Monster Discussion: Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Discussion: Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

deleted
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

I like this Kaiju, because he looks very boney when he's Monster X, and it looks really Ghidorah when he's Keizer Ghidorah.
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

I love this guy. Love how he stands absolutely equal to FW Godzilla, maybe even surpassing him a bit in his first form alone, and I love his Keizer Ghidorah design. And the sounds.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gojira18 wrote: And the sounds.
Yeah, I loved how demonic he sounds. A lot scarier than Death Ghidorah's roars imo.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I don't mind Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah. But I do wish that they had been 2 different monsters instead of Monster X just being another form of Ghidorah. That and while I don't mind a quadrupedal form of Ghidorah, I do wish that it had been done better.
Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I thought Monster X looked pretty sweet...and then he changed into Keizer Ghidorah
& to this day I just can't like the design...especially since the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy
featured a couple of amazing Ghidorah designs.
Last edited by Grievous on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I love Monster X, but despise Keizer Ghidorah. Monster X has a really original design, and the brief scenes of it fighting Godzilla were really cool. I like how it was both agile but also really bulky and had a good combo of energy and melee attacks. KG just looks so rubbery.

Also random thought, but did anyone else ever think the partial transformation looks cooler then KezierGhidorah? What I mean is when Monster X gets on all fours, gets bulkier and grows wings. Would’ve been better to keep it like that IMO.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

PineappleProducer
Monsterland Worker

Post by PineappleProducer »

^ Yeah, I do. Like you, I am also a fan of Monster X himself, but not Keizer Ghidorah. I dunno, Keizer Ghidorah just looks too big and dumb to me. I would have preferred King Ghidorah to be the final opponent in Final Wars, myself.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

PineappleProducer wrote:^ Yeah, I do. Like you, I am also a fan of Monster X himself, but not Keizer Ghidorah. I dunno, Keizer Ghidorah just looks too big and dumb to me. I would have preferred King Ghidorah to be the final opponent in Final Wars, myself.
Its almost like they had the perfect opportunity for that...

Like when Monster X begins to transform his "outer shell" could have cracked
& split revealing some kind of light trying to escape before he explodes in a
blinding shimmer of golden light revealing the "Classic" King Ghidorah.

I personally think that would have worked better overall...but that's just my
opinion.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I love Monster X, but despise Keizer Ghidorah. Monster X has a really original design, and the brief scenes of it fighting Godzilla were really cool. I like how it was both agile but also really bulky and had a good combo of energy and melee attacks. KG just looks so rubbery.

Also random thought, but did anyone else ever think the partial transformation looks cooler then KezierGhidorah? What I mean is when Monster X gets on all fours, gets bulkier and grows wings. Would’ve been better to keep it like that IMO.
Agree completely man. Monster X is a great kaiju. Threatening, unique design, and strong enough to go head to head with Godzilla. It's one of the few things I think GFW did right when they build up it up as a threat. Once he turns into Keizer, he becomes rather boring which is a shame. IDK about him getting on all fours for the rest of the movie but I love the idea of it gaining wings and glowing gold as a "powered up" form for the final battle

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Am I the only one who thought Keizer Ghidorah's wings were a BIT smaller than his whole body?
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Just curious, when Keizer Ghidorah fought Godzilla in his final form, was he really that powerful or was Godzilla just tired after all the swimming and fighting he did before?

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It's more credible for Godzilla to be exhausted but it's ridiculous to assume credibility of any kind was on the filmmakers' minds. Keizer Ghidorah is the ultimate foe: he's intended to be that powerful.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

The Baranosdragon
GPN Volunteer

Post by The Baranosdragon »

For some strange reason, I have a soft spot for this monster, though Keizer Ghidorah specifically. While Monster X is a bit... bland for my tastes, I do find Keizer Ghidorah's design far more interesting, largely due to its four legs, differing heads, and torso wings. That is also where his issues come from, though; the wings are... very strange looking, and outright impractical. I understand that it is a suit, thus, more difficult to operate the more bells and whistles you add to it, but I think it would have benefited from them being a touch larger 9especially in the comics).

There isn't much to Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah, but I like its design just fine, though the latter especially.
January 1st, 1929 - August 8th, 2017. May Haruo Nakajima Rest in Peace.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Here's a dumb question.

What caused Monster X to turn into Keizer Ghidorah?

Normally when a monster evolves, it comes as like the next stage in their evolution (Mothra, Biollante, Hedorah, Battra, Destroyah, Shin Godzilla, etc.) or because something happens to them that causes the mutation (Super Godzilla getting the in game power ups, Godzilla getting the Spiral Ray from Rodan, Rainbow Mothra being in hybernation in a special cocoon makes her Armor Mothra, etc.). But natural evolutions usually take time, and that's something Monster X didn't have as he just showed up at the end of the film.

Monster X just seems to randomly change into Keizer Ghidorah, as if he could have done that the whole time. If he could do it the whole time, why didn't he? And if he couldn't what was it that activated the sudden change?

Here was my head canon explanation: Monster X doesn't become Keizer Ghidorah until after the Xilean mothership is destroyed.

What if Keizer Ghidorah was SOOOOOOO powerful, that the only way the Xileans could control him is if he was "imprisoned" in a weaker state. The Monster X form is a shell around the more powerful Keizer Ghidorah body that restricts his powers just enough to where they can control him. Once the Xilean mothership is destroyed, so are the safeguards keeping Keizer Ghidorah in his body shell of a prison. So once they were destroyed, Keizer Ghidorah could finally break free and unleash his true power.

I think I put way more thought into that than was needed, especially if there was an in film explanation that I don't remember. :D
Last edited by GojiDog on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Maybe Monster X is similar to Frieza, where the final form is the original, (in this case Keizer Ghidorah), and Keizer can create a weaker form or shell to conceal his power.

Maybe it takes forever to regress back into Monster X, besides, X might of thought that he could easily dispatch Godzilla, which didn't happen. Plus that's just how writing goes when you have a big bad with a transformation. ;)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

^^^

The Frieza explanation also works. :D
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Terasawa wrote:It's more credible for Godzilla to be exhausted but it's ridiculous to assume credibility of any kind was on the filmmakers' minds. Keizer Ghidorah is the ultimate foe: he's intended to be that powerful.
It's just hard for me to believe that all things considered. Even more so considering how we don't fully know how strong he is/how poorly he's handled character wise.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I always assumed that GojiDogs idea was just how it was. The transformation briefly occurs after the mother ship is blown up. Monster X is like an exterior shell of sorts keeping all the power in, it’s why with the form gone it sortve explodes.

We also know that the Xilliens were experimenting with bio technology. It’s a small detail, but it was stated most of the worlds monsters were covertly injected with xillien DNA to control them. It could be assumed the same was done with Keizer Ghidorah.

Also note:
Monster X
Keizer Ghidorah

It’s not “X-Ghidorah”
Or “Keizer X”
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Terasawa wrote:It's more credible for Godzilla to be exhausted but it's ridiculous to assume credibility of any kind was on the filmmakers' minds. Keizer Ghidorah is the ultimate foe: he's intended to be that powerful.
It's just hard for me to believe that all things considered. Even more so considering how we don't fully know how strong he is/how poorly he's handled character wise.
Well, the lead Xilien explains that "Keizer" is some type of ultra-evolved version of a species. Pair that with the fact that Keizer Ghidorah is the final opponent in the film (and at this point Godzilla's final opponent ever) and it seems pretty clear that he's supposed to be at least the strongest monster in the film. Godzilla is only able to win when he receives a power up from Keizer mutant (whatever his name is) and is able to blast KG into outer fucking space with a supercharged heat ray.

I agree that it's not convincing as the ultimate Godzilla opponent but that's in part because Shinichi Wakasa and company made a really lousy monster costume. I'd say that it's clear that Godzilla and Monster X are supposed to be evenly matched but Keizer Ghidorah is that much stronger than Godzilla. That doesn't make much sense either but that's how they portray it for us.

It's just a shitty movie anyway.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.