post. There is a scar-- the characters even comment on it in the movie-- and in all the years since the film was released this is the first time I've seen someone claim it wasn't there.

Here's Godzilla suit and prop maker Shinichi Wakasa comment on making the TOKYO SOS Godzilla...

WAKASA: I made a big scar on his chest, but didn't change many other details. We made three new Godzilla suits -- a main suit, another one for action scenes, and a water suit. Last year, I made an upper body suit for closeups, but this year we're using an animatronic Godzilla prop instead.

And here's a photo of the prop with the scar clearly visible...

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

kpa wrote:

That is one "what the heck are you talking about?" post. There is a scar-- the characters even comment on it in the movie-- and in all the years since the film was released this is the first time I've seen someone claim it wasn't there.

Here's Godzilla suit and prop maker Shinichi Wakasa comment on making the TOKYO SOS Godzilla...

WAKASA: I made a big scar on his chest, but didn't change many other details. We made three new Godzilla suits -- a main suit, another one for action scenes, and a water suit. Last year, I made an upper body suit for closeups, but this year we're using an animatronic Godzilla prop instead.

And here's a photo of the prop with the scar clearly visible...

Brightened it up for you to make sure KiryuDragon sees it!

SA

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Well mystery solved. I think theirs no need for this thread anymore.

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Living Corpse wrote:Just wondering but what program do you use to brighten photos? Might come in handy one day.
It's called "Windows Photo Gallery".

And yeah there is really no need for this thread anymore.
SA

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Legion1979 wrote:
antovald20 wrote:Well mystery solved. I think theirs no need for this thread anymore.
When was this ever a mystery?

I mean, jeez, just look at any of the Godzilla figures Bandai put out to promote SOS. The scar is right there on all of them.
I know dude. I was trying to be funny.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillaDude wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Just wondering but what program do you use to brighten photos? Might come in handy one day.
It's called "Windows Photo Gallery".

And yeah there is really no need for this thread anymore.
Any Mac equivalent?
Sorry man I'm not entirely sure.
SA

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2002-2003/Kiryu Saga)

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Eh, I've always either just thought this design was okay or have mixed feelings on it. Partially because Godzilla 2000 is my favorite incarnation/design and this version just feels watered down.

He seemed rather passive too, I know there are fan explanations but that's what feels like to me, at least. He did have a couple of badass moments though, I won't deny that.

Though one thing I really didn't like was how his spines crackled off and on and the sound of his atomic ray charging up made...kinda seemed like he was having trouble powering it up or something.
Resized Image

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla (2002-2003) Discussion Thread

Post by Tohosaurus »

I prefer this color scheme (skin, spines, ray) to the similar 1999-2000 design, but I prefer the more aggressive design of that 99-00 suit.

Both were ultimately too stiff, bulky, or at least not portrayed as being very mobile and brawl capable though. CGI enhancements for elements like the eyes (for movement) would have really helped too. The biggest problem overall though was the cavalier and un-energetic nature of this Godzilla. There was a sense of force and intimidation with GMK's Godzilla or an upbeat GFW Godzilla, but not much going on here.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

This is my favorite of the Millennium Gojis. It has the basic design of Mire and Gira, while keeping the original Godzilla colors.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Awesome suit. I liked that it took Mire-Goji's appearance and made it more 'classic' with the already known colors and shape of Godzilla, only more modern and cool.

One of my favorites of the Millenium series.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Kaijugriffey
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kaijugriffey »

I've always liked the kiryu Goji suit. It just seemed to be a well balanced and menacing look without venturing into the ridiculous. I prefer it to the GMK dead eyes suit or the mess that is the GFW suit.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaijunator wrote:This is my favorite of the Millennium Gojis.
Same.

And I love that he has a scar. He can heal, but that doesn't mean it'll be prefect.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Funny how this Godzilla is considered not as strong as the rest in the era, but it brought a LOT of trouble to the humans in its respective movies. :P
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.