Which unmade Millennium film would you've like to see?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Which unmade Millennium film would you've like to see?

Roland Emmerich's Godzilla 2 (2000)
3%
Godzilla Reborn (2001)
14%
Godzilla vs. Kamacuras (2001)
5%
Godzilla vs. M (2001)
5%
Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001)
42%
Godzilla vs. Gamera (2002)
26%
Godzilla 3D to the Max (2009)
6%

Total votes: 65

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Which unmade Millennium film would you've like to see?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Definitely Godzilla vs. Gamera for sure. I don't even need to explain why. All I got to say though is does Toho have any idea how much money they could've made from the kaiju fandom who had long wanted to see that happen? Biggest mistake they ever made in their lives.

Then the original GMK would be a close second since Varan would've gotten the attention he deserved and better then getting King Ghidorah as a good guy along with being weaker and smaller then Godzilla which IMO doesn't work.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Godzilla vs Gamera. Nuff said.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I don't think or believe that Godzilla vs Gamera was ever actually considered by Toho.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I don't think or believe that Godzilla vs Gamera was ever actually considered by Toho.
Technically you're right. What happened was that Daei approached Toho in 2002 offering to do a Godzilla vs. Gamera crossover movie but Toho turned it down. I hear the main reason Toho turned it down was that Daei wanted Gamera to win but its probably mostly due to Toho's history with Daei.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Godzilla Reborn

The idea of a US production with the creature effects handled by Toho, created as a sequel to Godzilla 2000....featuring leads like Bruce Campbell and Jamie Lee Curtis....with an appearance from Shinoda from G2K....and Steve Martin playing a reporter named Raymond Burr....good gravy that all sounds like so much fun.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Going with Godzilla vs. Kamacuras, since i'm sure Kaneko's genius mind could've came up with an amazing idea for it. Honestly i don't want Godzilla vs. Gamera anymore.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GvAVB. I love my crawly bois and I wish they got into the final film. (Also because Baragon would've had a larger role).
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GAVB. Who wouldn't wanna see Anguirus with an actually good-looking non-Showa design?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I would have like to have gotten that 1st version of GMK with Varan and Anguirus instead. I would have loved to see them return, especially Anguirus.

But if I had to be honest, Godzilla Vs. Gamera gets my vote. Its the dream match we've always wanted.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Godzilla vs. Gamera got my vote initially. However, considering we don't know anything about it other than Godzilla fighting Gamera, and with no attached director, changed it to GAVB. Kaneko's original vision sounded extremely interesting, three smaller guardian monsters that synergized really well together and fought as "one giant monster" against Godzilla. Maybe one of these days the full script will be posted in a book, I'd love to read it.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

kiryu86
Samurai

Post by kiryu86 »

GxVBA would have been interesting, but I like the gods of earth, water, and sky theme and I think the monsters chosen fit that theme fairly well.

Maybe they should have used Rodan instead of Ghidorah, but he fits really well into the already established Japanese folklore as orochi.

Part of me would have liked to see Varan and Anguirus in more films, but Im glad they saved Baragon from perhaps total obscurity and his design is adorable.

In the end, I think it was also a financial decision. Mothra and King Ghidorah are the big crowd pleasers. I dont think the film would have drawn a general audience as well without them.

Im fairly happy with what we got, but the alternate version would have been cool to see.
Last edited by kiryu86 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not all who wander are lost

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Godzilla vs. Gamera. The one major opponent in the Kaiju world Godzilla has yet to take on officially, a true dream match. That is what I'd pay to see out of the options.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

GMK is already my favorite Millennium film but GAV, made exactly as Kaneko intended, would probably be even better. Second place goes to Godzilla 3D to the Max. I was really excited for that one and very disappointed when it never happened.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy