Meaning of Tokyo SOS cliffhanger

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: Meaning of Tokyo SOS cliffhanger

Post by SonOfGorgo »

edgaguirus wrote:I'm glad Toho didn't do it. Gino may have been available, but another Godzilla clone would be too much. There was other kaiju DNA in the lab, so bringing back one of the past monsters would be more interesting.
IKR, they could've brought back Biollante even.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Eh. Maybe I just feel that way due to my wanting of a real battle between the two in a film.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I doubt there were ever any plans to follow up on the cliff hanger. In the unlikely event Toho opted to ditch Final Wars for a third Mechagodzilla film, the stinger probably would have been brushed aside with little comment.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
edgaguirus wrote:I'm glad Toho didn't do it. Gino may have been available, but another Godzilla clone would be too much. There was other kaiju DNA in the lab, so bringing back one of the past monsters would be more interesting.
IKR, they could've brought back Biollante even.
That's actually how I always thought of it since I was young, I was fully convinced it as a Biollante set up and it didn't help that the previous film had a little girl with a plant as a supporting character so that made me believe they were building up something.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I just wish someone was here to translate what all kaiju they had DNA for, I think I recognized Mothra, Baragon, Anguirus, and Gaira.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I think the only ones visible on screen are Kamoeba and Godzilla but I think a picture of the set exists that shows more monster names.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Terasawa wrote:I think the only ones visible on screen are Kamoeba and Godzilla but I think a picture of the set exists that shows more monster names.
That’s where I saw Anguirus and Mothra’s name.

I know Kamoebas and Ganimes were also on that list as well.

Wonder if someone could dig that list up somewhere
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Stump Feet wrote:
Terasawa wrote:I think the only ones visible on screen are Kamoeba and Godzilla but I think a picture of the set exists that shows more monster names.

one of the monsters names is called Tezuka,a nice little inside joke :lol: the other is called "Futami". the Gargantuas are also there i've heard.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I knew the Gargantuas were there but not those other two :lol:

God I hope someone can dig that photo out, I’d really like to see who’s there
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Stump Feet wrote:

Because they’re just katakana I could do it in a few minutes if anyone has the picture. It shouldn’t be hard.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

TBH, I was actually planning on PMing you the image if someone posted it here :lol:

You've kinda became the resident TK translator guru lol

I'm gonna ask around in the SoS general thread so maybe I'll have better luck there.

Added in 1 hour 6 minutes 27 seconds:
So after a few hours of searching, the closest I could find to this was an image from the Godzilla Complete Works book featuring all the Kiryu-ized kaiju, the other side of the image appears to be around 9 tanks and a shit ton of text, but I didn't think it was clear enough for LSD to read, but you're free to try, you can find it by googling "Godzilla Tokyo SoS DNA" and surfing through the images.

I did manage to find this on Wikizilla though-
Although Godzilla and Kamoebas are the only two names visible in the DNA repository of giant monsters, the other canisters contain the cells of Gaira, Sanda, Varan, Ganimes, Ebirah, and two original-yet-unseen characters dubbed Tezuka and Futami, with the former's name being an in-joke reference towards director Masaaki Tezuka.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

The cyborg Gargantuas in the artwork for the supposed third Kiryu film is disturbing, because their heads are in jars while having mechanized bodies but if you look closely, you can see their brain poking out of their skull... This is definitely more of a mad scientist's experiment more than it is a weapon to save the world.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

It’s not from a “supposed third Kiryu film”, it was just a separate “what if” scenario
Long Live The Sting

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I think the beating heart at the end symbolizes that Godzilla will regenerate and always come back
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I think the beating heart at the end symbolizes that Godzilla will regenerate and always come back
Wrong movie, dude.
Long Live The Sting

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Basically I figured, in the back of my own mind, if Toho had continued the Kiryu time line. We'd end up getting Kiryu 2.0 for the next, or an upcoming film. Using Godzilla's DNA to create a new bio-computer, wetware system to operate a new Kiryu. This one without the bugaboo on Japanese belief systems, or incurring the wrath of Mothra of using G-'54's skeleton as a frame to build Mechagodzilla/Kiryu onto. Although, in the awesome artwork for a pitched Metal Monster army, they could have a custom mech designed to take on a threat in a specific environment, battle ground that Kiryu couldn't operate in if called. Putting him at a tactical disadvantage. Besides, other than the glitch which sent Kiryu on the rampage in his encounter with Godzilla, the cyborg performed quite effectively against the Big-G. Even though plans were in the running to scrap him after he finally took down the King, I honestly very much doubt their weren't plans for the next model of kaiju combating mech to deal with the next threat the AMF had to handle.
Last edited by The One and Only on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Way i see it: *singing* HISTORY SHOWS AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT NATURE POINTS OUT THE FOLLEY OF MAAAAN! GO GO GODZILLA!

Jokes aside,that's exactly what i got out of it. If there was ever a sequel it would probably be about Godzilla and maybe Kiryu teaming up to defeat a genetically engineered monster.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I honestly thought it was heading to Godzilla vs Godzilla again or Godzilla vs a Chimera.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

A chimera kaiju would be interesting to see.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

PRIMEVAL wrote:I'd love to see a continuation of this story whether in film or animation.
Same here dude