Is Final Wars Zilla REALLY that weak? (My 2 cents)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Re: Is Final Wars Zilla REALLY that weak? (My 2 cents)

Post by Monster X »

Well you've got to remember the hate for Zilla was still pretty hot at the time this film was made. Toho had already downplayed 1998 in a previous film and really Zilla's sol reason for inclusion in the film, in fact the very reason Toho went to the trouble of rebranding him as Zilla, was to have Godzilla brutally curb stomp him.

What saved Zilla was a number of things. The animated series really helped to give him a better image post film and there were fans of the monster despite how bad the film was.

Its only been in resent years that Zilla has finally be able to move out from under that dark shadow of hate and be appreciated as a very interesting kaiju in its own right. Rulers of Earth and Monster Apocalypse are to very good examples of how Zilla's been accepted by the fan base and how the monster can fit a very unique role in the franchise.

Zilla is not as big or tough as many other kaiju but he's fast, smart, very adaptable and can reproduce asexually. All these things make him almost an equal menace to Godzilla for the opposite reasons. He'll always be the butt of the "monster mistaken for Godzilla" trop but in a way that aspect of Zilla is very fitting and rather ingrained.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Not at all. Final Wars Godzilla was just stupidly overpowered.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Godzilla1998Fan
Ronin

Post by Godzilla1998Fan »

latinothor wrote:And I am one of those that believe Zilla survived Godzilla's ray attack (barely and extremely hurt) by burrowing underground.
Would you be surprised that i believe the same too?
Don't let my username fool you as i'm a fan of both Godzilla & Godzilla 1998 & yes i refer to him as Godzilla not zilla. :D

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I never thought he was that weak. I think that this version of Godzilla is just so overpowered with the energy of Toho Director G-Boners, that the "AMERICAN", emphasis on that word for a reason, Godzilla. Stood no chance. And if he did survive barely there's no way he was coming back from that.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Godzilla1998Fan wrote:
latinothor wrote:And I am one of those that believe Zilla survived Godzilla's ray attack (barely and extremely hurt) by burrowing underground.
Nah he's dead.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Godzilla1998Fan wrote:
Nah he's dead.
Dude let out a death roar and everything, never to be seen again. No evidence to support he survived. 100% dead.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Nah he's dead.
Dude let out a death roar and everything, never to be seen again. No evidence to support he survived. 100% dead.
All that's left is a tuna casserole.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Nah he's dead.
All that's left is burnt tuna casserole.
Fixed that for ya. ;)
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: Dude let out a death roar and everything, never to be seen again. No evidence to support he survived. 100% dead.
All that's left is burnt tuna casserole.
Fixed that for ya. ;)
Perfect, simply fantastic. :mrgreen:

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

What sucks about this is that Zilla getting killed by Godzilla makes perfect sense and is a funny scene but then Godzilla KILLS HEDROAH EVEN FASTER which ruins the best joke in the whole film. Of course the 98 Godzilla would die instantly going up against any of the Japanese Godzillas and I'm saying this as a big fan of G98.

Godzilla1998Fan
Ronin

Post by Godzilla1998Fan »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: All that's left is burnt tuna casserole.
Fixed that for ya. ;)
Can't you guys let me have this? :|
Last edited by Godzilla1998Fan on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let my username fool you as i'm a fan of both Godzilla & Godzilla 1998 & yes i refer to him as Godzilla not zilla. :D

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

cloverfan98 wrote:What sucks about this is that Zilla getting killed by Godzilla makes perfect sense and is a funny scene but then Godzilla KILLS HEDROAH EVEN FASTER which ruins the best joke in the whole film. Of course the 98 Godzilla would die instantly going up against any of the Japanese Godzillas and I'm saying this as a big fan of G98.
To be the Devil's advocate here, we see Zilla "spawn" so to speak. We don't see Hedorah spawn; Godzilla just blasts him out of the water. They may have been battling off-screen before we saw the finishing move.

Added in 22 seconds:
Godzilla1998Fan wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Fixed that for ya. ;)
Can't you guys let me have this? :|
You're entitled to your head-canon.