Final Wars Question: Destoroyah?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
kingGoji1954
Yojimbo

Final Wars Question: Destoroyah?

Post by kingGoji1954 »

was the rumor true that Destroyah was thrown around for the final "VILLIAN" in GFW?? or was it just that a nothing rumor?? plz explain fellow G-Fans.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: a question on final wars...

Post by JVM »

What the hell does it matter? Destoroyah would have been BUTCHERED if they used him. GFW's the worst movie of all time.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

kingGoji1954
Yojimbo

Post by kingGoji1954 »

Just a question chief

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

As far as I know, Destoroyah was never planned for GFW.

All I've heard about monster selection is that they tossed some toys out of various Godzilla monsters and Kitamura picked his favorites.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Never before have i heard this rumor. The only monster that was seriously rumored to be in GFW that didn't make it was Gorosaurus...
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

I doubt it. I hink KG was the only choice all along.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

kingGoji1954
Yojimbo

Post by kingGoji1954 »

ya i wasnt sure on the reliability of the rumor i herd. thanks for the in put guys.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:Never before have i heard this rumor. The only monster that was seriously rumored to be in GFW that didn't make it was Gorosaurus...
MechaGodzilla and Gorosaurus. MechaGodzilla was cut for budget reasons, and Gorosaurus was replaced with Zilla.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Ganime and where replace by Ebirah.
I haven't heard this one before.
I remember reading about Kiryu having some type of role in the movie, but I'm not sure if this was real or not?
Yes and no. A Mechagodzilla was planned to appear, but since Tezuka was not involved, it would not have been Kiryu.

ZigraDude
Monarch Researcher

Post by ZigraDude »

Kpa stated before in the old TK board that all Godzilla monsters were considered for GFW, but not all were considered seriously. So you could say Biollante, Orga, and Mecha-King Ghidorah were considered, but they probably weren't conisdered seriously and were quickly axed. I don't think any Heisei monster was considered seriously because their origins were so specifically tied-in with their movies. Showa monsters are easier to work with since their origins are simpler and they would work for a Destroy All Monsters remake. I'm sure Destoroyah was considered for the film, but was probably axed quickly.

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

JVM wrote:GFW's the worst movie of all time.
Over-exaggeration for the win!
Proud father, husband, and son.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I don't think Ebirah "being weak in the movie" had anything to do with Ganimes (supposedly) being considered at one point. Seeing that Ebirah was actually in a Godzilla film, the idea that any kaiju from SPACE AMOEBA was considered seems really hard to believe. Ebirah went down the way he did because the script called for it. That's about it.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Despite the fact that i really don't care for Ebirah an The Smog monster it would have been cool to see scene's of them battling it out under-water before Godzilla blasted them to hell.

The Spider an Ant thing ''forgot there names'' where fine getting killed quickly.. but they both should have attacked Godzilla together to make the scene more interesting an slightly longer.

Zilla's death was just fine.. Quick an easy.. maybe another minute 30 seconds showing him under-ground or climbing a building an Godzilla blasting him would have been alright too.

Should have also had Titanosaurus in there tag teamed with ''Mecha-Godzilla'' the Classic appearance of the ''First design'' kind of like repeating ''Terror of Mecha-Godzilla'' an Godzilla beat Titanosaurus an have King Ghidorah show up an have a 2 on 1 battle an have Rodan an King Ceasar comeback an helping Godzilla take out Mecha-G. An let Godzilla an King Ghidorah battle it out as a fitting end.

That would have been awesome to see at-least for me. Also wouldn't have minded seeing Mothra an Gigan's battle last longer too.

Although i am glad Biollante didn't make an appearance, As much as i do love that creature an design as a personal favorite she was just to unique to actually fit in this film without totally destroying her character.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

Years later, I am still shocked at how bad that movie was/is. Especially considering it was supposed to be Godzilla's last.
50 years of service and no respect!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

FW Godzilla was orginally Godzilla jr so Destroyer would make alot of sense as the final villian.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

KaneLocke wrote:
I'll own up, I did exaggerate a teensy bit.

But it IS one of the worst movies of all time.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:
KaneLocke wrote:

Not even close.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

EleKaiju
GPN Volunteer

Post by EleKaiju »

I do recall hearing some sort of rumor that the original idea for GFW did involve Junior as the main Goji, but was changed when Kitumara took over.

I doubt it, though.
"rofl rofl not to diss but that is varans cousin, totally looks like varan with some diffs but that is varans cousin. dang."

derp

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I've never heard of Destoroyah being considered for Godzilla: Final Wars. I know that another Mechagodzilla was considered. :eh:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

miguelnuva wrote:FW Godzilla was orginally Godzilla jr so Destroyer would make alot of sense as the final villian.
No. Just... no.
JVM wrote:
KaneLocke wrote:

I'll grant you one of the worst Godzilla films, one of the worst TOHO films, but I don't think it even makes it into the top 50 worst movies ever. Hell, not even the top 100.
Proud father, husband, and son.